Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A postseason talk

10 minutes ago, southend said:

Northview won’t stand a chance next week. Who are we all kidding?

First 3Q vs Reitz Northview = no chance

4Q Northview or team that played against Jasper = W

Disclaimer:  Did not see a second of Reitz game, comments based off of score   Watched Jasper game 2X

Shout out to @MICFan34talk about hitting the nail on the head. He was so accurate I started to worry he might know my fortune!

Rain definitely doesn't lend itself to teams that rely a lot on the pass. Mooresville struggled early in the pass game. They missed a huge opportunity in 3rd qtr down 17-10 and looked to force EC to a 3 and out. Unfortunately a horse collar tackle  on a QB sack for a loss which would have made 4th and long ends up giving a first down. EC never looked back.

EC was quick and physical. I honestly was surprised after they saw success running the double wing part of their offense they didn't stick with it the rest of the game. With the rain and they were gaining big chunks. EC was 100% the better running team. Mooresville has a terrific Offense and QB which really showed in the 3rd 4th qtr how quick they can move and score. They really struggled stopping the run (most of the game) and getting going offensively (in the first half). Great game by EC, they should beat Martinsville rather easily.

As for Regional it will be interesting to see who EC plays, Memorial or Northview. Won't be an easy game for the Tigers traveling to Brazil to play a very solid Knights. Both teams will have to play their best (I love these types of games).

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Shout out to @MICFan34talk about hitting the nail on the head. He was so accurate I started to worry he might know my fortune!

Rain definitely doesn't lend itself to teams that rely a lot on the pass. Mooresville struggled early in the pass game. They missed a huge opportunity in 3rd qtr down 17-10 and looked to force EC to a 3 and out. Unfortunately a horse collar tackle  on a QB sack for a loss which would have made 4th and long ends up giving a first down. EC never looked back.

EC was quick and physical. I honestly was surprised after they saw success running the double wing part of their offense they didn't stick with it the rest of the game. With the rain and they were gaining big chunks. EC was 100% the better running team. Mooresville has a terrific Offense and QB which really showed in the 3rd 4th qtr how quick they can move and score. They really struggled stopping the run (most of the game) and getting going offensively (in the first half). Great game by EC, they should beat Martinsville rather easily.

As for Regional it will be interesting to see who EC plays, Memorial or Northview. Won't be an easy game for the Tigers traveling to Brazil to play a very solid Knights. Both teams will have to play their best (I love these types of games).

Gotta be honest.  East Central looked like a force of nature last night. I was SHOCKED at their dominance even though I had picked them to win.  About every bad break hit them at the outset yet they just kept doing what they do.

There was a kickoff return for a TD that went viral from last week nationally for EC.  More than a few plays last night fairly well reflected that same play as regards dominant blocking and line player….total domination.

The 4A Champ is coming out of the South..sorry guys, no disrespect.  I think it’s already happened 17 of the last 20 years (could be wrong).  

Unless an absolutely young, undersized, underdog Chatard team or a rising East Central team  can pull off the massive upset, Roncalli will roll past Mt. Vernon and cruise versus the proverbial lamb to slaughter from the North at Lucas Oil.  

Roncalli is one of the best 10 teams in the State and second only to Westfield in the North - All Classes.

Edited by Lysander

17 hours ago, fenderbender said:

Roncalli really pushed MV around last year and I don’t think he line situation has changed much.   Roncalli might actually be better on the line this year and is offensively more diverse. 

MV would need their QB to play better.  Last year he missed several open receivers when he could have brought MV back into the game.  

HHC is still down since New Pal is down.

Oh absolutely. You're spot-on there. There's a reason why Noblesville put up 500+ rushing yards against them

MV QB has been slinging it with the best of the them this year, albeit against a pretty down HHC. 

I just think Roncalli's main deficiency is in their pass defense and Chatard & MV are going to exploit it these next two weeks. 

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Haha! Just a lucky prediction. Like @Lysanderalways says, EC goes underappreciated through the vast majority of the state. Only Roncalli, Chatard, and SE Indiana know how elite EC is year in and year out. 

There are going to be some juicy match-ups next week and in the regional, starting with Chatard/Roncalli & Memorial/Northview. 

I'm incredibly bullish on Roncalli & their coaching staff, but man, it's hard to beat a really solid Chatard team twice in the same year. You know Doyle has had to have Roncalli-specific periods built into practice these last 4 weeks, due to the nature of Chatard's opponents to end the season. It'll be a dog-fight & I wouldn't be shocked whatsoever to see Chatard pull off the W. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tango said:

Apparently yourself. Northview is a clear favorite. Lots of athletes. At home. Memorial has 2+ hr trip. 

Tango (and TigerFan20 it appears), seems I’ve heard this before……to my eternal regret.

Should we just change your avatar to this and be done with it?

image.thumb.jpeg.2d1ff9ab9b04eb26196e16c7cd2feed9.jpeg

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Tango (and TigerFan20 it appears), seems I’ve heard this before……to my eternal regret.

Should we just change your avatar to this and be done with it?

image.thumb.jpeg.2d1ff9ab9b04eb26196e16c7cd2feed9.jpeg

Ha, I’ll make it my background picture 

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 1

JH lines

http://scoreboard.homestead.com/football/capsFri.htm#loaded

North

Hobart (-3) at Lowell

SB St Joe at New Prairie (-18) 

Leo (-7) at Northridge

FW Wayne at Mississenewa (-7) 

South