Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Pickerington Central (OH) @ Columbus East Week 3

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

This is a quality Div. 1 program from Ohio. A great measuring stick for CE.  Central lost in the state semifinal to Colerain last season. http://www.pctigerfootball.com/history.html.  I don’t know what they have coming back, but I’d bet the Olympians will have their hands full.

Thanks for the info Bob! Looking forward to seeing this matchup. I’m glad Bobby G has pulled something like this off.

On 4/16/2019 at 7:08 PM, Bobref said:

This is a quality Div. 1 program from Ohio. A great measuring stick for CE.  Central lost in the state semifinal to Colerain last season. http://www.pctigerfootball.com/history.html.  I don’t know what they have coming back, but I’d bet the Olympians will have their hands full.

I would say that's a little bit of an understatement.   As they are only 1 year removed from a state title in Ohio's largest class.  They have a very strong program that typically has multiple division 1 players. And as someone who comes from Ohio, they're the type of program tha just reloads.  But you're 100% correct.  As good as East is this is a big ask.  But I love the willingness to challenge your program.  I wish them luck.  I'm sure they'll represent themselves well, they always do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmizers3 said:

I would say that's a little bit of an understatement.   As they are only 1 year removed from a state title in Ohio's largest class.  They have a very strong program that typically has multiple division 1 players. And as someone who comes from Ohio, they're the type of program tha just reloads.  But you're 100% correct.  As good as East is this is a big ask.  But I love the willingness to challenge your program.  I wish them luck.  I'm sure they'll represent themselves well, they always do.

#10 Crenshaw was a starting QB as a sophomore on the 2017 PC Div 1 state championship team.  Next year a senior he will be one of the most highly regarded players in Ohio.  Big kid   6-2, 225   Looks like Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana and Ga Tech are the front runners for his services.  

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2020/demeatric-crenshaw-192335

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pickerington-central-tigers-(pickerington,oh)/football/roster.htm

3 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

Where are you from in Ohio?

3 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

Grew up just north of Akron (Cuyahoga Falls) then high school NE of Columbus (Mt. Vernon)

I played at Cuyahoga Falls when I was a sophomore. or jr. at St. Ed’s. Remember a real bruiser of a fullback named Doug Root. Of course, that was back when dinosaurs walked the earth. 🤣

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I played at Cuyahoga Falls when I was a sophomore. or jr. at St. Ed’s. Remember a real bruiser of a fullback named Doug Root. Of course, that was back when dinosaurs walked the earth. 🤣

Lol, well when I was in high school Pickerington was in our conference and we played there all the time, and there was only 1 high school in Pickerington speaking of dinosaurs roaming the earth. Lol

13 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

Comparable to Ben Davis? That's what the remind me of.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Comparable to Ben Davis? That's what the remind me of.

A little more like Lawrence Central and North, just with better overall talent.

Pickerington North is a pretty solid program as well.  Not at the level of Central, but closing the gap.