Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Travel rule and is this fair

4 hours ago, SenatorFan said:

So your saying if certain schools wanted to form their own organization they could travel at will, hire and pay officials more, sanction their own tournament, define classes fairly, and everyone could be happy? AND the IHSAA would just disappear?

I make a motion we form the GIDHSAA and accomplish all the above. Do I hear a second?

@Bobref is hereby nominated as Director of Officiating

@DE and @temptation are in charge of determining class divisions

@JustRules will be in charge of travel limitations or lack thereof

@Muda69 is in charge of the entire boondoggle

@WWFan is in charge of enrolling member schools

The floor is now open for additional nominations. 

Where should we hold our first convention?

😂🤷🏼‍♂️🤦

This alternative idea for another high school sports governing body in Indiana, has been attempted before. And while it did garner some support, it eventually did lose interest. It did accomplish to have loads of discussion, before coming to a screeching halt. The big supporters wanted to nominate and install the famous Bobby Plump, of the 1954 Milan High School Indiana, State Championship Basketball team, as the first commissioner.

11 minutes ago, statmurp_10 said:

This alternative idea for another high school sports governing body in Indiana, has been attempted before. And while it did garner some support, it eventually did lose interest. It did accomplish to have loads of discussion, before coming to a screeching halt. The big supporters wanted to nominate and install the famous Bobby Plump, of the 1954 Milan High School Indiana, State Championship Basketball team, as the first commissioner.

“I’ll make it.”  Oh wait. That was Jimmy Chatwood. 😂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

We start out as a football only organization and establish sane, sensible rules regarding conferences and membership.
We create a fair and equitable playoff system that values regular season performance AND includes both private and public schools.

We pay officials a reasonable rate per game that attracts both veteran and new officials. 
We listen to member schools and implement improvements that have grassroots support that put the athletes and member schools best interest first. 

We recruit the top 16 teams in each class to join us. Two of the class 6A schools are looking for a home right now.

We deliver an exciting product for the fan on the field. 
We obtain corporate sponsorship on both a local and statewide level that allows member schools to retain 100% of all gate proceeds during the regular season and playoff runs. 
We offer monetary rewards to each school as they advance through the playoffs from the corporate funds. 
We present the fans and schools the opportunity to participate in the First Harrison Bank Sectional 48 Championship @ CORYDON, the Harrahs Regional 4 Championship @ Anderson, the Toyota Southwestern SemiState Championship @ Evansville, and the Indianapolis Colts Indiana State Championship @ Lucas Oil Stadium

Once we prove we can deliver a quality football product then we can work on other sports. 

Again all suggestions welcome for this slightly tongue in cheek idea. Who knows we surely can present a better product than the current system. 🏈🏆🥇

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

Agree that travel decisions should be left up to the local school board.   But who wants to see Hoover or IMG play in our state?

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I do.

Maybe not every week, but I like the idea of out-of-state competition coming to play every once in a while. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 12:33 PM, Trojanmp52 said:

I know this and so are other sports like boys volleyball and lacrosse.  But how it fair for some to be able to travel to such things and not others

Yep, if you are a "club sport" you can go anywhere you want. I've experienced that when my girls where playing Rugby

On 2/18/2022 at 4:45 PM, SenatorFan said:

So your saying if certain schools wanted to form their own organization they could travel at will, hire and pay officials more, sanction their own tournament, define classes fairly, and everyone could be happy? AND the IHSAA would just disappear?

I make a motion we form the GIDHSAA and accomplish all the above. Do I hear a second?

@Bobref is hereby nominated as Director of Officiating

@DE and @temptation are in charge of determining class divisions

@JustRules will be in charge of travel limitations or lack thereof

@Muda69 is in charge of the entire boondoggle

@WWFan is in charge of enrolling member schools

The floor is now open for additional nominations. 

Where should we hold our first convention?

😂🤷🏼‍♂️🤦

I  never said the IHSAA would go away.  But they may have competition in the field of  managing high school sports and sponsoring post season tournaments. Is that such a bad thing?

Glad to see you are taking the managerial lead in this exciting endeavor, SenatorFan.   My role as a GID idea man has born fruit again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I  never said the IHSAA would go away.  But they may have competition in the field of  managing high school sports and sponsoring post season tournaments. Is that such a bad thing?

Glad to see you are taking the managerial lead in this exciting endeavor, SenatorFan.   My role as a GID idea man has born fruit again.

No competition is never a bad thing. Usually leads to improvement in the end product. 

• Like 1