Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Leo @ East Noble

Alright, the week both teams have had circled on their calendars all year is here!  

Big NE 8 matchup against two top 10 4A teams with the winner most definitely being the conference champ.  

Leo is probably out for blood with the way their last 2 seasons have ended in sectionals.      Looking forward to the Barstool trash talk lol.  However this game ends it will probably be close.  Also probably just a precursor to a matchup in sectionals as well.  

Who ya got?

13 minutes ago, Knightsfan_01 said:

Alright, the week both teams have had circled on their calendars all year is here!  

Big NE 8 matchup against two top 10 4A teams with the winner most definitely being the conference champ.  

Leo is probably out for blood with the way their last 2 seasons have ended in sectionals.      Looking forward to the Barstool trash talk lol.  However this game ends it will probably be close.  Also probably just a precursor to a matchup in sectionals as well.  

Who ya got?

Coach Sauder dominating the match, but in the end...Coach Amstutz pulls a folding chair from ringside and gets in a shot.  

Ends with a DQ.  And they sign a rematch contract for a later date.  

• Haha 4

Being a spectator, retired from the sidelines, I have seen both teams play. I give Leo the edge in this one. Their o line is just dominant. They are big, strong, and move well. They are also very physical. They are looking to punish anyone in their way. I also know from experience that few coaches prepare their team for a game better than Coach Amstutz and his staff. They do a great job of putting defenses in a bind with formations and motions, knowing where you have to set your strength on defense. Looking forward to seeing a great game.

• Like 1

Should be a great game on Friday in Kendallville. 

Both teams have established dominate run games, but both teams are about to have their biggest tests so far this season. Leo's line is dominate and with Livingston and Allen  playing on both sides of the ball we will see what EN's line is made of. EN will also need to watch for the trick plays, seems like every year Leo is able to catch them sleeping with some sort of trick play.

First team to get to 28 wins this one. I'll take Leo 28-14.

I think it’s going to come down to defensive play from both teams.  Both offenses are going to put points on the board.  I think it comes down to some crucial 3rd/4th down stops and maybe some takeaways for both teams.  I think one of the defenses will win this game for their team.

Leo will run the ball with effectiveness as they always do.  EN lost both middle line backers from last year, which so far hasn’t been an issue, but facing the Leo ground attack will be a huge challenge for them.  I think that could be a point of worry for EN.  I could see Leo going up early then EN having to play catch-up.

I know Leo’s run D is stout but I think EN will still be able to move the ball on the ground.  So how is the Leo secondary?  I know they have Crawford but can they cover 4/5 legit receiving threats at once?  EN has a lot of weapons and the offense is wide open compared to their last meeting.  

8 minutes ago, Knightsfan_01 said:

I know Leo’s run D is stout but I think EN will still be able to move the ball on the ground.  So how is the Leo secondary?  I know they have Crawford but can they cover 4/5 legit receiving threats at once?  EN has a lot of weapons and the offense is wide open compared to their last meeting.  

Leo's secondary is pretty good. Crawford matches up well with Zolman and will limit the fade balls EN likes to throw. If it comes down to the passing attack how comfortable are they going to be with the sophomore QB? Leo will get pressure on him during obvious passing situations.

22 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Leo's secondary is pretty good. Crawford matches up well with Zolman and will limit the fade balls EN likes to throw. If it comes down to the passing attack how comfortable are they going to be with the sophomore QB? Leo will get pressure on him during obvious passing situations.

Extremely comfortable I would say.  

I know DJ and and their pass rush is legit but I would assume game plan and play calling could alleviate a lot of pressure on him.  But I’ve also seen him stand in the pocket and deliver some very well thrown balls with pressure in his face/getting hit.  He’s a tough runner when he pulls it down as well.

Leo (4-0) at East Noble (3-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, East Noble.
COACHES: Jared Sauder, 132-41 in 16th year at Leo. Luke Amstutz, 82-25 in 10th year at East Noble, 108-40 in 14th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Leo, 82.65, 27th overall, 4th in 4A. East Noble, 72.37, 51st overall, 10th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Leo defeated New Haven, 53-14. East Noble defeated DeKalb, 45-7.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Leo 7-9. East Noble 1-11.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: East Noble, 6-3
LAST MEETING: East Noble, 10-0, Nov. 6, 2020, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Leo, 38-31.