Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Don’t Let The Wording Fool You…

It appears that Mr. Harrell has finalized most of his football schedules for next fall and and what can only be viewed as a hilarious twist of fate, all 8 current/former MIC members are still scheduled to play one another, lol.

“If you are looking elsewhere, see ya.  But we will still play you so that when you likely beat us you can still claim a conference title.”

Carry on with your Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

It appears that Mr. Harrell has finalized most of his football schedules for next fall and and what can only be viewed as a hilarious twist of fate, all 8 current/former MIC members are still scheduled to play one another, lol.

“If you are looking elsewhere, see ya.  But we will still play you so that when you likely beat us you can still claim a conference title.”

Is this also the case in other sports, I wonder?

6 minutes ago, Coach Jud said:

Its my understanding that their schedules remain the same for 2023 only.

So, two more years?

Can’t wait to watch either Warren or Ben Davis claim some sort of mythical  conference championship despite losing to both Carmel and Center Grove in the regular season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Contracts are usually signed for two years and football ones especially are difficult because they require finding opponents. As late as things happened, it would be difficult for schools to find new opponents, so they'll ride by playing each other for one (or maybe two) more years, then cut ties. 

9 hours ago, temptation said:

I do know that North Central is dropping Center Grove and adding Cathedral after their 2022 contract runs out.  Both the 2023 and 2024 games will be at North Central and should be competitive as NC has some talent coming up the ranks.

Ben Davis will be maintaining Carmel and Center Grove as both coaching staffs agree that it is mutually beneficial for football.

Lawrence North is adding a Fort Wayne school beginning in 2023 to replace Carmel.

That's all I know as of now.

Edited by HoosierFB_JG
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Comical really. I heard the schools would play this year but after this things would change. Obviously some will keep them on schedule and some won’t. 

Just stop taking our conference trophy every fall!

2 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but haven’t Warren and BD won most of the football conference titles since the MIC was formed?

Yep.  Used to be a two horse race annually.  Now the suburban schools are not only holding their own, they are winning them too.

Just taking a snapshot of the last 10 years (shared titles are given to both schools)

CG - 5

BD - 4

Carmel - 3

Warren - 2

The previous 16 years:

BD - 7

Warren - 7

CG - 3

Carmel - 3

This doesn’t even take into account the other sports which are now also being dominated by the two suburban schools, or at least were… prior to the strongly worded letter.

As I said in another thread, let’s just call this what it is.

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

Yep.  Used to be a two horse race annually.  Now the suburban schools are not only holding their own, they are winning them too.

Just taking a snapshot of the last 10 years (shared titles are given to both schools)

CG - 5

BD - 4

Carmel - 3

Warren - 2

The previous 16 years:

BD - 7

Warren - 7

CG - 3

Carmel - 3

This doesn’t even take into account the other sports which are now also being dominated by the two suburban schools, or at least were… prior to the strongly worded letter.

As I said in another thread, let’s just call this what it is.

I see what you’re saying but outside of CG’s past two year run I don’t really think you can say the suburbans have dominated… Carmel has one outright title in the past decade and only shared it twice… CG has three outright and 2 shared. Compare that with 3 shared and 1 outright for BD, and 2 outright and 1 shared for WC (and I think it’s worth mentioning that they won the title outright in 2010 and 2011, giving them 4 outright titles in that decade), and it seems like the Big 4 aren’t quite yet just a Big 2. Idk, I haven’t seen the letter nor do I have the inside information you likely do, so I’m not saying you’re wrong. I just have a hard time believing the coaches of WC and BD specifically wanted Carmel and CG out basically because those programs are getting too good. 

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Make the call to FC and Avon and move on…

You've stated this a few times now Temp regarding Avon and FC. Why do you think they would rather be in the MIC over the HCC? All sports of course and not just football and basketball.

9 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

You've stated this a few times now Temp regarding Avon and FC. Why do you think they would rather be in the MIC over the HCC? All sports of course and not just football and basketball.

They simply cannot compete annually with the other six HCC schools due to the gap in socioeconomics.

You name the sport.  Avon and FC are in the bottom half of the conference if not 7th-8th in EVERYTHING.

