Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Game of Thrones

At the conclusion of this season, do you think we will see who will sit on the Iron Throne?

If so, who do you see coming out victorious?

I think many *big name characters* will die.

I am hoping for something that makes us say, WOW and have to research the exact lineage/link to the Iron Throne.

Also here pulling for the Night King........simply only for the "bad guy" winning once.

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Cersei does not stand a chance now.

Golden Army...

But Uncle Mo is definitely on the side of the north. 

Not detracting from GOT at all....

You know I am the resident TWD geek, but that single GOT episode was the best television I have ever seen. 

TENSE from beginning to end. 

0-100 in what, less than a minute. 

7 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Not detracting from GOT at all....

You know I am the resident TWD geek, but that single GOT episode was the best television I have ever seen. 

TENSE from beginning to end. 

0-100 in what, less than a minute. 

There are a handful of episodes in my lifetime that are unforgettable. This is one of the best ever. Also unforgettable: Henry Blake’s plane being shot down in MASH. The last episode of MASH. Edith Bunker passing away. The last Seinfeld, because it was a dud ending.There might be a couple others, but those standout the most. 

33 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Hope you are right...but is there much of an Army left?  The opening battle scene made me go....uh-oh......not good!

It appears The North lost all of the Dothraki, many of the Wildings, the Unsullied, etc.  Such a great episode.

8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I do think Danaerys freezing in battle and John Snow getting her head on right makes the transition to Snow becoming the King.

Playing devil's advocate here, but wouldnt that be quite lackluster?

Yep.  I was hoping for something like..........

the white walkers army "winning" the north.  making the north retreat south to cersei and the golden army.

needless to say the episode and what the writers and all involved did, was utterly amazing.

5 hours ago, Irishman said:

There are a handful of episodes in my lifetime that are unforgettable. This is one of the best ever. Also unforgettable: Henry Blake’s plane being shot down in MASH. The last episode of MASH. Edith Bunker passing away. The last Seinfeld, because it was a dud ending.There might be a couple others, but those standout the most. 

You know darn well Irish, that I have never watched MASH....I did watch a few AITF (funny as all get out).  YUGE Seinfeld guy here.....though The Office has overthrown Seinfeld as my "go-to" comedy at any minute.

And......................let the bashing begin................🤣

3 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I have to watch it again.....probably tonight.  Lots of complaints about the darkness in filming.  It did have me front and center to my TV last night.

lol.  mine was ok though i did screw something up as I smartcast (dumbcast for me) from my phone to the tv.  I got like 2 minutes ahead of my wife.  Our tv kept buffering.

3 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

🤣

lol.  mine was ok though i did screw something up as I smartcast (dumbcast for me) from my phone to the tv.  I got like 2 minutes ahead of my wife.  Our tv kept buffering.

I was streaming it as well, I have an ipad that I usually watch through my appleTV box. But my new TV allows streaming right to it, which is nice, but every option I had went through a major buffering point. That buffering is what keeps me from going all in on streaming and turning off the satellite

Was "The Long Night" too dark to see? That's on you, says Game Of Thrones cinematographer: https://news.avclub.com/was-game-of-thrones-the-long-night-too-dark-to-see-t-1834416256

A question then arose: Does the blame fall on episode director Miguel Sapochnik and cinematographer Fabian Wagner? Or on us, our stupid TVs, and the factory settings we never changed? Opinion is mixed.

Wagner stands by his work. “A lot of the problem is that a lot of people don’t know how to tune their TVs properly,” he told Wired. “A lot of people also unfortunately watch it on small iPads, which in no way can do justice to a show like that anyway.” He continued, “Personally I don’t have to always see what’s going on because it’s more about the emotional impact...Game of Thrones is a cinematic show and therefore you have to watch it like you’re at a cinema: in a darkened room. If you watch a night scene in a brightly-lit room then that won’t help you see the image properly.”

HBO, too, asserted “there were not issues across any of HBO’s platforms” in a statement to Motherboard. Motherboard’s Matthew Gault maintains that the issue doesn’t lie solely on viewers, though, saying that the downgrade comes from a “pressure both on internet connections and the hosting company’s servers.” James Wilcox, a senior electronics editor at Consumer Reports, told him, “So either HBO is screwing up the encoding of the show, or there’s not sufficient bandwidth to transmit the show without losing the bit detail in darker images. You don’t really notice it as much in brighter scenes. I was able to watch it on an OLED TV, which does a better job with blacks, and even on these sets the issue remains. It’s not the TV technology.”

Gizmodo came to a similar conclusion, but added that Game Of Thrones is shot as if it’s going to be screened in a professional theater when, for many viewers, that’s most certainly not the case. “The makers of Game of Thrones almost certainly blew it here,” writes Alex Cranz. “They did not take into account two big factors. First, that people would watch streams which could downgrade thanks to the demands on the servers of HBO and other services, and second, that people would watch the episode on uncalibrated displays in rooms that weren’t lit like a movie house.”

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Was "The Long Night" too dark to see? That's on you, says Game Of Thrones cinematographer: https://news.avclub.com/was-game-of-thrones-the-long-night-too-dark-to-see-t-1834416256

Besides the buffering, we had no issues viewing wise from their end.

Now me screwing up HBO GO (cast from my phone to my TV), that's on me.  I hit something on the phone (don't know what) and ended the episode about 2-3 minutes ahead of my wife.  I was watching my phone and she was watching the TV that kept buffering.

18 hours ago, Muda69 said:

ayvyc6r3w7rh9eyefkby.jpg

Oops.

My Favorite:

Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains, AND the First Drinker of Pumpkin Spice.......

Or - Instead of "The Last of the Starks" maybe the episode should have been named "The First of the Starbucks".....

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Muda69 said:

ayvyc6r3w7rh9eyefkby.jpg

Oops.

Tormund, Jon, and Daenerys DEFINITELY did not go through Starbucks "sensitivity" training.