Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Purdue getting a bigger steal than they thought

DumfriesYMCA

Looks like Brady Allen is starting to get some bumps in the rankings department. On3 has him as QB4 of the class just short of 5 star status.  ESPN moved him up from 17th to 10th and into the top 300 at 203.  I imagine 247 and rivals will follow with a small bump of some sort…but still…Purdue recruited Brady when most rankings had him between 17th and 25th at the QB spot…and now he is firmly in the top 10. 

a small bummer he will sit behind AOC for a year but Purdue fans and coaches have to be happy seeing the rankings reflect their opinions 

EDB22043-4CA5-4575-85FF-0AA62B1436D8.thumb.png.0f71d5add7b09789f31a6d0a31419526.png

6 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Looks like Brady Allen is starting to get some bumps in the rankings department. On3 has him as QB4 of the class just short of 5 star status.  ESPN moved him up from 17th to 10th and into the top 300 at 203.  I imagine 247 and rivals will follow with a small bump of some sort…but still…Purdue recruited Brady when most rankings had him between 17th and 25th at the QB spot…and now he is firmly in the top 10. 

a small bummer he will sit behind AOC for a year but Purdue fans and coaches have to be happy seeing the rankings reflect their opinions 

EDB22043-4CA5-4575-85FF-0AA62B1436D8.thumb.png.0f71d5add7b09789f31a6d0a31419526.png

AOC and Purdue in the same breath. My Man Mitch just had a panic attack. 😂 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DE said:

AOC and Purdue in the same breath. My Man Mitch just had a panic attack. 😂 

It took some getting used to…I kinda prefer the AOC playing QB haha.  The man doesn’t even bother with social media….just minds his own business…what’s not to like haha 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

So dumb question but how long has On3 been around? I don't remember seeing that service before...

15 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It took some getting used to…I kinda prefer the AOC playing QB haha.  The man doesn’t even bother with social media….just minds his own business…what’s not to like haha 

The QB AOC seems like the type of guy who will be working in Finance or Tech in the Chicago area and ten years from now nobody he meets will believe he was QB1 on a B1G roster.

I'm curious to see who holds the backup spot coming into the Fall. Hoping for an injury free season, but it's been a long time since Purdue has played the same QB all season.

1 hour ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

So dumb question but how long has On3 been around? I don't remember seeing that service before...

I believe it’s a fairly new thing but it’s grown considerably….they have write ups and scouting things for a lot of players and their consensus rankings are evenly weighted between itself, espn, rivals, and 247….apparently 247 and rivals give their own rankings a lot more weight for their consensus.

the interface for the site is nice too imo.  

The site can’t be more than 2 years old I would think…but it at least seems like there are people putting in a ton of work to make it better every day 

I personally am a fan of their consensus rankings knowing that they weigh their rankings equally with espn rivals and 247.  25% each and at a quick glance you can see how each ranks a particular player 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 11:33 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

"Purdue getting a bigger steal than they thought"

Not sure how this is relevant.  Purdue knows exactly what they have. A change in a player's ranking doesn't change that.

Just had to read my last paragraph man.  Come on cut me some slack 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA