Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

If you're into the four-class sports, here's the maps for those (based on 101 schools per class) ... or at least basketball. There might be some adjustments for the other sports (volleyball and especially baseball & softball) because a handful of schools don't have teams, so the number of schools per class is slightly different. 

Remember, in those sports, teams bumped up due to SF don't bump anyone else down, thanks to Lebanon getting mad about New Pal softball being bumped down and beating them in the regional a few years ago and lobbying for a change to IHSAA bylaws. 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1mCCJ1OuHye-XrVzNuDG2oPCxB8mco9K9&usp=sharing

Thanks. Could make for some interesting sectionals draws in the south. Mater Dei and Southridge will move up from 2A to 3A. 

Between 31 and 32, that is 4 schools that have hosted in the past - Princeton, Washington, Boonville, and Southridge. 

On 3/8/2022 at 6:55 PM, crimsonace1 said:

I've updated the class maps based on the new enrollments. 

Adjustments from the original

*63 schools in 4A-A

Norwell from 4A-3A (due to 63 schools)
Rensselaer, Centerville, Pike Central from 2A>3A
Mater Dei, Luers, Bremen, Andrean from 3A>2A 
Providence, Eastern Hancock from 2A>A

Again, made the assumption that Chatard (4A) and LCC (2A) will at least begin in their Success Factored class and possibly move down if they do not get their requisite two points this year., Western Boone will be the smallest 3A on enrollment. 

If Chatard goes back to 3A next year, Norwell will move to 4A. If LCC goes back to 1A next year, Eastern Hancock will go to 2A.  

On the map you have 65 schools in 1A. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Can someone smarter than me take a shot at Southern 3A sectionals with the new enrollment numbers? Seems to be way spaced out geographically.

In Sect. 30 - you had Edgewood, Brown County, and Sullivan all move out. So need 3 teams there...

In Sect. 31- Brownstown left (seems like Salem would be an easy replacement there)

In Sect. 32- Evansville Bosse got moved out, and if Salem slides to 31, that's 2 that will need replaced. 

10 minutes ago, jets said:

Can someone smarter than me take a shot at Southern 3A sectionals with the new enrollment numbers? Seems to be way spaced out geographically.

In Sect. 30 - you had Edgewood, Brown County, and Sullivan all move out. So need 3 teams there...

In Sect. 31- Brownstown left (seems like Salem would be an easy replacement there)

In Sect. 32- Evansville Bosse got moved out, and if Salem slides to 31, that's 2 that will need replaced. 

If the state rotates one way you could see Pike C. , Washington, Princeton and Vincennes in 32.  Or you could see HH and SR go back east and 32 gets Owen Valley and West Vigo....looking like sectional 30 from last year plus GS and MV.

3 hours ago, Titan32 said:

If the state rotates one way you could see Pike C. , Washington, Princeton and Vincennes in 32.  Or you could see HH and SR go back east and 32 gets Owen Valley and West Vigo....looking like sectional 30 from last year plus GS and MV.

3 hours ago, jets said:

My take with the caveat that I love the 'old 24/new 32' footprint before they created the debacle that was 30 for the last 3 years.

Sectional 29 (WIC & Sagamore) - Danville, Tri-West, North Montgomery, WeBo, West Vigo, Monrovia, Indian Creek, Owen Valley

Sectional 30 (Indy and East) - Speedway, Purdue Poly (I think it's in Indy?), Guerin, Batesville, Rushville, Greensburg, Hamilton Heights + BYE

Sectional 31 (MSC, EIAC) - North Harrison, Scottsburg, Corydon, Salem, Lawrenceburg, South Dearborn, Franklin County, Madison 

Sectional 32 (PAC + VL) - Lincoln, Washington, Heritage Hills, Southridge, Pike Central, Gibson Southern, Mt Vernon Posey, Princeton

I think 31 and 32 should be pretty easy.  I assume a bye will factor in somewhere, because I don't anticipate a full 64 team field. 

Here's my stab at 2A...

