Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

No disrespect to BNL. But I like Tristan Robertson vs BNLs defense more than I like Brye Lewis vs FCs defense. Our weakness is against POWER RUNNING teams. Silver Creek and East were able to move the line of scrimmage. Finesse teams like Davies County and Jeffersonville had trouble. BNL is a finesse team. I like this matchup for Floyd. It could go either way though.

Edited by Fkfootball

14 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

No disrespect to BNL. But I like Tristan Robertson vs BNLs defense more than I like Brye Lewis vs FCs defense. Our weakness is against POWER RUNNING teams. Silver Creek and East were able to move the line of scrimmage. Finesse teams like Davies County and Jeffersonville had trouble. BNL is a finesse team. I like this matchup for Floyd. It could go either way though.

Ha, they don't run double tight wishbone or power I,  but at the same time,  I wouldn't consider them finesse. And Brye isn't the starting QB.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LawrenceGreene said:

Ha, they don't run double tight wishbone or power I,  but at the same time,  I wouldn't consider them finesse. And Brye isn't the starting QB.  

It’s a competitive Conference. Besides JC, all these teams are close. We might beat BNL and New Albany or just as well lose to both. It’s been that kind of year in the HHC.

Week 7 Predictions 

BNL (3-3, 3-1 HHC) at Floyd Central (1-5, 1-1 HHC): The Highlanders have a great, young QB with a lot of potential but I’m just not sold on them right now. Their one win was a narrow victory over Jeff while BNL has looked more impressive in their wins, especially against Jeff. I think it’s close but I’m taking the Stars.

Columbus East (2-4) at Indianapolis Bishop Chatard (2-4): Crazy to think the only other time these two played each other was in the 1979 3A regional championship (then the state semifinal as there was no semi-state round). The Olympians would pull off a seven-point road win en route to its first ever state title. In what would normally be a great game and one of the higher profile match-ups of the season, this one is anything but. The Trojans win easily.

Jeffersonville (2-3, 1-2 HHC) at New Albany (3-3, 3-0 HHC): It’s the rivalry between Louisville’s biggest Indiana suburbs. The Red Devils lead the series 41-35-2 but I don’t think this game will be as close. The Bulldogs break 40 and win easily.

Seymour (1-4, 1-2 HHC) at Jennings County (1-5, 0-3 HHC): Speaking of rivalry games, we’ve got the annual battle of U.S. 50 this week as well. However, this one is not as close as the Owls hold a 45-10 edge. The Panthers are looking for their first win in the series in six years but it just isn’t going to happen. Seymour wins by a lot.

13 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 7 Predictions 

BNL (3-3, 3-1 HHC) at Floyd Central (1-5, 1-1 HHC): The Highlanders have a great, young QB with a lot of potential but I’m just not sold on them right now. Their one win was a narrow victory over Jeff while BNL has looked more impressive in their wins, especially against Jeff. I think it’s close but I’m taking the Stars.

Columbus East (2-4) at Indianapolis Bishop Chatard (2-4): Crazy to think the only other time these two played each other was in the 1979 3A regional championship (then the state semifinal as there was no semi-state round). The Olympians would pull off a seven-point road win en route to its first ever state title. In what would normally be a great game and one of the higher profile match-ups of the season, this one is anything but. The Trojans win easily.

Jeffersonville (2-3, 1-2 HHC) at New Albany (3-3, 3-0 HHC): It’s the rivalry between Louisville’s biggest Indiana suburbs. The Red Devils lead the series 41-35-2 but I don’t think this game will be as close. The Bulldogs break 40 and win easily.

Seymour (1-4, 1-2 HHC) at Jennings County (1-5, 0-3 HHC): Speaking of rivalry games, we’ve got the annual battle of U.S. 50 this week as well. However, this one is not as close as the Owls hold a 45-10 edge. The Panthers are looking for their first win in the series in six years but it just isn’t going to happen. Seymour wins by a lot.

Floyd Centrals one win was over Jeffersonville because their schedule is brutal. I wish they could’ve played BNLs schedule up to this point. Seymour? Jennings County? C’mon.

I should've known that I would just agree with Frozen at this point and it was fruitless to wait on him to post predictions....

Bedford NL at Floyd Central 

Columbus East at Bishop Chatard

Jeffersonville at New Albany

Seymour at Jennings County

I don't really think FC will beat BNL (though it should be close), but I've got to guess something realistic to make up for lost ground, just like mamasa did!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Centrals one win was over Jeffersonville because their schedule is brutal. I wish they could’ve played BNLs schedule up to this point. Seymour? Jennings County? C’mon.

But they also lost to Columbus East and Silver Creek. I didn’t think Silver Creek was a bad loss until Jeff beat them. And did you see what BNL did to Jeff?

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

But they also lost to Columbus East and Silver Creek. I didn’t think Silver Creek was a bad loss until Jeff beat them. And did you see what BNL did to Jeff?

Silver Creek is a good team. East is still the best team in this conference. Idc what BNL did to Jeffersonville. I’ve re-watched their games vs Seymour and JC on YouTube. BNL plays very little defense. Their offense is their best unit but they only scored 16 pts vs a bad New Albany defense. They could win this game tonight, but I’ll be very disappointed if they do.

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Silver Creek is a good team. East is still the best team in this conference. Idc what BNL did to Jeffersonville. I’ve re-watched their games vs Seymour and JC on YouTube. BNL plays very little defense. Their offense is their best unit but they only scored 16 pts vs a bad New Albany defense. They could win this game tonight, but I’ll be very disappointed if they do.

East lost 2 games where they blew 10 point leads and had the ball in the 2nd half… Should be 4-2 (still not a good East team) but Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda… they are 2-4 lol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

So you’re going to cherry pick the games that fit your narrative? Okay then, according to the SC game, FC has no offense and no defense.

1 hour ago, LawrenceGreene said:

So you’re going to cherry pick the games that fit your narrative? Okay then, according to the SC game, FC has no offense and no defense.

Don’t worry man. Floyd Central is missing 17 players tonight. So I’m sure you’ll get your coveted win, that you guys haven’t had in several years.

10 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

That’s another thing. Not only has everyone crapped on FC all season after playing the hardest schedule in the conference, they’ve also had more injuries than anyone in the conference. I can’t wait till next season. 

Are you including yourself as everyone? You were crapping all over them early on saying how bad they were and how dumb the coaches were for scheduling those games.

Ten yard TD pass by Chatard. They lead 7-0 with 8:17 left in the first.

27 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

That’s another thing. Not only has everyone crapped on FC all season after playing the hardest schedule in the conference, they’ve also had more injuries than anyone in the conference. I can’t wait till next season. 

I can’t wait for next season either, East returns just about everyone. 

As for injuries, does Floyd just have the worst luck in Indiana or does the football conditioning program just suck? Every year it seems the injury bug bites Floyd. 

Edited by Olympian06

On 9/24/2021 at 11:27 PM, Impartial_Observer said:

East moved the ball but throws an interception In the endzone and then gives up a 60 yard plus long touchdown on a broken coverage.  14-0