Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Doyel: The transfer portal is fair, just — and completely out of control

Muda69

44 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I understand the thread.  Academies loose athletes every year through the portal.

You challenged my comments on admissions....just shared my experiences that you still wished to debate.  

I never disagreed your theory about the additional Covid year.  Not saying I agree or disagree.  Only time will tell I guess.

Bash. I know you are trying to rationalize with this dude but when you try to do that irrational people who move  🥅 to fit their narrative, it is time to move on. 

17 hours ago, scarab527 said:

That’s the “clipboard Warrior” to you @gonzoron

Yet you two are the ones hiding who you are. Only b**ches do that. ✌️ 

6 hours ago, gonzoron said:

There is a simple answer for that. They weren't athletes. 

See…we are aligned that some athletes at a number of colleges have different admittance standards than the general student. 

Took some time…glad we got there. 

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Nice ride Gonzo…too bad they don’t have a charging station for you. 😉

Not sure how they do things down there at  Carr-mel South, but we pedal our bicycles, no charger needed.

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

You gotta get with the times man, E-Bikes are all the rage in the cycling world. 

After looking at the picture again, maybe @Bash Riprock was talking about the car. That car has been sitting there a couple of years. It belonged to the last out-of-towner who entered the bar. He was never heard from again. The regulars all insist he "entered the transfer portal". Yeah, that's the ticket.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Haha 2

Personally I am very loyal, sometimes to a fault, but I get that from my dad, who has only held two very unglamorous jobs for the past 40ish years. If I had been a D1 athlete, I would have chosen Purdue, probably regardless of the sport, unless I hadn't been recruited there, and then my goal would have been to eventually play for Purdue. 

With that being said, despite the fact that I tend to pick something and stick with it, through thick and thin, I am all for the transfer portal. I think that giving athletes more flexibility and choices is a great thing.