The Gridiron Digest

Schools That Have Won Football & Basketball Titles in the Same School Year

2008 Heritage Christian beat Lewis Cass in the State football Championship game and that spring 2009 beat Lewis Cass in the baseball state championship game.

We don't like those Heritage Chistian guys. Lol

On 3/31/2022 at 11:18 AM, Dave007 said:

What is most crazy about Cathedral this year is that in the championship football game Tibbs had 200 receiving yards...and in the basketball championship he was the leading scorer for the Irish.

He's having a special career. Has a shot at the elusive 5 blue rings. Only Zeke Seltzer in wrestling this year has achieved that at Cathedral. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 10:53 AM, jakone said:

Didn't his father used to frequent this board?

Yes, Purple Nurple is a GID Legend!!!  

On 3/29/2022 at 10:53 AM, jakone said:

Didn't his father used to frequent this board?

Edited by Yuccaguy

On 3/28/2022 at 12:47 PM, Yuccaguy said:

And if I can remember. 

This was the year that Kevin Keirmaier saved them in the Baseball Sectional Final (with 2 outs).  And got himself a scholarship to Parkland JC.  The rest as they say.....IS HISTORY! 

I believe the rain may have helped as well against my classmates and grade older than me if remembering right.

• Thanks 1

Bit off topic but the 2000-2001 1A sports year was cool. AC beats Attica in football. Attica comes back to beat Blue River Valley in basketball. AC loses to Triton in baseball. AC & Attica with great athletes getting blue & red ribbons that year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 11:25 AM, Sledge said:

Bishop Chatard 2003 I believe

Add to this…it just came to mind, and it may be the only time this has happened, but the same person won the Mental Attitude Award in both. Mike Dury was the QB for Chatard and a Forward on the BBall team. The bball team beat Elmhurst out of Fort Wayne with James Hardy leading that team. Their head coach was an assistant principal I worked with for a few years at New Haven. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Irishman said:

Add to this…it just came to mind, and it may be the only time this has happened, but the same person won the Mental Attitude Award in both. Mike Dury was the QB for Chatard and a Forward on the BBall team. The bball team beat Elmhurst out of Fort Wayne with James Hardy leading that team. Their head coach was an assistant principal I worked with for a few years at New Haven. 

Mike was quite the athlete with a very nice baseball career at Notre Dame.  Check out his bio

https://und.com/roster/mike-dury/

• Like 2