Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Roncalli job open

I have known Coach Rodenberg a long time and followed his career although never worked for him.  

On 2/2/2022 at 11:26 AM, oldtimeqb said:

Is Roncalli allowed to determine the head coach's pay?  Is it the same for Chatard, Scecina, and Ritter?

The Evansville Diocese sets the stipend for head coaches and number of assistant coaches to be the same at Memorial and Mater Dei.    This is true in all sports, not just football.  

I have know Coach R along time and followed his career although I haver worked for him.   We spoke right before he left Roncalli, and he told me Roncalli and most private school always have money when they want something or someone.  I have been in and out of many private schools throughout my career and I would have to agree with Coach Rodenberg on this. So all though the stipends might be set on paper, that does not mean that is the only money to be paid for someone a school wants.

Has the interview process even started yet?

3 hours ago, bucksfan said:

I have known Coach Rodenberg a long time and followed his career although never worked for him.  

I have know Coach R along time and followed his career although I haver worked for him.   We spoke right before he left Roncalli, and he told me Roncalli and most private school always have money when they want something or someone.  I have been in and out of many private schools throughout my career and I would have to agree with Coach Rodenberg on this. So all though the stipends might be set on paper, that does not mean that is the only money to be paid for someone a school wants.

Has the interview process even started yet?

Roncalli did just have their athletic fundraiser a couple of weeks ago, they should be flush with cash. 

20 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Roncalli did just have their athletic fundraiser a couple of weeks ago, they should be flush with cash. 

Especially if there was a cash bar! 

If not, there's always the KOC fish frys in the upcoming Lenten season to expand the stipend fund. :classic_laugh:

Lord, I apologize for that there.

• Haha 2

On 1/31/2022 at 6:30 PM, HHF said:

Scecina graduate Kyle Padgett has turned 1A Centerville into a power in his 6 seasons there.

Good place to start.

Dont be surprised to see Kevin OShea thro his hat in the ring

On 1/31/2022 at 6:30 PM, HHF said:

Scecina graduate Kyle Padgett has turned 1A Centerville into a power in his 6 seasons there.

Good place to start

Centerville is a 2A school.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 1:25 AM, Lysander said:

No way. 

Sooooo many widows and orphans still out there......and souls yet to save.

My grandma would get so mad when I would tell her something similar....clutch the rosary my dear.  Reminds me of the time I was in Utah and the young lady asked the group why Brigham Young had so many living rooms/family home evenings and I was the poor non-LDS who blurted out that he had so many wives and kids to entertain.  Oops.  I respect all.  I thought that was the answer.   Lots of land and money in churches.  Lots of widows and orphans, as you've said.  I'm not as eloquent. 

On 3/3/2022 at 4:49 PM, Trojan88 said:

Roncalli is getting a solid young coach who will do great things with that program! Congrats all the way to Coach Q!

I always thought those two schools secretly loathed each other and would never lift a finger to assist the other, competitively that is.  

Heresy bumped to another level.

7 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Once again, you don’t know what you don’t know, but such is the state of journalism today. 

yep, didnt have a clue

pp is its own little secret society

Priory of Scion, Opus Dei and all that cool stuff