Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Don’t Let The Wording Fool You…

On 4/17/2022 at 2:36 PM, oldtimeqb said:

Easy for the programs to benefit when the coach is the same. 

I’m curious how many other schools have the same coach for both.  I wonder how many track programs even have a coach in the building - many in SW Indiana are lay coaches. 

Kyle Ralph is New Pal's throwing coach and has been involved in track and field in some fashion since he stepped into the building in 2013. A large number of football players are involved in track. 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2022 at 5:08 PM, temptation said:

Make the call to FC and Avon and move on…

I don't think Avon goes anywhere unless Brownsburg goes with them. They have a long-standing rivalry. 

FC would make more sense. They're a geographical outlier in the HCC and at least would have shorter roadtrips with Marion County schools than going to Brownsburg and Zionsville. Franklin Township is exploding in population, though, and will likely be, enrollment-wise, on par with the larger MIC/HCC schools before long. They'd be one of the stronger teams in the MIC in the non-revenue sports. 

I'd make a call to Tech, who honestly fits very well in the NCC everywhere except geography. However, IMO, they'd struggle to compete in the MIC in just about every team sport except basketball. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

I don't think Avon goes anywhere unless Brownsburg goes with them. They have a long-standing rivalry. 

FC would make more sense. They're a geographical outlier in the HCC and at least would have shorter roadtrips with Marion County schools than going to Brownsburg and Zionsville. Franklin Township is exploding in population, though, and will likely be, enrollment-wise, on par with the larger MIC/HCC schools before long. They'd be one of the stronger teams in the MIC in the non-revenue sports. 

I'd make a call to Tech, who honestly fits very well in the NCC everywhere except geography. However, IMO, they'd struggle to compete in the MIC in just about every team sport except basketball. 

1.  I’ve got it on high authority that the Avon/Brownsburg statement is simply not true and is an overused idiom based in little to no evidence.  They could still play in the non-conference annually.  Plenty of other rivals do so.

2.  You are right in saying that Tech would get demolished in every sport were they to join the MIC outside of boys basketball.  They’d be a last resort in my opinion.

Center Grove/Carmel go 1-2 in the 10 team field at North Central’s Charlie Riley Invitational in boys track…the Trojans destroying the field by 84 points.

CG/HSE go 1-2 in the girls meet with NC a distant third and Carmel fourth.

This is TRACK AND FIELD folks…

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Center Grove/Carmel go 1-2 in the 10 team field at North Central’s Charlie Riley Invitational in boys track…the Trojans destroying the field by 84 points.

CG/HSE go 1-2 in the girls meet with NC a distant third and Carmel fourth.

This is TRACK AND FIELD folks…

Tied the North Central relays record in the 4x100 relay

8F65FE96-1DB6-46E2-A42F-725F63ADE9DA.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Tied the North Central relays record in the 4x100 relay

8F65FE96-1DB6-46E2-A42F-725F63ADE9DA.jpeg

But Warren’s boys and NC’s girls are going to claim “MIC championships” Friday night, lol.

Can anyone here name A SPORT where one of the current “MIC 6” can beat both Carmel AND Center Grove?

I can’t.

Edited by temptation

What are the real reasons these schools are having difficulties finding teams? Is it lack of interest? Lack of resources? Lack of money for the student to participate? Lack of home support?

If you think this is laughable instead of disappointing that athletic programs are dying before our very eyes without trying to fix the situation, that’s a serious problem.

52 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

What are the real reasons these schools are having difficulties finding teams? Is it lack of interest? Lack of resources? Lack of money for the student to participate? Lack of home support?

If you think this is laughable instead of disappointing that athletic programs are dying before our very eyes without trying to fix the situation, that’s a serious problem.

All of the above.  I’ve talked about SES from the day I created my account on here.

The verbiage from the “MIC six” is the laughable part.  Don’t get it twisted.

Boys tennis:  

Carmel - 5

NC - 0

(Side note:  The MIC Championship track and field trophies still have both the Carmel and CG logos on them despite the fact that neither school was invited to compete in last night’s MIC track and field championship meet.)

You just can’t make some of this stuff up folks.  It writes itself.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Boys tennis:  

Carmel - 5

NC - 0

(Side note:  The MIC Championship track and field trophies still have both the Carmel and CG logos on them despite the fact that neither school was invited to compete in last night’s MIC track and field championship meet.)

For the record North Central has more state tennis titles (boys) than any other school with 20, the last being in 2016.

• Like 1

Its no surprise to anyone that Carmel and CG beat up on The MIC in golf, tennis, baseball, softball.  Its quite expected as these sports exacerbate the huge socio economic disparities between these competing communities.

What is shocking is Center Grove's dominance on the track, and especially in the sprint and relay events.  We've all heard the phrase, "you cant teach speed."  That simply is not true at CG.  In my view, this is the single greatest accomplishment of the Eric Moore Era at Center Grove, which has been his ability to catch and pass the MIC urban schools by beating them at their own naturally gifted game, which is flat out runners speed.

