GB4

Is It Time to Cancel the Pro Bowl?

Is it Time to Cancel the Pro Bowl?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Pro Bowl be canceled?

• Yes
    • No
    • Give it a few more years

It isn't really that entertaining and the players don't really care. Is the game worth having anymore?

GB

Edited by GB4

When is the pro bowl this year?

Exactly.

I haven't watched a down of the pro-bowl in nearly a decade I bet. 

How many fans were in attendance last night? How much did they pay per ticket? How many people bought the custom jerseys, hats, or t-shirts for this year's Pro Bowl? As long as there are people buying tickets and "Pro Bowl" accessories, why would the NFL cancel it? They're making $ no matter how poor the game is

Agreed, it's amazing how much money was actually gambled in vegas on this game and prop bets. 

It's a fun exhibition game featuring some of the best players in the NFL. It's not meant to be a competitive game. I don't go out of my way to watch it, but it's still a fun game.

How many fans were in attendance last night? How much did they pay per ticket? How many people bought the custom jerseys, hats, or t-shirts for this year's Pro Bowl? As long as there are people buying tickets and "Pro Bowl" accessories, why would the NFL cancel it? They're making $ no matter how poor the game is

I bring it up because Roger Goodell in the last have mentioned it because of his disappointment in the competition level.

GB

I bring it up because Roger Goodell in the last have mentioned it because of his disappointment in the competition level.

GB

yeah I remember him speaking of that, but I think it was more just a ploy to try to raise the intensity of the game and to show the public that he does care and does want it to improve. but in the end, I think it's just another way for him to increase the profit of the league and that is his main objective.

Also, how great can the Pro Bowl be when you have guys like Andy Dalton and Matt Ryan playing QB? lol

That is another issue LOL.

GB

As far as your question goes, yes I think it is time to cancel the Pro Bowl. I tweeted last night that it was a joke to pro football, but I gotta watch it! The only reason I watch it because it's on the first Sunday that there isn't any football on for like 19 weeks lol but yes, you could tell that outside of maybe 3-4 guys, nobody wanted to play in the game last night. I would rather see them name the Pro Bowlers and then have the skills competitions that they used to have back a few years ago. Sprinting contests, QB accuracy contests, linemen bench press contests, kickers playing HORSE, catching contests, obstacle courses, etc etc would be fun to watch on live television I think if you had all these star players competing in them.

Imagine it now, a QB accuracy contest between Luck, Romo, Brees, and Stafford. A catch contest between OBJ and Megatron. JJ Watt running through an obstacle course against Clay Matthews. Pat MacAfee against any other kicker in HORSE

I used to love the skills competition. I would prefer that over the Pro Bowl any day. Especially, since like you said, there are a lot of players playing in the Pro Bowl who shouldn't be.

GB

Edited by GB4

I heard on the radio this morning that the "draft" this year for the pro bowl team had higher ratings than the "average" NBA playoff game. Have to think the Pro Bowl isn't going anywhere soon if even the draft for it draws that many viewers.

• Upvote 2

I heard on the radio this morning that the "draft" this year for the pro bowl team had higher ratings than the "average" NBA playoff game. Have to think the Pro Bowl isn't going anywhere soon if even the draft for it draws that many viewers.

The NFL, not even an incompentent fool like Goddell can derail this money-making behemoth.

I skip the Pro-Bowl but happily ingest just about every other game "the shield" can deliver.

Edited by mcgoo45

To bad the NFL can't do something like MLB did with their all-star game, the winning league's team that advances to the World Series gets home field advantage, regardless of overall record.

Edited by Muda69

To bad the NFL can't do something like MLB did with their all-star game, the winning league's team that advances to the World Series gets home field advantage, regardless of overall record.

It would be nice if you could make it of some value or meaning but I am at a loss as to how you do. Planning a Super Bowl is like planning the Olympics (well, not totally, but you get the jist). Hard to run this big an event on 53 weeks notice.

Maybe they could let the "home" team have total control of ball inflation for both sides.

i agree with you Muda. if the fans want a better game there needs to be a reward for playing hard and trying to win, but what is the solution?   these players are make so much money, i don't think a bonus would work. you can't do a home field advantage because of the super bowl being held on a neutral field, so what is there to do about this???

i like GB and FishDuck's idea of a skills competition.

I used to really enjoy the pro bowl when I was in high school, but anymore it usually falls on the same night as the Royal Rumble and I would much rather watch that. As far as bonuses go, the NFL needs to up the ante and pay the players of the winning team 500K-1 million a piece. I'm sure that they can afford it.

Edited by Andy G

Royal Rumble was crap this year too LOL

GB