Sign in to follow this  
DannEllenwood

Game of Thrones

Whenever the wildlings are a big part of a scene, does anyone else think of Celts from movies like Braveheart? 😂

• Thanks 1

What it felt like watching the Arya and Gendry scene, where she checked THAT item off her bucket list......ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, .......OK, it's over..... 

D4uQzAZW4AAaGzB.jpg

• Haha 2

Predictions as to which characters will perish next episode in the battle?  Will be weird to think they will become part of the Army of the Dead.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, swordfish said:

What it felt like watching the Arya and Gendry scene, where she checked THAT item off her bucket list......ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, .......OK, it's over..... 

D4uQzAZW4AAaGzB.jpg

Great scene with Brianne becoming a knight...knighted by Jaime.  Has me guessing she will perish defending Jaime in the next episode.  

Loved Tormund explaining how he got so big, suckling from the teets of a giant mother.  For you that desire your son to play Power 5 football.....you may just have a new plan.........

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Great scene with Brianne becoming a knight.

It's Brienne.

50 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

It's Brienne.

LOL....thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

Great scene with Brianne becoming a knight...knighted by Jaime.  Has me guessing she will perish defending Jaime in the next episode.  

Loved Tormund explaining how he got so big, suckling from the teets of a giant mother.  For you that desire your son to play Power 5 football.....you may just have a new plan.........

I thought Jaime was going to lop off her head.

At the conclusion of this season, do you think we will see who will sit on the Iron Throne?

If so, who do you see coming out victorious?

I think many *big name characters* will die.

I am hoping for something that makes us say, WOW and have to research the exact lineage/link to the Iron Throne.

Also here pulling for the Night King........simply only for the "bad guy" winning once.

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Cersei does not stand a chance now.

Golden Army...

But Uncle Mo is definitely on the side of the north. 

Not detracting from GOT at all....

You know I am the resident TWD geek, but that single GOT episode was the best television I have ever seen. 

TENSE from beginning to end. 

0-100 in what, less than a minute. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Not detracting from GOT at all....

You know I am the resident TWD geek, but that single GOT episode was the best television I have ever seen. 

TENSE from beginning to end. 

0-100 in what, less than a minute. 

There are a handful of episodes in my lifetime that are unforgettable. This is one of the best ever. Also unforgettable: Henry Blake’s plane being shot down in MASH. The last episode of MASH. Edith Bunker passing away. The last Seinfeld, because it was a dud ending.There might be a couple others, but those standout the most. 

Posted (edited)

Me when Arya flew into scene and did........her scene......(not a spoiler)

Image result for surprised throwing popcorn

Now waiting to see the next battle......with Cersei:

Image result for surprised throwing popcorn

Edited by swordfish

10 hours ago, Irishman said:

Cersei does not stand a chance now.

Hope you are right...but is there much of an Army left?  The opening battle scene made me go....uh-oh......not good!

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Hope you are right...but is there much of an Army left?  The opening battle scene made me go....uh-oh......not good!

It appears The North lost all of the Dothraki, many of the Wildings, the Unsullied, etc.  Such a great episode.

• Like 1

I do think Danaerys freezing in battle and John Snow getting her head on right makes the transition to Snow becoming the King.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I do think Danaerys freezing in battle and John Snow getting her head on right makes the transition to Snow becoming the King.

Playing devil's advocate here, but wouldnt that be quite lackluster?

5 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

Playing devil's advocate here, but wouldnt that be quite lackluster?

You mean something along the lines of: who is left to rule? Probably

Yep.  I was hoping for something like..........

the white walkers army "winning" the north.  making the north retreat south to cersei and the golden army.

needless to say the episode and what the writers and all involved did, was utterly amazing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

Yep.  I was hoping for something like..........

the white walkers army "winning" the north.  making the north retreat south to cersei and the golden army.

needless to say the episode and what the writers and all involved did, was utterly amazing.

I have to watch it again.....probably tonight.  Lots of complaints about the darkness in filming.  It did have me front and center to my TV last night.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Irishman said:

There are a handful of episodes in my lifetime that are unforgettable. This is one of the best ever. Also unforgettable: Henry Blake’s plane being shot down in MASH. The last episode of MASH. Edith Bunker passing away. The last Seinfeld, because it was a dud ending.There might be a couple others, but those standout the most. 

You know darn well Irish, that I have never watched MASH....I did watch a few AITF (funny as all get out).  YUGE Seinfeld guy here.....though The Office has overthrown Seinfeld as my "go-to" comedy at any minute.

And......................let the bashing begin................🤣

3 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I have to watch it again.....probably tonight.  Lots of complaints about the darkness in filming.  It did have me front and center to my TV last night.

lol.  mine was ok though i did screw something up as I smartcast (dumbcast for me) from my phone to the tv.  I got like 2 minutes ahead of my wife.  Our tv kept buffering.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Lots of complaints about the darkness in filming.

We turned all the lights off in the house. It was much easier to watch after that.

Sign in to follow this