Avon places it’s priorities in the arts, FC has joined the athletics arm race but is too far behind.

Edited by temptation

On 4/1/2022 at 7:22 PM, temptation said:

They simply cannot compete annually with the other six HCC schools due to the gap in socioeconomics.

You name the sport.  Avon and FC are in the bottom half of the conference if not 7th-8th in EVERYTHING.

Avon places it’s priorities in the arts, FC has joined the athletics arm race but is too far behind.

Westfield grad. Out of curiosity, is there that much of a socioeconomic gap between Avon and Brownsburg? Just find it interesting to compare FC and Avon rather than Avon to its county rival. Used to do some work in Avon and found the area as far as restaurants and stores, etc. just as nice as Brownsburg. 

1 hour ago, RocksFan23 said:

Westfield grad. Out of curiosity, is there that much of a socioeconomic gap between Avon and Brownsburg? Just find it interesting to compare FC and Avon rather than Avon to its county rival. Used to do some work in Avon and found the area as far as restaurants and stores, etc. just as nice as Brownsburg. 

It’s about a 10-12% difference but the commitment to athletics is night and day.

The Center Grove series has gotten away from BD in the last few years, no question.  But the BD/Carmel series remains extremely tight.

12-12 (BD) HOME
10-12 (Carmel) AWAY
2-0 (BD) NEUTRAL
24-24 SERIES

The series was 10-9 Carmel at the founding of the MIC. So, since 1996, it's 15-14 BD. Since 2000, the series is 12-12.

Fort Wayne could be trending that way as well. Carroll took a share of the SAC title in 2021. Homestead took the title outright in 2019 and 2020. Three years may not be enough to draw any conclusions, but as the student populations of those two schools continue to grow, the likelihood of them staying at the top is pretty strong. These suburban schools with large student bodies and a wealth of resources are becoming too much to overcome for the city schools. We'll see what 2022 brings. Right now it's a crapshoot between Snider, Dwenger, Homestead, and Carroll. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Fort Wayne could be trending that way as well. Carroll took a share of the SAC title in 2021. Homestead took the title outright in 2019 and 2020. Three years may not be enough to draw any conclusions, but as the student populations of those two schools continue to grow, the likelihood of them staying at the top is pretty strong. These suburban schools with large student bodies and a wealth of resources are becoming too much to overcome for the city schools. We'll see what 2022 brings. Right now it's a crapshoot between Snider, Dwenger, Homestead, and Carroll. 

Yep.  As I have mentioned many times before, schools like BD and Warren will continue to remain relevant via enrollment advantages but every other metric is pointing to the ‘burbs.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 2

On 3/31/2022 at 9:25 AM, temptation said:

If you pay attention. They said when they kicked them out. They would play 1 more year and then after they would look elsewhere those contracts were already finalized! 

33 minutes ago, BTF said:

Don’t forget that Luers, the smallest SAC school (*private school), just shared the conference championship with Carroll last season.

14 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

If you pay attention. They said when they kicked them out. They would play 1 more year and then after they would look elsewhere those contracts were already finalized! 

Contracts for 2022 spring sports hadn’t been finalized?

BD has already come out and said they will continue to play them both…I’m betting most others will too.

This whole thing was window dressing due to hurt feelings and to convince the public that the Marion County MIC schools were somehow victimized when in fact, they were just sick of getting their teeth kicked in.

The only five sports in which anyone not named Carmel or Center Grove were a conference title threat in were boys/girls basketball, football and boys/girls track.

Everything else was a bloodbath.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HoopsCoach said:

Don’t forget that Luers, the smallest SAC school (*private school), just shared the conference championship with Carroll last season.

I don't see that being an annual thing. I hope it is as I love the competition and enjoy seeing Luers in the mix. But that's something that happens once every ten years or so. 

15 hours ago, temptation said:

The only five sports in which anyone not named Carmel or Center Grove were a conference title threat in were boys/girls basketball, football and boys/girls track.

Everything else was a bloodbath.

CG's baseball team won at WC yesterday 19-1.   Might not by typical but its also not unusual.

• Haha 1