Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bears Hire New GM

Bobref

8 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I wonder if Mr. Poles know that Sean Payton may now be available.

Even though he stepped down, he has 3 years on his current contract. So, the Bears would have to trade players or draft picks to get him. Back on January 10th, Mike Florio said one of the teams looking for a new head coach was looking at someone who currently is a head coach. 

I really like that Poles made it clear before accepting the job that the HC hire would be his choice. Therefore, I'm really hoping he's bringing more candidates the 3 who have been leaked to have 2nd interviews. Field Yates gave him a glowing review yesterday on ESPN Chicago radio. One thing I really like about Poles: he's survived 3 different GM's in Kansas City and each of those GM's has promoted him. Sounds like he was doing something very well in their organization to not only be retained by the incoming GM, but to also get promoted.

42 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Even though he stepped down, he has 3 years on his current contract. So, the Bears would have to trade players or draft picks to get him. Back on January 10th, Mike Florio said one of the teams looking for a new head coach was looking at someone who currently is a head coach. 

I'd be willing to give up another 1st round pick for Payton. I'm cringing at the idea of Jim Caldwell.

24 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I think Payton wants out of NO because he doesn't have a QB.  So not sure why he would want to go to Chicago.......maybe because he grew up in Naperville??

Pure pie in the sky dreaming. Payton lived a portion of his youth in Naperville and went to Naperville Central. He then went to college at Eastern Illinois. I'm not sure if he's ever on record saying he's a Bears guy; however, Bears fans like to think it's a job he would be interested in.

6 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I think Payton wants out of NO because he doesn't have a QB.  So not sure why he would want to go to Chicago.......maybe because he grew up in Naperville??

“Whatcha talking bout Willis?”

The Bears have THREE. Count them, THREE QB’s. SB winning QB, Nick Foles. The Red Rocket, Andy Dalton. And Just (my luck I was drafted by Da Beers)in Fields. 

6 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Pure pie in the sky dreaming. Payton lived a portion of his youth in Naperville and went to Naperville Central. He then went to college at Eastern Illinois. I'm not sure if he's ever on record saying he's a Bears guy; however, Bears fans like to think it's a job he would be interested in.

Ehem…..1987 “Scab” Bears starting QB. 

• Haha 1