Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Off Season 2022

Irishman

4 minutes ago, DE said:

Dude has proven nothing.  Jus' sayin

There are other "starting" qbs in the League who have proven they aren't good enough to be a starter. Jus' sayin'

Edited by gonzoron

19 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

There are other "starting" qbs in the League who have proven they aren't good enough to be a starter. Jus' sayin'

Yet they are starters and he isn't.  Jus' sayin

Word is that Mitchell Trubisky is going to sign a nice deal with the Giants, following his old OC, and that there were a number of teams ready to pay him well. If he goes to the Giants, he will start more games this season than Daniel Jones. Book it.

34 minutes ago, DE said:

Yet they are starters and he isn't.  Jus' sayin

Right, they're trade fodder, and he's not. The same washed up qb's keep getting washed up even more in different towns. Some of them can't even cut it as coaches.

27 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Wentz heading to Washington....

From the Indy Star:  https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2022/03/09/colts-quarterback-carson-wentz-traded-washington/9442629002/

The Colts are trading starting quarterback Carson Wentz to the Washington Commanders, two league sources told IndyStar on Wednesday, for a package of draft picks and full relief from his salary, a move that ensures Indianapolis will have its fifth different starting quarterback in the past five years.

Indianapolis traded Wentz and its second-round pick, No. 47 overall, for Washington's second-round pick, No. 42 overall; its third-round pick, No. 73 overall, and a conditional third-round pick in 2023 that could become a second-rounder if Wentz plays more than 70 percent of the snaps.

Washington also took on Wentz's entire contract, handing the Colts more than $28 million in salary cap space and pushing their total to more than anybody else in the NFL heading into free agency next week.

https://deadspin.com/return-of-the-mack-1848638525

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Los Angeles Chargers and Chicago Bears are on the verge of finalizing a deal that would send Khalil Mack, to the Chargers in exchange for a 2022 second-round pick and 2023 sixth-rounder.

Since Mack’s menacing start to his four-year career in Chicago back in 2018, which included a trip to the postseason, Mack has failed to achieve double-digit sack totals since. In 2021, he played only seven games due to season-ending foot surgery. More importantly, he missed the postseason two of the last three seasons.

There was a time when Mack was mentioned in the same stratosphere as the Rams’ Aaron Donald. However, three disappointing seasons in Chicago have taken some of the shine off of Mack and rendered him an afterthought. He’ll be an instrumental piece in the Chargers’ attempt to gain footing in a division boasting some of the most dynamic quarterbacks in the league (Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes and Derek Carr, along with the Chargers’ Justin Herbert). Mack will be a boon to a Chargers front seven that allowed 138.9 rushing yards per game, third-most in the NFL. He’ll have his hands full, but he’ll have help. Not only will Mack be operating in the same L.A. market as Donald, but his third act revival pairs him with another game-changing defensive end, Joey Bosa.

Bosa’s presence means the Chargers have assembled one of the best pass-rushing duos in the NFL. That statement should strike fear in the hearts of most quarterbacks, but especially in a particular divisional foe whose quarterback was one of the most sacked quarterbacks in the NFL last season.

Boo. I was really hoping Mr. Mack was going to have a resurgence in 2022 for the Bears. 

On 3/9/2022 at 1:11 PM, DE said:

Dude has proven nothing.  Jus' sayin

Actually he has DE......

He's proven that he cannot unseat a 39 year old QB that the Pack re-upped for 4 years for a very, very high price.  That tells me plenty about Love.  The Pack are not ready to hand him the key to the car.  

Farve was pushed out when Rogers was ready....same is not happening now.  

• Kill me now 1

On 3/9/2022 at 6:31 PM, PHJIrish said:

May God bless the Washington Commanders!  I hate this for Terry McLaurin though!

Yeah...because Taylor Heinicke is such a better option for him.....🙄

You keep talking negatively about someone you really don't know.  I have asked you for some actual firm data to back up your negativity about Wentz in the locker room.  Do you have anything other than his Covid vaccine stance???

50 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Actually he has DE......

He's proven that he cannot unseat a 39 year old QB that the Pack re-upped for 4 years for a very, very high price.  That tells me plenty about Love.  The Pack are not ready to hand him the key to the car.  

Very true.

51 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Actually he has DE......

And AR12 is another fantastic example of a man standing his ground on his beliefs.  As we see how all that bs is playing out for the people who pushed it.  So glad so many made the choice best for them.

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Actually he has DE......

Comparing Rodgers and Wentz is laughable. 

15 hours ago, Bobref said:

I don’t think Favre was a back to back MVP award winner in the two years before he was “pushed out.”

Bottom line, if they felt Love (a former 1st round draft pick was ready after 2 years of watching) they would have made the move.  They obviously believe that he isn't ready and so they re-upped a great player, that is near the end of his career for a large sum of money and 4 years.  Keeping a first round pick on the bench for multiple years isn't desired.

Favre wasn't MVP, but he threw for almost 4200 yds and 28 TD's in his final year for the Pack.  Bottom line, they felt Rodgers (1st round pick) was ready and made the move.  

15 hours ago, DE said:

What are you even talking about?  He isn't comparing the 2.  Try and keep up.

Guessing one too many wine coolers last evening....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Bottom line, if they felt Love (a former 1st round draft pick was ready after 2 years of watching) they would have made the move.  They obviously believe that he isn't ready and so they re-upped a great player, that is near the end of his career for a large sum of money and 4 years.  Keeping a first round pick on the bench for multiple years isn't desired.

Favre wasn't MVP, but he threw for almost 4200 yds and 28 TD's in his final year for the Pack.  Bottom line, they felt Rodgers (1st round pick) was ready and made the move.  

Guessing one too many wine coolers last evening....

😂 Bazinga

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Elderberry.

And yes, you were comparing Wentz and Rodgers in relation to Love.

not even close.  The conversation about Wentz was about the locker room comments made.  My comments with Love was in regards I do not believe he is a strong option for the Colts given their opening at QB.  Totally unrelated.  He is not ready to be the #1 in GB.  And that is not comparing Love to Rodgers...its clear that Rodgers is the preferred option to Love by Packers management.

Try again....I never compared anyone, let alone Wentz to Love.  2 separate issues.

Edited by Bash Riprock

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

not even close.  The conversation about Wentz was about the locker room comments made.  My comments with Love was in regards I do not believe he is a strong option for the Colts given their opening at QB.  Totally unrelated.  He is not ready to be the #1 in GB.  And that is not comparing Love to Rodgers...its clear that Rodgers is the preferred option to Love by Packers management.

Try again....I never compared anyone, let alone Wentz to Love.  2 separate issues.

The guy is clueless and will move the goal posts to fit his narrative. Total 🤡. Will die on a hill even though the proof is right here. Not very smart. 

50 minutes ago, DE said:

The guy is clueless and will move the goal posts to fit his narrative. Total 🤡. Will die on a hill even though the proof is right here. Not very smart. 

Do you REALLY have to keep up with the CONSTANT name calling toward him? We get it....you don't like him at all; why continue to do this? So people disagree on a topic? BFD........but you LOVE to pile on. Just stop. Put him on ignore. 

• Thanks 1