Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Eastern Greene coach not returning next year

10 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

Wow?!?  I sure did not see this coming.   Was this in the Greene county daily world?  I didn't see anything.  Did he resign???  

Story was in the Bloomington Herald-Times.  According to the Times, he didn't resign.  it was a bit contentious when they promoted Wray to the head coach position last year and now they are moving on.  As far as the baseball coach position, they have dismissed Hutcherson and promoted the asst coach. 

I can't fathom why this would happen.  Eastern has made the slow climb to respectability as to their Football program...  I really only met Coach Wray once.. and that was in interviewing him pregame for the Linton/Eastern game last year... but I could tell he had a great relationship with the players.. and in years past was very enthusiastic.. .and seemed the logical fit to carry on the program.  Yeah.. it would be something to think about when looking at the job.  Surely those folks don't think a trip to state finals happens every year..... for most of us lol...

I keep thinking about this. I am a coach that likes to apply for jobs. I get bored in the winter. I think last year I applied for 12, including Eastern Greene. This year I applied for Jasper and Zionsville, and I wish they would stop banging down my door. Anyway, I cannot imagine who would apply for this toxic situation unless you have no experience/no other options. I literally had 2 coaches call me yeaterday to make sure I stayed from it because they know my winter habit of applying for everything. It's a shame that this renegade board has came in with a clear purpose of cleaning house and obviously the superintendent has zero intentions of supporting his people and doing what is right. I really hope this board approves a health insurance plan that covers backbone removal. 

• Haha 1