Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Successful Programs

44 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Come on now...they were outstanding players. Nobody could even stop Thompson

I played against both of them in high school and as a CG kid growing up back then the hilljacks over there  was one of our biggest rivals.  Man those where some fun games 

9 hours ago, jakone said:

Luers is nowhere on this list. I guess they aren't a successful program. Or they play in a conference against schools with 3-5 times their enrollment. 

You're taking the list too literal. I think he just threw that list out there as a starting point. No one's forgotten about Luers and their 11 state titles. 

22 hours ago, DE said:

Interesting. Not saying you are wrong. Would you care to elaborate?  Thank you. 

How about Merrillville as a case in point? If they historically played schools of similar size, they might have 1 or 2 state titles?

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

How about Merrillville as a case in point? If they historically played schools of similar size, they might have 1 or 2 state titles?

Well..........they already have 1 soooooooooooo......

🤣, but I get what you are saying.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:12 PM, BTF said:

You're taking the list too literal. I think he just threw that list out there as a starting point. No one's forgotten about Luers and their 11 state titles. 

You are absolutely correct. It was a starting point. Blue rings identify the top of the house, no doubt, but it’s only part of the story. The list from JH’s site is pure wins versus losses. It is important to put value to those programs who win a lot of games from year to year. Also, another stat that should compliment the full data set is what was the enrollment trend for those “successful” schools during the same time period. Maybe the most successful programs are the ones who were challenged with declining enrollment while still winning games and championships?

27 minutes ago, Devilpride95 said:

Maybe the most successful programs are the ones who were challenged with declining enrollment while still winning games and championships?

Not sure how there can be a better barometer for success than that.