Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Roncalli job open

36 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

This has to be the top coaching spot available in the state no? 

I was surprised our friend HHF wasn't on here saying every young couch in the state should be vying for this position....because hey...it's in Indy where the special football is played.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I was surprised our friend HHF wasn't on here saying every young couch in the state should be vying for this position....because hey...it's in Indy where the special football is played.

They should look at the centerville coach he has Indy ties, is up and coming, and comes from the Valparaiso university football factory

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Cant afford the pay cut.

Just now, MICFan34 said:

Any internal candidates or coaches with Catholic school experience that would want this job?

Hard to imagine any public school teachers taking a significant paycut for this position. 

Scecina graduate Kyle Padgett has turned 1A Centerville into a power in his 6 seasons there.

Good place to start.

Just now, HHF said:

Scecina graduate Kyle Padgett has turned 1A Centerville into a power in his 6 seasons there.

Good place to start.

Dont be surprised to see Kevin OShea thro his hat in the ring

3 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

You are the definition of not knowing what you don’t know. 

Ill tell you what I do know.  The guy has bounced around to 4 or 5 jobs in the past decade and that is unusual in this business.  Especially when you throw a few state championships into the mix.  The LC situation threw up a red flag for me, so maybe this is not so surprising.

John Rodenberg was the easiest coach to work with I've ever known. I had a conversation with another assistant coach today where he stated, “John has been an absolute dream to work for!” As for bouncing around, he was at Moeller for twelve years before resigning after two difficult seasons. He admittedly struggled to implement his style of culture at Lawrence Central, but went 25-2 at Roncalli. His kids and grand kids are in Cincinnati, where he has spent his entire life. The community he will be serving is widely considered the most desirable place to live in the Midwest (median household income is north of $215k). He’s likely going to make significantly more money as well. 

So, no, Tim he’s not difficult to work with. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The TW said:

John Rodenberg was the easiest coach to work with I've ever known. I had a conversation with another assistant coach today where he stated, “John has been an absolute dream to work for!” As for bouncing around, he was at Moeller for twelve years before resigning after two difficult seasons. He admittedly struggled to implement his style of culture at Lawrence Central, but went 25-2 at Roncalli. His kids and grand kids are in Cincinnati, where he has spent his entire life. The community he will be serving is widely considered the most desirable place to live in the Midwest (median household income is north of $215k). He’s likely going to make significantly more money as well. 

Perhaps.  I didnt care for his attitude when I interviewed him.

8 hours ago, The TW said:

Anyone who knows a little bit about Coach Rodenberg's history would know this is a great move for him for all the reasons you just listed. Indian Hills is a great school to coach at, I think it will be a great fit for him and the school.

• Like 1