Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DTs Dandy Dozen - Hopes and Expectations for the Future

12 hours ago, HHF said:

I lead, you follow.  Its always been that way, and its the way it always will be.

Some of us are born to lead and clear the path.  We are very few in number, but with great resolve we forge ahead , breaking thru barriers and fighting off detractors.

I much prefer to lead than follow.  

The majority of the members here either lack original thought, or are incapable of translating those thoughts via the written word.  

Its been my pleasure to provide that service for them.

47CA573F-1B9F-4BCD-A93C-6DF5441A6A35.thumb.png.91a5da60073dfeaa2e8e143db7608d54.png

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Eye iz KnOT CaPEUhBull Of ReEdiNG ThIz. Can SuMOne TrANZLaYTe?

There was a guy that used to write this way on RSN many years ago... drove most of the posters nuts. It was kind of fun to try and read some of the posts. I took a real skill to follow the posts.

12 minutes ago, DE said:

The after photo of Robinette taking a hit off his "free" cr*ck pipe.

13 hours ago, gonzoron said:

!!!!bighead.jpg

I don't see what any of this has to do with high school football. I guess the guy must live rent free in your head if you can't avoid commenting or sending ridicule his way on a high school football board. There are plenty of places on the internet for political commentary, parody, general scorn and ridicule, but this part of the forum shouldn't be it. Just my $0.02...and for the record, I'd say that about the last guy, too.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

1 minute ago, BDGiant93 said:

I don't see what any of this has to do with high school football. I guess the guy must live rent free in your head if you can't avoid commenting or sending ridicule his way on a high school football board. There are plenty of places on the internet for political commentary, parody, general scorn and ridicule, but this part of the forum shouldn't be it. Just my $0.02...and for the record, I'd say that about the last guy, too.

Neither do I.  Had to have a little fun after he posted a picture of Robinette.  I am done.

2 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Dude.  Relax.  It was a joke.  Don't like it, don't read it.  Don't care.  He posted the picture for no reason and now that I make a joke about it you get your thong in a twist.  Save it.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

The picture is political? I have no idea who it is. Just a funny picture, no more, no less.

27 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Coming from the guy trying to be the board comedian and taking the time to add yet another comment about a poster that doesn't matter...

Pot, meet kettle.

45 minutes ago, temptation said:

Coming from the guy trying to be the board comedian and taking the time to add yet another comment about a poster that doesn't matter...

Pot, meet kettle.

If I were a comedian, I'd have to be funny. I'm not funny. 

The post to which you are referring related back directly to something the original poster said. I've noticed a trend here recently where political posts are becoming more prevalent. I added my 2 cents on that. You apparently disagree. I'll keep in mind in the future that what I post must first matter to @temptation. I'm sorry for offending you.

2 hours ago, Goose Liver said:

There was a guy that used to write this way on RSN many years ago... drove most of the posters nuts. It was kind of fun to try and read some of the posts. I took a real skill to follow the posts.

I used to have a co-worker, ex-military, who WROTE EVERY SINGLE EMAIL IN ALL CAPS.  SOMETIMES EVEN COLORED THE WORDS.

Very annoying. They said they learned in that way while serving our country and wasn't going to change.

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

If I were a comedian, I'd have to be funny. I'm not funny. 

The post to which you are referring related back directly to something the original poster said. I've noticed a trend here recently where political posts are becoming more prevalent. I added my 2 cents on that. You apparently disagree. I'll keep in mind in the future that what I post must first matter to @temptation. I'm sorry for offending you.

Don't let it happen again.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, HHF said:

I thought we were going to kill this thread yesterday.  

Somebody please pull the plug!

Nah, that was 2 days ago in a different thread.

On 2/8/2022 at 9:27 PM, HHF said:

Agree completely

Somebody kill this thread.

Why kill either one?

28 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Nah, that was 2 days ago in a different thread.

Why kill either one?

I cant leave until Ive responded to all the questions.

When its gone, I can bail. 

On 2/9/2022 at 12:48 AM, HHF said:

1. I hope that eventually The GID will return to the civility of its past, when we had great fights and arguments and defended our ground, but we respected each other and each other’s position.  Tim Adams was a kind, sweet and gentle giant.  His mere presence here kept things in check, and out of respect for Tim and his commitment to The GID, we also had respect for the forum.  I am hopeful, and confident, that those days will return.

First, as to civility, its a grade school girlfriend's sleepover pillowfight these days on the GID as compared to 15-20 years ago. 

Seriously, are you simply delusional in your senior years or just hoping to pull the wool over the eyes of newbies? 

The knives were out those days.  Some wounds have never quite healed.

Second, didn't "kind, sweet and gentle giant" Tim send your sorry @ss packing? 

That's my recollection...at worst, his co-founders did so just after Tim's death.

I don't really care what you say currently.  I'm totally cool with that.  People say a lot of crap and you are amongst the best.  

But don't rewrite the past and somehow make yourself out as a hero or respecting Tim and his cofounders. 

That's Bullsh!t and you know it.

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

7 hours ago, Lysander said:

First, as to civility, its a grade school girlfriend's sleepover pillowfight these days on the GID as compared to 15-20 years ago. 

Seriously, are you simply delusional in your senior years or just hoping to pull the wool over the eyes of newbies? 

The knives were out those days.  Some wounds have never quite healed.

Second, didn't "kind, sweet and gentle giant" Tim send your sorry @ss packing? 

That's my recollection...at worst, his co-founders did so just after Tim's death.

I don't really care what you say currently.  I'm totally cool with that.  People say a lot of crap and you are amongst the best.  

But don't rewrite the past and somehow make yourself out as a hero or respecting Tim and his cofounders. 

That's Bullsh!t and you know it.

Vividly remember sometime around 2010-2011 (shortly after TA's passing), when DT tried to take over the site and make it pay for play subscription. Thought that was a total slap in the face to everything TA started and wished to continue. Was never a fan of DT's work before; multiplier, +1 bump, ad nauseum crap that still gets spewed every week here, but it completely turned me off. 

6 screen names and 9 resignations/unretirements later....well, here we are. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1