33 - Whiting, Bishop Noll, Lake Station Edison, River Forest, Andrean, Wheeler, Laville, Bremen

34 - Delphi, Pioneer, Winamac, Rochester, Cass, Wabash, Manchester, Whitko

35 - Prairie Heights, Eastside, Churubusco, Central Noble, Luers, Bluffton, Eastbrook

36 - Eastern (Greentown), Tipton, Elwood, Frankton, Alexandria, Lapel, Winchester, Blackford

37 - Northeastern, Shenandoah, Heritage Christian, Park Tudor, Ritter, Triton-Central, Union County

38 - Benton Central, LCC, Seeger, South Vermillion, Greencastle, Cascade, North Putnam, Southmont

39 - Sullivan, Linton-Stockton, North Knox, North Posey, Mater Dei, Tell City, Perry Central, Forest Park

40 - Crawford County, Paoli, Mitchell, Brown County, Brownstown Central, Eastern Pekin, Clarksville, Switzerland County

In my opinion, 39 and 40 are pretty much set it in stone.  In 38, I pulled two "North" schools down to the south because I think driving down south for them w/ access to 65 might make easier trips than driving across the state.  I also wouldn't be surprise if IHSAA went this route...

33 - Whiting, Bishop Noll, Lake Station Edison, River Forest, Andrean, Wheeler, Laville, Bremen

34 - Prairie Heights, Eastside, Central Noble Churubusco, Luers, Machester, Whitko

35 - Bluffton, Blackford, Eastbrook, Wabash, Eastern (Greentown), Tipton, Alexandria, Elwood

36 - Rochester, Winamac, Pioneer, Cass, Delphi, LCC, Benton Central, Seeger

37 - South Vermillion, Southmont, North Putnam, Greencastle, Cascade, Ritter, Park Tudor, Heritage Christian

38 - Frankton, Lapel, Triton-Central, Shenandoah, Winchester, North Eastern, Union County

• Like 1

Here's my stab at 2A...Updated post based off most recent information - haha

33 - Whiting, Bishop Noll, Lake Station Edison, River Forest, Andrean, Wheeler, Laville, Bremen

34 - Delphi, Pioneer, Winamac, Rochester, Cass, Wabash, Manchester, Whitko

35 - Prairie Heights, Eastside, Churubusco, Central Noble, Luers, Bluffton, Eastbrook

36 - Eastern (Greentown), Tipton, Elwood, Frankton, Alexandria, Lapel, Winchester, Blackford

37 - Northeastern, Shenandoah, Heritage Christian, Park Tudor, Scecina, Ritter, Triton-Central, Union County

38 - Benton Central, LCC, Seeger, South Vermillion, Greencastle, Cascade, North Putnam, Southmont

39 - Sullivan, Linton-Stockton, North Knox, North Posey, Mater Dei, Tell City, Perry Central, Forest Park

40 - Crawford County, Paoli, Mitchell, Brown County, Brownstown Central, Eastern Pekin, Clarksville, Switzerland County

In my opinion, 39 and 40 are pretty much set it in stone.  In 38, I pulled two "North" schools down to the south because I think driving down south for them w/ access to 65 might make easier trips than driving across the state. 

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

My take with the caveat that I love the 'old 24/new 32' footprint before they created the debacle that was 30 for the last 3 years.

Sectional 29 (WIC & Sagamore) - Danville, Tri-West, North Montgomery, WeBo, West Vigo, Monrovia, Indian Creek, Owen Valley

Sectional 30 (Indy and East) - Speedway, Purdue Poly (I think it's in Indy?), Guerin, Batesville, Rushville, Greensburg, Hamilton Heights + BYE

Sectional 31 (MSC, EIAC) - North Harrison, Scottsburg, Corydon, Salem, Lawrenceburg, South Dearborn, Franklin County, Madison 

Sectional 32 (PAC + VL) - Lincoln, Washington, Heritage Hills, Southridge, Pike Central, Gibson Southern, Mt Vernon Posey, Princeton

I think 31 and 32 should be pretty easy.  I assume a bye will factor in somewhere, because I don't anticipate a full 64 team field. 

Aren't Batesville, Rushville, and Greensburg all in Sectional 31 currently? And in the EIAC?? 

3 hours ago, jets said:

Aren't Batesville, Rushville, and Greensburg all in Sectional 31 currently? And in the EIAC?? 

Yes and yes. But South Dearborn and Franklin County, also EIAC members, and Madison (former MSC) are dropping from 4A to 3A. Add in Salem and North Harrison, who I think will move east out of 32, and 31 is full. 

Batesville has played Indy Manual, Indian Creek, and Hamilton Heights in sectional games during the last 12 years. So it’s not unheard of to match them with eastern Indy area schools. 

As I am typing this, I remember 2016 Brownstown played Lawrenceburg in semistate. So MSC teams don’t have to be paired with EIAC teams in sectional but it has happened before too. 

