Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week #5

A lot of excitement in the air for the matchups this week.  Two of the top 1A schools battle it out at Liberty Field when Winamac travels to North Judson.  The Jays are 4-0 under Coach Lambert while Winamac rolls in at 3-0 after their game was cancelled last week.  Pioneer welcomes Hammond Central down from the region and continues to claw their way back to health and positioning in the HNAC.  LaVille and Culver look to get healthy and back on schedule.  Knox welcomes Glenn to Starke County while recovering from their loss to their rivals the Bluejays.  

Hammond Central @ Pioneer-  Pioneer continues to get healthy and win games.  I believe they get the job down this week in a close.  Pioneer by 7

LaVille @ Caston-  Caston has taken their bumps in the conference to start the season.  LaVille seems to be fighting to get back on the field.  My gut says Caston by 1.

Triton @ Culver-  This is a good test for both teams.  Culver needs to get things rolling.  Triton wants to get back in the win column.  Triton by 7.

Glenn @ Knox-  Knox has been up and down all season.  They played the Jays tough last week, but they always play them tough.  How will Russ Radtke get this team to respond this week?  Glenn by 10.

Winamac @ North Judson-  A top game in the state comes to North Judson and Liberty Field.  Winamac is averaging 36 ppg on offense.  Judson defense has been stingy only giving up 9.5 ppg.  John Harrell has Winamac by two td's.  I'm taking the Bluejays in a tough game by 10.  

20 hours ago, Duke of Denham said:

A lot of excitement in the air for the matchups this week.  Two of the top 1A schools battle it out at Liberty Field when Winamac travels to North Judson.  The Jays are 4-0 under Coach Lambert while Winamac rolls in at 3-0 after their game was cancelled last week.  Pioneer welcomes Hammond Central down from the region and continues to claw their way back to health and positioning in the HNAC.  LaVille and Culver look to get healthy and back on schedule.  Knox welcomes Glenn to Starke County while recovering from their loss to their rivals the Bluejays.  

Hammond Central @ Pioneer-  Pioneer continues to get healthy and win games.  I believe they get the job down this week in a close.  Pioneer by 7

LaVille @ Caston-  Caston has taken their bumps in the conference to start the season.  LaVille seems to be fighting to get back on the field.  My gut says Caston by 1.

Triton @ Culver-  This is a good test for both teams.  Culver needs to get things rolling.  Triton wants to get back in the win column.  Triton by 7.

Glenn @ Knox-  Knox has been up and down all season.  They played the Jays tough last week, but they always play them tough.  How will Russ Radtke get this team to respond this week?  Glenn by 10.

Winamac @ North Judson-  A top game in the state comes to North Judson and Liberty Field.  Winamac is averaging 36 ppg on offense.  Judson defense has been stingy only giving up 9.5 ppg.  John Harrell has Winamac by two td's.  I'm taking the Bluejays in a tough game by 10.  

Hammond Central @ Pioneer-  This one will come down to toughness and overall depth. If the Panthers dont get worn down by sheer 5A numbers I like their chances.

LaVille @ Caston-  Your gut be wrong because Caston be bad... Laville by whatever their offense can muster because Caston wont score on them...

Triton @ Culver-  Dont know much about either team yet but I'll take the Trojans.

Glenn @ Knox- I like Knox by a couple of scores.

Winamac @ North Judson-  I'll take the Warriors off the bye week.

Sidebar: Why didn't Winamac go pick up a team last week with LaVille out? I figured with their best team in recent years they would want to test themselves against some tougher competition prior to the tournament.

• Like 2

Hammond Central vs Pioneer  --- Pioneer has nothing to be concerned with.  This is not a quality 5A with lots of depth.  Split games with a couple of bad South Bend schools and got throttled by some schools of their size.  There will be a runnng clock in second half for sure.  Pioneer is getting kids back and rounding into form.

Laville @ Caston ---- As long as Laville doesn't have contact tracing issues again, they win by 2 or 3 touchdowns.

Triton @ Culver --- Triton has a good running attack with those Schuh brothers.  If they had any sort of passing attck they could really cause some issues for teams.  They have some young players that give them a little depth.  Can Culver grind out a few drives and execute after some time off?  They could make it interesting since Triton's defense is not stellar.  I think the Trojans win by at least 10.

Glenn @ Knox  --- These two teams are hard to figure out.  Play well a week or two, then not so well the next.  I wasn't suprissed Jimtown beat Glenn last week, but to shut them down and not allow a score was hard to believe.  Does Glenn have injuries?  Still missing lineman as someone said they were short-handed against St. Joe.  Is the coach on the hot seat over in Walkerton?  Where does the team and Knox community stand on their coaching situation?  I say flip a coin and you might end up right with the outcome.  I really have no idea what is going to happen.  Go with Knox by 3 since at home???????

Winamac @ North Judson  --- I believe Winamac has a good team.  I worry though after a week off when they did not go out and find a game added to the fact they play at Judson could decide ths in the BlueJays favor.  North Judson is coming off an emotional week playing their rival.  Sure the Blue jays can muster enough fire to play another rival at home.  Going with North Judson in a hard fought close affair by 6 points

Edited by LionKing

2 hours ago, AG said:

I really liked the QB change for Pioneer. Basic exchange issues seemed to be taken care of. Pioneer will win their sectional if they can stay healthy.

I have thought all along that a full Pioneer squad could easily be 3-1 or 4-0. The backups played extremely well in the first 2 games until wearing down. Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Pioneer BIG - they are gonna roll here out and through sectionals

LaVille slips by if OC gets something going finally

Triton - can score fast and thats what you need against Culvers ground n pound clock eating offense

Knox - not sure what Glenn team will show up

Winamac -  Better coached and will want it more

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 11:55 AM, FarmerFran said:

Hammond Central @ Pioneer-  This one will come down to toughness and overall depth. If the Panthers dont get worn down by sheer 5A numbers I like their chances.

LaVille @ Caston-  Your gut be wrong because Caston be bad... Laville by whatever their offense can muster because Caston wont score on them...

Triton @ Culver-  Dont know much about either team yet but I'll take the Trojans.

Glenn @ Knox- I like Knox by a couple of scores.

Winamac @ North Judson-  I'll take the Warriors off the bye week.

Sidebar: Why didn't Winamac go pick up a team last week with LaVille out? I figured with their best team in recent years they would want to test themselves against some tougher competition prior to the tournament.

28-7 Glenn.