Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Stadium on the way for Buffalo Bills

gonzoron

14 hours ago, Bobref said:

The NFL and the Bills contributing $550 million and $850 million public funds. Cue @Muda69.

Thank you Bob. 

Another stadium boondoggle where all the rosy projections of "more jobs",  "increased property values" ,  "more $ pumped into the local economy", etc.  will in reality fall far, far short of those projections.  And the public will be on the hook for hundreds of millions of dollars.  Again.  

Shameful.

Another story on this big waste:  https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-reach-deal-for-new-stadium-with-a-record-amount-of-taxpayer-money-funding-it-164653173.html

The Bills will have the most public money set toward the construction of a new stadium. According to the Buffalo News, the Bills will get a new $1.4 billion stadium.

The stadium itself is the first big part of the story. The second one is that the state of New York and Erie County is contributing $850 million to the construction costs. The most an NFL team has been given in public tax money for a new stadium was the Las Vegas Raiders, who got $750 million in tax money to help build Allegiant Stadium, a big factor in the Raiders moving from Oakland.

The Bills aren't going anywhere for a long time. A new stadium ensures that.

The agreement has a 30-year lease that Gov. Kathy Hochul told the Buffalo News was “ironclad.” Erie County legislators could take up to 30 days to approve the deal, the Buffalo News said.

The staggering amount of public money going to the project “is far less than anyone had anticipated,” Hochul told the Buffalo News. The Buffalo News said there had been speculation taxpayers might need to give $1 billion to the project. The state of New York will give $600 million and Erie County will give $250 million to the project for Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula. The NFL is also giving the Pegulas a $200 million loan. The Buffalo News said the Pegulas will put $350 million toward the stadium, but a portion of that will come from 50,000 personal seat licenses to all season-ticket holders that will cost $1,000 each.

Fox Business speculated in 2020 that the Pegulas' net worth was $5.1 billion.

Keeping sucking on that sweet, sweet public teat Mr. and Mrs. Pegula.  You know you won't be the ones on the hook for more $ when there are the inevitable construction cost overruns and maintenance emergencies costing even more $ once the facility is completed.  After all why would expect you to actually spend approx. $1.5 billon of your own fortune?

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2022 at 10:30 AM, btownqbcoach1 said:

Love the stadium. 

1. What took so long?

2. Why is it not a dome? lol 

Bills are my 2nd favorite AFC team. 

I was a little surprised they kept it in Orchard Park....I kept hearing downtown.  The area close to where the Sabres play by the Lake Erie waterfront is nice.

Good for them...glad this will keep the Bills at home and not in Toronto or some other city that would have absolutely paid for the team.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I was a little surprised they kept it in Orchard Park....I kept hearing downtown.  The area close to where the Sabres play by the Lake Erie waterfront is nice.

Good for them...glad this will keep the Bills at home and not in Toronto or some other city that would have absolutely paid for the team.

I did read that each luxury box comes with 10 break away tables....

• Haha 1