Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

EIAC Enrollment Number Impacts

New "Big School" Conference:

East Central: 1,290 (+44)     Connersville: 981 (-47)     Franklin County: 756 (-8)     Lawrenceburg: 718 (+40)

New "Small School" Conference:

Greensburg: 716 (-18)     Batesville: 711 (+11)     South Dearborn: 689 (-137)     Rushville: 660 (-35)

How long before South Dearborn and Batesville decide they don't want to play East Central anymore either?

South Dearborn drop was expected but still surprising, at one point they were one of the three largest schools in the conference. Do we see this as a continuing trend?

I actually just wrote 5 paragraphs explaining why EC should bail on the EIAC and apply for entrance to the Circle City Conference and just now deleted them.

It seemed so obvious after writing it that I was embarrassed having written a case for it at all.

"Res Ipsa Loquitur"....or somesuch that they mentioned to us back in law school.

In any event, if my wonderful 9th grade hoops coach Kim Simonson...and East Central Hall of Famer...and erstwhile EC Principal was still in charge I'd make the Pitch to him myself.  

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Any day that starts with some Latin is going to be a good one.

Fot the uninitiated, res ipsa loquitur is a Latin phrase used in law. It means “the thing speaks for itself.”

Huh…what….Bob, I was just asking for another beer.  

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

I actually just wrote 5 paragraphs explaining why EC should bail on the EIAC and apply for entrance to the Circle City Conference and just now deleted them.

It seemed so obvious after writing it that I was embarrassed having written a case for it at all.

"Res Ipsa Loquitur"....or somesuch that they mentioned to us back in law school.

In any event, if my wonderful 9th grade hoops coach Kim Simonson...and East Central Hall of Famer...and erstwhile EC Principal was still in charge I'd make the Pitch to him myself.  

Circle City seems like a bit of a drive but there are a couple conferences over in Cincinnati that I think they'd be a great fit for. But if you think that has a chance of happening I also have a bridge to sell you.

33 minutes ago, Old Man High Pants said:

Circle City seems like a bit of a drive but there are a couple conferences over in Cincinnati that I think they'd be a great fit for. But if you think that has a chance of happening I also have a bridge to sell you.

Well….in my 5 paragraph, since deleted, alcohol-driven novelette I addressed those points.

In summary, EC needs more competition.  They have CLEARLY outgrown the EIAC by almost every measurable.  No Cincy conference is likely to offer (you mentioned that).  

The Circle City only has 4 football and 6(?) schools in total - so really not that much travel…plus a Helluva lot more equivalent competition for EC.

Finally, you can still play any and all the familiar local punching bags (Lawrenceburg excluded as regards being a punching bag) if you want….they still need to fill their schedules too.

But, overall it would provide the level of overall conference competition EC is sadly lacking with only a couple of 90 minute drives (on average) annually per sport. 

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobref said:

Any day that starts with some Latin is going to be a good one.

Fot the uninitiated, res ipsa loquitur is a Latin phrase used in law. It means “the thing speaks for itself.”

I remember years ago on NYPD Blue Sipowitz said: "Res Ipsa this Bit**!"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

The Circle City only has 4 football and 6(?) schools in total - so really not that much travel…plus a Helluva lot more equivalent competition for EC.

Finally, you can still play any and all the familiar local punching bags (Lawrenceburg excluded as regards being a punching bag) if you want….they still need to fill their schedules too.

EC already plays Moeller, Roncalli, and Guerin during the regular season.  If they add Chatard and Brebeuf they will get a free set of steak knives and a plenary indulgence from the Vatican. 

• Haha 3

If EC was to change conferences would the rest of their sports follow? I think that's the reason they haven't left yet. The other EIAC schools are competitive if not better than EC in other sports. I think the out of conference schedule is working well for them now. More times than not they make a deep playoff run in football. 

On 3/11/2022 at 4:18 AM, Lysander said:

image.png.4f527ffdbf0dc7aad606571d23ac856f.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 812 Observer said:

If EC was to change conferences would the rest of their sports follow? I think that's the reason they haven't left yet. The other EIAC schools are competitive if not better than EC in other sports. I think the out of conference schedule is working well for them now. More times than not they make a deep playoff run in football. 

East Central will never fully leave the conference and I don't think they should. Outside of football mostly every other sport is competitive. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 12:33 PM, oldtimeqb said:

EC already plays Moeller, Roncalli, and Guerin during the regular season.  If they add Chatard and Brebeuf they will get a free set of steak knives and a plenary indulgence from the Vatican. 

I would guess EC would fit quite well in a Catholic conference, especially with the heathens at Brebeuf. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/15/2022 at 9:56 AM, 812 Observer said:

I believe there's a conference bylaw that requires all or nothing.