Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Here's a Google map with what (I think) will be the six classes, based on Success Factor & IHSAA enrollments. Have fun trying to figure out who goes where. 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1O6J1oaoKWSgPWgPhsL7-eng1-_vqyqEr&usp=sharing

A couple of caveats - Chatard was placed in 4A, Western Boone in 3A, LCC in 2A and I put 64 teams in 4A and 63 in the other classes to leave open the possibility of Chatard, WeBo or LCC moving down. If I get some clarification from the IHSAA on how that will be handled, I'll adjust the classes accordingly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

41 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Here's a Google map with what (I think) will be the six classes, based on Success Factor & IHSAA enrollments. Have fun trying to figure out who goes where. 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1O6J1oaoKWSgPWgPhsL7-eng1-_vqyqEr&usp=sharing

A couple of caveats - Chatard was placed in 4A, Western Boone in 3A, LCC in 2A and I put 64 teams in 4A and 63 in the other classes to leave open the possibility of Chatard, WeBo or LCC moving down. If I get some clarification from the IHSAA on how that will be handled, I'll adjust the classes accordingly. 

This is pretty cool.  Thanks!

BTW, if you look at the 5A map, there's an interesting phenomena compared to the 6A map.  As might be expected, there are lots of schools in the Indy area at 6A, but if you look at 5A, look at that cluster of 5As at the top of the state.  Haven't looked at the details yet, but wondering if there are any close to tipping points to 6A. Another interesting optic is to bring up the map where you can view most of the state on the screen, select just 5A, then select 6A in addition to 5A.  That Indy area just blooms as soon as you click on that 6A.  Interesting comparison between 5A and 6A densities. 

13 minutes ago, foxbat said:

This is pretty cool.  Thanks!

BTW, if you look at the 5A map, there's an interesting phenomena compared to the 6A map.  As might be expected, there are lots of schools in the Indy area at 6A, but if you look at 5A, look at that cluster of 5As at the top of the state.  Haven't looked at the details yet, but wondering if there are any close to tipping points to 6A. Another interesting optic is to bring up the map where you can view most of the state on the screen, select just 5A, then select 6A in addition to 5A.  That Indy area just blooms as soon as you click on that 6A.  Interesting comparison between 5A and 6A densities. 

I was just thinking the same thing last night when looking at the numbers. Since the 15-16 count, Warsaw has dropped 5 spots and Northrop has dropped 9 spots while Whiteland has jumped 13 spots and Decatur Central has jumped 18 spots.

That northern part of the state in 5A will continue to grow with the additions of Warsaw and FW Northrop once Whiteland and Decatur Central pass them and go into 6A (making that class even more Indy-centric).

Even crazier in that situation - obviously there are more factors at play, but you could end up with 17 schools in Class 5A north of U.S. Highway 30! I mean, there are already 15 schools that fit that critera, but if Dwenger accumulates enough points to stay up in 5A when/if those two schools drop to 5A and no other schools from the Region (Valpo, Chesterton, Merrillville being most likely) get an enrollment boost to put them back in 6A... you would likely have to see either Warsaw get put in 5A SOUTH with the Lafayette schools and Anderson included.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Even crazier in that situation - obviously there are more factors at play, but you could end up with 17 schools in Class 5A north of U.S. Highway 30! I mean, there are already 15 schools that fit that critera, but if Dwenger accumulates enough points to stay up in 5A when/if those two schools drop to 5A and no other schools from the Region (Valpo, Chesterton, Merrillville being most likely) get an enrollment boost to put them back in 6A... you would likely have to see either Warsaw get put in 5A SOUTH with the Lafayette schools and Anderson included.

That 5A north line is going to stretch further north in a couple of years.  Based on the latest numbers, and assuming Cathedral gets bumped to 6A via SF this time around, Harrison would be the largest 5A in the state at that point.  The Harrison area is on a growth spurt that will likely have it surpass Jeff in 6A, which would leave McCutcheon as the lone 5A school in Lafayette by the 2024 season. 

When the IHSAA sends out the corrected enrollment numbers, I'll adjust the maps. 

29 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

@crimsonace1 Could you provide a list of the schools you used? I feel like I must be missing a school because I have 316 total schools.

I used the IHSAA's enrollment list (since deleted) and Harrell's site. I may need to delete Wood Memorial, which would take it back to 316. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Wont load in....

3 hours ago, Lysander said:

No.

Yes.

This is what can happen when you simply shift the biggest top-bottom enrollment imbalance from 5A to 4A.    And is yet another example of the stupidity of a primarily enrollment based classification system for high school tackle football.

• Kill me now 1

11 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

I believe Oldenburg has contracted and Rock Creek is questionable.

6 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Yes.

This is what can happen when you simply shift the biggest top-bottom enrollment imbalance from 5A to 4A.    And is yet another example of the stupidity of a primarily enrollment based classification system for high school tackle football.

Oh good Lord…..

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disdain 1

7 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Yes.

Not sure they would “dominate” 4A but would probably be the favorite to win sectional 20 if that’s where they land.  That would require a couple Fort Wayne schools to shift to a Northern sectional to make room for Kokomo and Norwell who will likely be moving up.  Am interested to see how the 4A sectionals shake out in the North.

On 3/3/2022 at 1:54 PM, crimsonace1 said:

When the IHSAA sends out the corrected enrollment numbers, I'll adjust the maps. 

I used the IHSAA's enrollment list (since deleted) and Harrell's site. I may need to delete Wood Memorial, which would take it back to 316. 

I think it’s only a matter of time before Wood Memorial gets redistributed to the other area high schools. 

I’ve done the research on this before and between Gibson Southern, Princeton, Pike Central, and Tecumseh….the average distance to wood is about 15 miles or so from HS to HS.  

throw in that it’s a very rural area and economic factors….it’s only a matter of time.  Especially with declining birth rates.