Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 5 picks

47 minutes ago, temptation said:

Carroll/Dwenger and Snider/Homestead should be fun!

That being said, what is the consensus on Snider this week?  Will the week off help or will they be rusty?

Snider historically does well when they have more time to prepare. I think Snider stacks up well with any team in the state with an average passing attack. Homestead isn't average, they never are. Some nickname them Quarterback University since they always reload in that position. Homestead's pass game against Snider's pass defense propels Homestead to a 42-28 victory.  

23 hours ago, southend said:

Upset special of the week,Agree, Saints. 

Yep, Homestead made Saints look like a average team last week, they are better than that. I didn't watch the game, so not sure how Sparty jumped out to such a big lead. I feel Dwenger will come out ready to play Friday. 

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yep, Homestead made Saints look like a average team last week, they are better than that. I didn't watch the game, so not sure how Sparty jumped out to such a big lead. I feel Dwenger will come out ready to play Friday. 

I watched it. They dominated Dwenger in the first half. And it didn't look like a fluke, they just looked like the better team. 

• Like 1

Carroll at Dwenger - Should be a great game, one of the best in the state this week. Hard for me to see Dwenger losing back-to-back games at home, only reason I'm picking them. Would not be surprised at all to see the Chargers win.

Concordia at Northrop - I dunno, I don't have a lot of faith in the Cadets here, but I also just think the Bruins are very inconsistent. I guess since Concordia beat South Side, and Northrop lost to the Archers, I'll use that to help make my decision.

Luers at North Side - I feel like people WANT North Side to be good, but just do not see it. A few great athletes for sure, but not a complete team whatsoever. Luers should roll.

Snider at Homestead - Hell of a schedule grind for the Spartans the last 3 weeks. Even though the Panthers have had an extra week off to prepare, I think Homestead wins rather convincingly.

South Side at Wayne - the Generals HAVE to win this game to prove they have ANY chance at turning things around under Coach Haydock.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Carroll at Dwenger - Should be a great game, one of the best in the state this week. Hard for me to see Dwenger losing back-to-back games at home, only reason I'm picking them. Would not be surprised at all to see the Chargers win.

Concordia at Northrop - I dunno, I don't have a lot of faith in the Cadets here, but I also just think the Bruins are very inconsistent. I guess since Concordia beat South Side, and Northrop lost to the Archers, I'll use that to help make my decision.

Luers at North Side - I feel like people WANT North Side to be good, but just do not see it. A few great athletes for sure, but not a complete team whatsoever. Luers should roll.

Snider at Homestead - Hell of a schedule grind for the Spartans the last 3 weeks. Even though the Panthers have had an extra week off to prepare, I think Homestead wins rather convincingly.

South Side at Wayne - the Generals HAVE to win this game to prove they have ANY chance at turning things around under Coach Haydock.

Good picks. South/Wayne could go either way............as could Dwenger/Carroll. I'm rolling with the Chargers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

What are your thoughts on Warsaw after 4 weeks? They looked strong out the gate, but average at best since that first week?