Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New MIC Opponents 2023

With Carmel and CG being kicked out starting 2023, remaining MIC schools will be looking for new opponents for nonconference matchups. What are the future matchups that have been confirmed or even just rumored? Or what are some matchups you would like to see?

Looks like Warren Central has plans for FW Snider and FW Carroll. Also saw that they will potentially be play Warsaw in the future. Any others so far?

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

With Carmel and CG being kicked out starting 2023, remaining MIC schools will be looking for new opponents for nonconference matchups. What are the future matchups that have been confirmed or even just rumored? Or what are some matchups you would like to see?

Looks like Warren Central has plans for FW Snider and FW Carroll. Also saw that they will potentially be play Warsaw in the future. Any others so far?

Warren looks to have picked up the defending 6A champs from Missouri and I’ve even heard rumors of the game taking place in Terre Haute potentially.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

The timing of the SAC splitting into two divisions helped make that happen. I like seeing it. 

3 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

There's another hint about Warsaw's potential future.

3 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

What is it? 

The more that Warsaw continues to beef up its football operation, the more likely it will eventually leave the NLC for The SAC.  NLC lovers say it will never happen.  Ask Center Grove and Carmel about that.  

2 hours ago, HHF said:

The more that Warsaw continues to beef up its football operation, the more likely it will eventually leave the NLC for The SAC.  NLC lovers say it will never happen.  Ask Center Grove and Carmel about that.  

Warsaw in the SAC would be a good fit. 

• Disdain 1

15 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I'm happy that Warren Central is beefing up its schedule with some mouth watering matchups

Doesn't surprise me with Mike at the helm. He likes to play good competition. Tried for years to get the schedule that BD has in place now.

55 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Doesn't surprise me with Mike at the helm. He likes to play good competition. Tried for years to get the schedule that BD has in place now.

Warren is downsizing its schedule

Replacing Center Grove and Carmel with Homestead and Snider is not an upgrade.  Nowhere near one.  

5 minutes ago, HHF said:

Replacing Center Grove and Carmel with Homestead and Snider is not an upgrade.  Nowhere near one.  

In all fairness, who's to say Warren won't continue to play either of those teams in their "non-conference" schedule as well? They'll have 4 weeks of non-conference action, and if hypothetically the Warriors 4 non-conference opponents were Center Grove, Carmel, Homestead and Snider? That would be a pretty solid non-conference line up for just about anyone in the state.

44 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

In all fairness, who's to say Warren won't continue to play either of those teams in their "non-conference" schedule as well? They'll have 4 weeks of non-conference action, and if hypothetically the Warriors 4 non-conference opponents were Center Grove, Carmel, Homestead and Snider? That would be a pretty solid non-conference line up for just about anyone in the state.

Unless Warren has issues with the departing schools.  The MIC may discourage its members from scheduling the two outcasts.  

6 minutes ago, HHF said:

Unless Warren has issues with the departing schools.  The MIC may discourage its members from scheduling the two outcasts.  

Not from what I've heard. We have some MIC games on our schedule the next few years involving Carmel and CG, and I'm being told they will likely not change.

Would like to see some games against the following Chicagoland Conferences: Chicago Catholic League, DuPage Valley, Southwest Suburban Blue, and Central Suburban South. 

They're all solid conferences; however, the avereage Chicagoland HS football fan has very inflated opinions of them. Warren took a very good Central Suburban South program (Park Ridge Maine South) to the woodshed years ago. Chatard was supposed to play Joliet Catholic until JC's season was cancelled due to Covid. Chatard also recently played Naperville Neuqua Valley from the DuPage Valley and Hamilton Southeastern played a DuPage Valley team as well recently. 

1 minute ago, Boilernation said:

Would like to see some games against the following Chicagoland Conferences: Chicago Catholic League, DuPage Valley, Southwest Suburban Blue, and Central Suburban South. 

They're all solid conferences; however, the avereage Chicagoland HS football fan has very inflated opinions of them. Warren took a very good Central Suburban South program (Park Ridge Maine South) to the woodshed years ago. Chatard was supposed to play Joliet Catholic until JC's season was cancelled due to Covid. Chatard also recently played Naperville Neuqua Valley from the DuPage Valley and Hamilton Southeastern played a DuPage Valley team as well recently. 

Never understand why people always want to see these out of state games. Play teams affiliated with the IHSAA. I get that these games happen at times for various reasons, but I would much rather see Ben Davis play teams in Indiana rather than out of state. I do not care about how good teams from chicago or cincinnati are.

• Disdain 1

13 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Never understand why people always want to see these out of state games. Play teams affiliated with the IHSAA. I get that these games happen at times for various reasons, but I would much rather see Ben Davis play teams in Indiana rather than out of state. I do not care about how good teams from chicago or cincinnati are.

1. Fun to watch 
  2. There's really only a very select amount of teams from Indiana that can keep Carmel, Center Grove, Warren, etc. from playing their JV in the second half. From the standpoint of Carmel, would they rather get a challenge from Louisville Trinity or play their JV against an Indiana team?
Edited by Boilernation

6 minutes ago, Boilernation said:
  1. Fun to watch 
  2. There's really only a very select amount of teams from Indiana that can keep Carmel, Center Grove, Warren, etc. from playing their JV in the second half. From the standpoint of Carmel, would they rather get a challenge from Louisville Trinity or play their JV against an Indiana team?

I think they'd like to win first

54 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Meh.

Ben Davis/Louisville Trinity is a much more intriguing match up than Ben Davis/Perry Meridian. 

No one is forcing you to watch them either. 

4 hours ago, HHF said:

The remaining MIC members did what they did to save face. They realize the Carmel/CG decision was based almost entirely on considerations like baseball, softball, soccer, swimming, tennis, golf, XC, etc. and not on football. But they can’t say that part out loud. 

By 2023, this will largely be forgotten. The stronger MIC football programs will want strong schedules and the options within 90 minutes of home are limited to maybe 10 programs. Carmel and CG in down years are still no worse than the middle half of that list. 

10 hours ago, HHF said:

It depends on what your definition of an upgrade is. Maybe for the casual fan at Warren Central, an upgrade is playing a good program they've never played or haven't played since 2004. Playing the same teams year in and year out gets stagnant. Just the fact that Warren decided to add Snider and Homestead speaks volumes for those two programs. 

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

It depends on what your definition of an upgrade is. Maybe for the casual fan at Warren Central, an upgrade is playing a good program they've never played or haven't played since 2004. Playing the same teams year in and year out gets stagnant. Just the fact that Warren decided to add Snider and Homestead speaks volumes for those two programs. 

I agree, but lets not call it an upgrade.  How bout an enhancement?

Wouldn't surprise me to see Ben Davis keep one or both soon-to-be former MIC schools on the schedule. Carmel, for example, is a long term opponent with a relationship that goes back many years. The Giants and the 'Hounds first played in 1958 and have played every year since 1981 in the regular season. 

Nothing will surprise me at this point, though.

Edited by BDGiant93

18 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Meh.

Ben Davis/Louisville Trinity is a much more intriguing match up than Ben Davis/Perry Meridian. 

No one is forcing you to watch them either. 

Not saying it isn't fun to see these matchups every once in a while. I just personally would like to see them play Cathedral, Fort Wayne teams, or Penn or Valpo