Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Roncalli job open

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

You just can't help yourself...

Mark Bless is the only coach in the HCC who refuses to do an interview or participate in any segments that hilite and promote his players and his program.

LOL - must be an Avon thing.

13 hours ago, HHF said:

Scecina graduate Kyle Padgett has turned 1A Centerville into a power in his 6 seasons there.

Good place to start.

Dont be surprised to see Kevin OShea thro his hat in the ring

I would definitely not be surprised to see Kevin O'Shea show interest for this job

1 minute ago, Indiana Fan said:

I would definitely not be surprised to see Kevin O'Shea show interest for this job

Its not working at North Central.  Not sure if Roncalli is willing to dig deep enough to make up the pay difference, which should be substantial.  But they did lure Rodenberg from LC and paid him, so its certainly a possibility.

5 hours ago, HHF said:

Its not working at North Central.  Not sure if Roncalli is willing to dig deep enough to make up the pay difference, which should be substantial.  But they did lure Rodenberg from LC and paid him, so its certainly a possibility.

How significant would the paycut be roughly?

3 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Low hanging fruit….

He provides more content (agree with it or not) than every other user on this board combined.

You pretend he doesn’t matter and you pay him no attention but you take a shot at him below the belt at every opportunity.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, temptation said:

He provides more content (agree with it or not) than every other user on this board combined.

You pretend he doesn’t matter and you pay him no attention but you take a shot at him below the belt at every opportunity.

I quit paying attention to him after his second retirement. Anyone advocating the contraction of HS Football programs clearly does not understand the point of a HS Football forum. I assure everyone, Roncalli will be fine. Coach Rosenberg will be fine, and the sun will most assuredly come up tomorrow. 

• Like 6
  • Disdain 1

9 hours ago, Grover said:

When I was walking through my yard today I stepped in a pile of "content". 

9 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Next up is throwing it against the wall to see if it will stick.

You are both guilty also...you just can't keep scrolling.  HHF/DT is that girl you pretend you don't like but you just can't quit her.  

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I quit paying attention to him after his second retirement. Anyone advocating the contraction of HS Football programs clearly does not understand the point of a HS Football forum. I assure everyone, Roncalli will be fine. Coach Rosenberg will be fine, and the sun will most assuredly come up tomorrow. 

I don't know what part of the state you live in my friend, but I live in the Siberia Region and the sun has yet to rise over here.  🤣

The coach and the schools are slipping me, but I immediately thought of the coach who was an assistant at an Indy area catholic school.  Earned a head coaching job (public hs) in maybe northern central indiana.  he stayed there for a year and then returned to an indy area catholic school.

7 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

Do Catholic high schools always hire Catholic coaches? Asking for a friend.

Yes, and there's a secret handshake background check to weed out the infidels.  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, temptation said:

That he does.

When you have been around as long as some of us have he has earned everyone of those shots below the belt like it or not.

11 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Next up is throwing it against the wall to see if it will stick.

Darts GIF | Gfycat

On 2/1/2022 at 1:31 AM, Staxawax said:

Perhaps he’s an avid reader of your work.

Nuff Said Mic Drop GIF - Nuff Said Mic Drop Walk Out - Discover & Share GIFs

7 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

https://openpayrolls.com/kevin-s-oshea-98699493

Shows a total compensation of $96,923 in 2020, paid by the M.S.D. Washington Township School Corporation

Since Roncalli is a private entity you would probably have to call them.

Is Roncalli allowed to determine the head coach's pay?  Is it the same for Chatard, Scecina, and Ritter?

The Evansville Diocese sets the stipend for head coaches and number of assistant coaches to be the same at Memorial and Mater Dei.    This is true in all sports, not just football.  

I think the other issue of pay with private schools is the retirement. They just do not get the same as a public school. 

I am sticking with my guess on that O'Shea is pursuing this job opportunity. It just makes too much sense. I have no resource on this, just a guess. I definitely can see this happening. It will be interesting to see how soon Roncalli makes a decision as I am sure they want to get a head coach in before Spring Break rolls around.

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

I think the other issue of pay with private schools is the retirement. They just do not get the same as a public school. 

I am sticking with my guess on that O'Shea is pursuing this job opportunity. It just makes too much sense. I have no resource on this, just a guess. I definitely can see this happening. It will be interesting to see how soon Roncalli makes a decision as I am sure they want to get a head coach in before Spring Break rolls around.

There had been conjecture when O'Shea left LCC that he was going to a bigger, public school, again, to 1) get out from under the talk that he was successful because of LCC and 2) because he needed to pick up some additional public school service for the full public school retirement package before heading back to LCC, perhaps, to finish up his career.  Don't know how much of either of those are true or just the traditional "spaghetti on the wall" talk.  If there is some truth to #2, then Roncalli would make some sense if he'd picked up the years to round out the requirements.  As for #1, I can say that O'Shea and LCC was very much a synergy situation and the right guy, the right program, at the right time.  Both needed each other, when they crossed paths, to do what they did at the time.

Part of me would like to see O'Shea return to LCC, but another part would like to see what he could do at Roncalli.  Similarly, I'm really interested in seeing where Nay and LCC end up.