Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

(the) Big 12 Sux!

Yuccaguy

Unless you could care less about defense....  The Big 12 is terrible! 

I tuned into the TCU/Texas game, and NOBODY can stop anyone at all!  It looks like a pee-wee league game with a couple of big dudes dominating all the time....and the other guys just running around.

Texas will be the middling team in the SEC when they get there....nothing at all that tells me they will be a factor at all in that conference for the foreseeable future.  

• Like 1

I’ve never been a fan of the XII.  I liked the Big 8, and maybe they should have merged with the Big Ten instead.  But that ship has obviously sailed, so the proverbial “what if’s” have no merit.   As for the old SWC, meh.  You had UT, A & M, and TCU produce good seasons every now and then, but no long-term stability.  Hopefully the new additions coupled with UT and Oklahoma bolting will result in a better league.

• Like 1

Just curious who wanted OU to be ranked this high? getting whipped by Texas, giving up 38 points in just one half is not good. So much at stake for them too; and even Rattler as a Heismann candidate. Getting pulled from the game won't help that, or even his draft rating. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

I had thought that too.....until seeing the Bama A&M game last night. 

The only thing that I give A&M and Bama props for, is the degree of depth that the SEC has (mostly) top to bottom in their defensive team play.  

Kentucky, Vandy, Missouri, South Carolina, Ole Miss, MS State and Tennessee are all Big XII teams in disguise at this point.  The rest of the conference is no joke.  

I honestly can't say any Big XII team would be of concern to the BIG guys in the Big10 or SEC. But the Big10 has been a disappointment so far this year outside of Penn State and Iowa.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Not lately.  My comment was from a few weeks ago.  Now Iowa and Penn State have become the "disappointment"...  

Probably would have made more sense if I looked at the date 😄