Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New MIC Opponents 2023

4 minutes ago, DE said:

Man

Just finishing the … for you. 👴 🍦 

Let’s just called this what it is.  

“We got hurt feelings because you looked around but deep down it still benefits us to play you in football but give us a chance to win in the other sports at least.”

3 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

I am assuming the contracts were through 2022 with  schedules already in place. I am not sure if they will compete for a MIC championship though

We will not.  But don't think we won't notice if we end up with a better MIC record than the conference champion.  😁

36 minutes ago, temptation said:

Let’s just called this what it is.  

“We got hurt feelings because you looked around but deep down it still benefits us to play you in football but give us a chance to win in the other sports at least.”

100%

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2022 at 10:44 AM, BTF said:

Fascinating that no Duneland/SAC games were scheduled. Maybe Duneland has their games scheduled a few years out?

Chesterton and Northrop are working on a deal from what I have heard....but it may have to wait for  2024. Rumor is that Northrop may play Wayne as Nonconference game in week 2 for 2023 then play the Chesterton the following year but Chesterton is trying to get out of a contract they have with a school from Illinois.

That was what Northrop's Ad said in conversation  

Edited by SAC_Insider

39 minutes ago, SAC_Insider said:

Chesterton and Northrop are working on a deal from what I have heard....but it may have to wait for  2024. Rumor is that Northrop may play Wayne as Nonconference game in week 2 for 2023 then play the Chesterton the following year but Chesterton is trying to get out of a contract they have with a school from Illinois.

I do not believe that is accurate unless Warsaw and Chesterton are moving their matchup to Week 1 for the 2023 season. The Tigers and Trojans are slated for a home/home starting this season, and the game this year (2022) is in Week 2.

*EDIT - I may have misunderstood the post. I agree this matchup would likely have to wait until 2024 because Warsaw/Chesterton have a home and home starting this season, and I believe for both years it is scheduled for Week 2.

Edited by NLCTigerFan07

So...in 2023, will any of the MIC teams play CG and Carmel?

I figured in '22, due to contracts and the relative lack of time, the MIC would still play CG and Carmel. If they continue playing CG and Carmel, what a joke even kicking them out in the first place lol. 

Edited by MICFan34
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

I figured in '22, due to contracts and the relative lack of time, the MIC would still play CG and Carmel. If they continue playing CG and Carmel, what a joke even kicking them out in the first place lol. 

Guaranteed they do, especially if they are still a 6 team league.

1 hour ago, MICFan34 said:

It sounds like there are a few who want to continue to play them and some who do not. In my opinion, MIC schools kicking them out was just asinine.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

It sounds like there are a few who want to continue to play them and some who do not. In my opinion, MIC schools kicking them out was just asinine.

I don’t think it was asinine but you can’t have your cake and eat it too.  If you truly were “offended” they looked at other conference options, you’d cut bait with them in ALL sports.

I mentioned my theory above.  The remaining six MIC schools were tired of getting beaten in all three seasons and seized this opportunity to paint themselves as victims.  

This is about competitiveness and hurt feelings.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Guaranteed they do, especially if they are still a 6 team league.

Because who's a legit upgrade, scheduling-wise, for those 6 teams? None. 

Obviously CG won't continue being a behemoth but an okay CG is still better than 99.9% of all football programs in Indiana. 

And Carmel has legit football rivalries with BD and NC. Makes no sense for those two schools to get rid of Carmel. 

12 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Obviously CG won't continue being a behemoth but an okay CG is still better than 99.9% of all football programs in Indiana. 

And Carmel has legit football rivalries with BD and NC. Makes no sense for those two schools to get rid of Carmel. 

So what did the break up accomplish other than more parity in the conference standings?

Edited by temptation

6 hours ago, SAC_Insider said:

Sounds like a good matchup if it comes to fruition. I also like the Northrop/Wayne matchup. If both schools are struggling to find an opponent, then why not. Both teams are pretty good, their record just doesn't always reflect it since they play in the SAC. I hope out of conference opponents take a serious look at both Northrop and Wayne. They'll be pleasantly surprised at how good they are. I'm not talking MIC and HCC, but any other school not named Merrillville, Valpo, or Penn, should be on the table. 

7 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

I think Carmel has taken its last bus ride to the west side.  Unless they decide to transport their kids in Armored Personnel Carriers.

Yeah, thats the ticket.

3 hours ago, HHF said:

I think Carmel has taken its last bus ride to the west side.  Unless they decide to transport their kids in Armored Personnel Carriers.

Yeah, thats the ticket.

Center Grove is the school that should be most concerned about controlling bus rides.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HHF said:

Yeah, thats the ticket.

Ben Davis can only compete with Carmel in a handful of sports honestly.  Not a shot at the Giants because many other schools face the same plight.

Both genders of basketball, track and field and football are the ones that immediately come to mind though I could be wrong.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Ben Davis can only compete with Carmel in a handful of sports honestly.  Not a shot at the Giants because many other schools face the same plight.

Both genders of basketball, track and field and football are the ones that immediately come to mind though I could be wrong.

The images of Carmel football players fleeing for their lives will be forever embedded in my memories of BD Stadium.

637689792222544700_thumbnail.png