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Anyone wanna take a stab at 5A? Since there are 4 more schools in north(none near Indy) than the south bracket 

Pretty sure I did in another thread - but here's my guess:

5A North is pretty simple.

Sectional 9: Hammon Central, Hammond Morton, Merrillville, Munster
Sectional 10: Chesterton, LaPorte, Michigan City, Valparaiso
Sectional 11: Concord, Goshen, Mishawaka, SB Adams
Sectional 12: Anderson, FW Dwenger, FW North, FW Snider

5A South could have a few options:

Sectional 13: Decatur Central, Harrison (WL), McCutcheon, Plainfield
Sectional 14: Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Terre Haute North, Terre Haute South
Sectional 15: Columbus East, Franklin, Seymour, Whiteland
Sectional 16: Castle, Evansville North, Floyd Central, New Albany

Sectional 13: Harrison (WL), McCutcheon, Terre Haute North, Terre Haute South
Sectional 14: Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Decatur Central, Plainfield
Sectional 15: Columbus East, Franklin, Seymour, Whiteland
Sectional 16: Castle, Evansville North, Floyd Central, New Albany

Sectional 13: Decatur Central, Harrison (WL), McCutcheon, Plainfield
Sectional 14: Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Franklin, Whiteland
Sectional 15: Columbus East, Floyd Central, New Albany, Seymour
Sectional 16: Castle, Evansville North, Terre Haute North, Terre Haute South

5A South is really 8 groups of 2 teams. Just gotta figure out what groups match up with whom.

Harrison (WL) and McCutcheon

Terre Haute North and Terre Haute South

Plainfield and Decatur Central

Franklin and Whiteland

Bloomington North and Bloomington South

Columbus East and Seymour

Floyd Central and New Albany

Evansville North and Castle

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2022 at 1:24 PM, oldtimeqb said:

If I'm looking at the right map, Charlestown is missing here and they would have to go in 31 I think.  That would probably push Franklin County into 30.  At least that's what I ended up with.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

It won't happen because Anderson is terrible, but in the scenario above (and what I'm pretty confident will happen) how wild would it be if Anderson was the 5A NORTH representative while Harrison (WL) was the 5A SOUTH representative.

Works for me!

Rimshot Ep GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, XStar said:

If I'm looking at the right map, Charlestown is missing here and they would have to go in 31 I think.  That would probably push Franklin County into 30.  At least that's what I ended up with.  

You are correct.  Looking at the sketch and notes I made yesterday, I see I didn't have Madison on my list as they had been 4A and also are an independent.  I added them while posting and didn't catch that I omitted Charlestown.

I agree that Franklin County will move to 30 and I could see Hamilton Heights being moved to a northern sectional in that case.  

On 3/12/2022 at 4:39 PM, irishuncle411 said:

Per the posted IHSAA document, a schools enrollment has changed again.  I believe Park Tudor (264) now has a lower enrollment than when the revised document first came out.  Will this change their classification in your eyes?  And will it bump Eastern Hancock (263) up? @crimsonace1

Good catch, and how convenient that Park Tudor revised its enrollment to have *one* fewer student than Eastern Hancock after the revision. 

That should bump EH up to 2A and Park Tudor down to 1A. 

On 3/11/2022 at 3:52 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

5A South is really 8 groups of 2 teams. Just gotta figure out what groups match up with whom.

Harrison (WL) and McCutcheon

Terre Haute North and Terre Haute South

Plainfield and Decatur Central

Franklin and Whiteland

Bloomington North and Bloomington South

Columbus East and Seymour

Floyd Central and New Albany

Evansville North and Castle

Top 4 seem pretty cut and dry, next 4 seem cut and dry, as well. The Southern most 8 are the issue, yeah? 

Aren't Plainfield (congrats T Bless), Franklin, DC, and Whiteland in the same conference?

But even those 4... anyway you cut it--- FC/NA/Sey/CE + BN/BS/Castle/EN-- this would be the most traditional route, then obviously BN/BS/CE/Sey + FC/NA/EN/Castle would be the other option-- are all pretty simple options and drives. 

I assume they will keep the HHC teams together. SEY, CE, NA, and FC. 

5 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Good catch, and how convenient that Park Tudor revised its enrollment to have *one* fewer student than Eastern Hancock after the revision. 

Alleged photo taken in the Park Tudor parking lot on count day. 😃  Lord, I apologize for that there.

Trunk Entrapment | KidsandCars.org

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Even if innocent this looks fishy.

• Like 1