Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Don’t Let The Wording Fool You…

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

429DDCD8-814B-4B42-80DF-2D89C71F3CBD.jpeg

I rest my case.  CG/HSE beat BD in boys track today and PLAINFIELD beat Warren.

On the girls side, Warren, Pike and LN take the last three team places at the HSE relays as HSE, Fishers and CG cleaned up.

Times have changed.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, temptation said:

On the girls side, Warren, Pike and LN take the last three team places at the HSE relays as HSE, Fishers and CG cleaned up.

Times have changed.

I was at this meet today. Whoever Ben Davis has as their announcer should be working at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, not at a high school track meet. Anyone know if he’s a teacher at the school?

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Times have changed.

Also, interestingly enough, today 6 of the 9 teams at Ben Davis were ranked in the top 20. Center Grove, the winner, was unranked.

Most of the events at the BD relays are not scored in the tournament. All field events were an average of the top two finishers. There were also medley relays which are not events in the tournament making it one of the more unique events because coaches typically want to stick to meets where they can prep their team for the tournament.

6 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Also, interestingly enough, today 6 of the 9 teams at Ben Davis were ranked in the top 20. Center Grove, the winner, was unranked.

Most of the events at the BD relays are not scored in the tournament. All field events were an average of the top two finishers. There were also medley relays which are not events in the tournament making it one of the more unique events because coaches typically want to stick to meets where they can prep their team for the tournament.

CG laid low during the indoor season for some reason, hence the reason they were unranked.

They are a legit threat to be top 5 at the boys state finals.

19 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

That’s not an uncommon result for CG in the Moore era. 

It’s definitely been a sight to see both programs benefitting from one another and the growth on a state wide level.

Still no clue why other schools have failed to follow this blueprint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

It’s definitely been a sight to see both programs benefitting from one another and the growth on a state wide level.

If they haven't by now, then they never will. This concept has been around since the 90's. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Easy for the programs to benefit when the coach is the same. 

I’m curious how many other schools have the same coach for both.  I wonder how many track programs even have a coach in the building - many in SW Indiana are lay coaches. 

6 hours ago, temptation said:

I agree with you BTW. I like that blueprint and wish more schools would hire teachers who can coach golf, tennis, track, etc. Unfortunately many schools have had to hire lay coaches for those sports. 

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

Easy for the programs to benefit when the coach is the same. 

I’m curious how many other schools have the same coach for both.  I wonder how many track programs even have a coach in the building - many in SW Indiana are lay coaches. 

Maybe more football coaches should insist on coaching track too. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, temptation said:

But what about spring workouts and 7 on 7?!?!?!?!?

Its commonly called "Frack" at CG.

Coach Moore has won state titles in both football and track.  Guessing that puts him on a very short list.  Has coached a number of individual state champions in track, some going on to have nice careers at the next level.

On 4/17/2022 at 12:15 AM, HoosierFB_JG said:

I was at this meet today. Whoever Ben Davis has as their announcer should be working at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, not at a high school track meet. Anyone know if he’s a teacher at the school?

That's Aaron Pitman. He has been a finalist for a number of professional PA jobs (most recently the Pacers and the New Jersey Devils). He announces for BD, North Central, Anderson, and several other schools. It's what he does, and he is really good. Thanks for noticing. I'll pass this along to him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

That's Aaron Pitman. He has been a finalist for a number of professional PA jobs (most recently the Pacers and the New Jersey Devils). He announces for BD, North Central, Anderson, and several other schools. It's what he does, and he is really good. Thanks for noticing. I'll pass this along to him.

Pretty sure you just did, lol.

14 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

TY!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, temptation said:

Girls Track:

Carmel - 92

Warren - 40

Just to give you an example of what was being spoken about when the news broke a few months ago regarding Carmel/CG having no one to test their junior varsity squads, particularly in the country club sports…

43 athletes finished the 1600 meter run in this meet.  41 were from Carmel.

(And they left girls at home.)

• Like 1