Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Off Season 2022

Irishman

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

To those questioning Bell's 40 speed at the Combine, here is Tom Brady's official Combine photo back in the day.

brady combine photo.jpg

Because QB's and WR's are the same????  They need the same attributes?

I didn't question if Bell would be successful.  I questioned if the Colts need 2 of the same type of possession receivers, with Pittman already on the roster.  If Campbell can stay healthy and with his speed, keep the field spread, it will make a possession receiver even better, and open up lanes for the TE's, and make life easier for Taylor when he cracks the 2nd layer.  But if the safeties have no fear of speed...they will come up and shrink the field.  That was my point about speed at the WR position.  The NFL is not Big 10 football.

Bell ran a 4.65 40 in the combine...that is an eye opener for ANY WR.  Hopefully it was a bad day, and perhaps that will allow him to slip down to the Colts in the 2nd round.  Doesn't mean he won't be successful in the NFL.  Simply about diversity needed at the WR position.

• Like 1

Just now, Bobref said:

Not really apples to apples. Now, if Brady had an arm strength deficiency that limited him on some basic throws, that’s a more apt comparison.

I don't agree. They're both football players. Time will tell regarding Bell, but if you go back and look at  Brady's situation entering the draft it was very similar. Both had issues from the combine that definitely affected Brady's selection(6th round pick) and remains to be seen how Bell's selection spot will be affected by his 'slow' speed in the 40.

But if you only want to compare receivers with slow 40 times to Bell, here's a list of those: 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/the-wide-receivers-who-ran-slow-at-the-nfl-combine-and-still-had-pretty-good-careers

But if you only want to compare receivers with slow 40 times to Bell, here's a list of those: 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/the-wide-receivers-who-ran-slow-at-the-nfl-combine-and-still-had-pretty-good-careers

And do you have a similar list of potential wide receivers with lousy 40 times, and how many of them fizzled? I bet it’s a lot longer than that one.

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

And do you have a similar list of potential wide receivers with lousy 40 times, and how many of them fizzled? I bet it’s a lot longer than that one.

And I'm sure there is a long list of quarterbacks who were drafted in the 6th round due to a poor  combine showing who fizzled as well. Where exactly are you going with this? 

Edited by gonzoron

9 hours ago, Bobref said:

Not really apples to apples. Now, if Brady had an arm strength deficiency that limited him on some basic throws, that’s a more apt comparison.

My original post with the picture of Brady was to compare the situation they were in entering the Draft, not to compare the physical attributes of each. It must have been misunderstood by both you and Bash Dad. Bash even has his threads confused by only talking about the Colts in his response.

7 hours ago, gonzoron said:

And I'm sure there is a long list of quarterbacks who were drafted in the 6th round due to a poor  combine showing who fizzled as well. Where exactly are you going with this? 

My point is simply that a wide receiver who runs a 4.65 40 is unlikely to make it in the NFL, if that’s really an accurate gauge of his foot speed. There are exceptions, but they are … exceptional. What did he run at his pro day?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

My original post with the picture of Brady was to compare the situation they were in entering the Draft, not to compare the physical attributes of each. It must have been misunderstood by both you and Bash Dad. Bash even has his threads confused by only talking about the Colts in his response.

I understand. I wish David Bell the best. I hope he makes it. But please don’t use Tom Brady as an example. He’s a unicorn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No confusion here....and my comments to you supported comments made in the past about a fit for the Colts.  Simply clarifying my previous comments and I stand behind them.  I hope and believe Bell will succeed....but there are questions.

Not sure why you continue mislabeling my identify....now that's confusion.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

My point is simply that a wide receiver who runs a 4.65 40 is unlikely to make it in the NFL, if that’s really an accurate gauge of his foot speed. There are exceptions, but they are … exceptional. What did he run at his pro day?

Looks like he didn't run it because of temps....although I would have thought the indoor facility would have been heated....

https://www.si.com/college/purdue/football/wide-receiver-david-bell-showcases-skills-at-purdue-football-pro-day#:~:text=Bell%2C who posted a time,in the 40-degree weather.

I was reading that his 4.65 40 time put him below the 5th percentile for all WR's.  He's ranked 1578 of out 2613 WR's from 1987 - 2022.  Scored around a 4 out of 10 for his Relative Athletic Score.  (original was <3)

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/cowboys-2022-nfl-draft-profile-david-bell/

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/04/2022-draft-wide-receiver-prospects-relative-athletic-scores-ras/

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/david-bell-demarvin-leal-hurt-their-nfl-draft-stock-following-the-2022-nfl-combine/

Edited by Bash Riprock

34 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I've heard him called a goat and a wild donkey, but never a unicorn. Until now.

definitely not the first.....ask Aaron Rodgers

https://clutchpoints.com/patriots-news-aaron-rodgers-says-patriots-qb-tom-brady-is-a-unicorn-for-playing-at-age-41/

https://nesn.com/2018/10/aaron-rodgers-has-immense-respect-for-tom-brady-hes-a-unicorn/

image.png.20d668af2c546e65315354e2dc589e93.pngimage.png.faaebeffe1175b1fe6d121ad16aa970c.png

1 hour ago, temptation said:

if you refuse to meet him there, you are soft.

He's cheap too. Maybe you could pick him up and give him a ride up in your Caddy. Everything should be fine if you leave by sunset. Let's go @temptation!, give your brother in stripes some love!

Edited by gonzoron

7 hours ago, gonzoron said:

He's cheap too. Maybe you could pick him up and give him a ride up in your Caddy. Everything should be fine if you leave by sunset. Let's go @temptation!, give your brother in stripes some love!

You are inviting us to dinner.  That implies you are buying.  Come on Gonzo. You buy the tenderloins. I’ll buy ya a pop. 

Bell will do well. Kids tough. I’d take a bunch of him on my team. 

1 hour ago, DE said:

You are inviting us to dinner.  That implies you are buying.  Come on Gonzo. You buy the tenderloins. I’ll buy ya a pop. 

Bell will do well. Kids tough. I’d take a bunch of him on my team. 

Not even the early bird special with this guy.  All talk.

I agree about Bell.  I think he makes it in the league.

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Worry about your own finances.

Then don't extend an invite to dinner.

Try and keep up.

3 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Worry about your own finances.

I do.  That is why I can pay for trips like I do.  Stay in your lane.

25 minutes ago, DE said:

Then don't extend an invite to dinner.

Try and keep up.

I do.  That is why I can pay for trips like I do.  Stay in your lane.

I most certainly DID NOT invite you to dinner. You barged into a separate conversation that didn’t involve you and invited yourself. Unless you planned to eat some dirt in the alley behind the Dollar……

You're the one bragging about having all the cash from officiating……… Buy your own GD tenderloin.  

• Haha 1