39 minutes ago, HHF said:

Its no surprise to anyone that Carmel and CG beat up on The MIC in golf, tennis, baseball, softball.  Its quite expected as these sports exacerbate the huge socio economic disparities between these competing communities.

What is shocking is Center Grove's dominance on the track, and especially in the sprint and relay events.  We've all heard the phrase, "you cant teach speed."  That simply is not true at CG.  In my view, this is the single greatest accomplishment of the Eric Moore Era at Center Grove, which has been his ability to catch and pass the MIC urban schools by beating them at their own naturally gifted game, which is flat out runners speed.

They would have won the boys meet last night by 40+ points.

2 hours ago, HHF said:

Eric and his staff are amazing track coaches.  Eric runs the CG Power Club where they properly teach speed and lifting techniques (not lifting weights) beginning at the elementary age for all athletes, boys and girls.  It pays off huge dividends as they learn young so when they get to high school, they are ready and aligned.  There have been a number of CG kids go on and have very good track and field careers at the collegiate level, with most of the boys also playing football. 

Marty Mills is the CG strength coach and he is second to none.  It all fits together.

When it is all said and done, Eric Moore should be a HOF coach in both football and track. CG is beyond blessed to land Eric a couple of decades ago and his biggest attribute to coaching goes way beyond teaching a sport.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Boys tennis:  

Carmel - 5

NC - 0

Who are you attempting to bash at this point?  The kids?  The adults?  Neither one is a good look and is a low blow, even for someone such as yourself. That’s what this has turned into, you making fun of the MIC. I am a former teacher of a MIC school and have a kid who graduated from Carmel. I can assure you that we hold no animosity and understand the need for the move in sports that are not generating revenue. 

The kids in these communities are killing each other daily, fighting to have a good home life with some not sure where their next meal might come from and you’re worried about LOGOS ON A TROPHY???? These teachers, for many of the students, are the adult figures in their lives and if you taught at an inner city school as you say you do, you wouldn’t be bashing these communities.  One athletic director just buried his two grandchildren and again, you are worried about LOGOS ON A TROPHY????? I thought my disgust for you couldn’t get any worse but I was wrong. 

My son won a state title at Carmel and as proud as I am of him, none of that compares to the real problems facing these communities. Your comments are pathetic. Good for Carmel and CG on having outstanding athletic programs. Good for both schools who manage to get their kids to school on time, get good grades, have supportive parents with money to get them the tools to succeed. Go spend a day in the lives of a child who’s parents either don’t exist, or only have one parent working three jobs to make ends meet and have teachers who have to buy coats for their students just to keep them warm in the winter and then maybe you’ll understand your comments are unneeded and unwanted.

I guarantee you that you wouldn’t run your mouth in front of anyone from these communities.  No, you need a keyboard to spew off your hatred.

How is that for a hot take?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Who are you attempting to bash at this point?  The kids?  The adults?  Neither one is a good look and is a low blow, even for someone such as yourself. That’s what this has turned into, you making fun of the MIC. I am a former teacher of a MIC school and have a kid who graduated from Carmel. I can assure you that we hold no animosity and understand the need for the move in sports that are not generating revenue. 

The kids in these communities are killing each other daily, fighting to have a good home life with some not sure where their next meal might come from and you’re worried about LOGOS ON A TROPHY???? These teachers, for many of the students, are the adult figures in their lives and if you taught at an inner city school as you say you do, you wouldn’t be bashing these communities.  One athletic director just buried his two grandchildren and again, you are worried about LOGOS ON A TROPHY????? I thought my disgust for you couldn’t get any worse but I was wrong. 

My son won a state title at Carmel and as proud as I am of him, none of that compares to the real problems facing these communities. Your comments are pathetic. Good for Carmel and CG on having outstanding athletic programs. Good for both schools who manage to get their kids to school on time, get good grades, have supportive parents with money to get them the tools to succeed. Go spend a day in the lives of a child who’s parents either don’t exist, or only have one parent working three jobs to make ends meet and have teachers who have to buy coats for their students just to keep them warm in the winter and then maybe you’ll understand your comments are unneeded and unwanted.

I guarantee you that you wouldn’t run your mouth in front of anyone from these communities.  No, you need a keyboard to spew off your hatred.

You’re really making an analogy of people dying to me laughing at logos on a trophy…with a straight face.

Yes, I AM absolutely making fun of the adults…as I should be.  The folks in the “MIC 6” who took a stand and got jealous once CG and Carmel started looking for a hotter girlfriend deserve every bit of this vitriol.  They attempted to deflect and push the narrative that CG and Carmel were somehow “the bad guys” for looking elsewhere in the name of competitive and financial benefits for their communities…not to mention safety.

How dare they?

I will continue to call them out on this nonsense as the REAL reason they booted Carmel/CG is because they were tired of losing to them.  It’s so blatantly obvious to anyone with a pulse at this point.  

The logos remaining on the trophy are just the icing on the cake at this point.  It’s laughable.  (And guess what, I can still pay my respects to the Clark family AND call out this hypocrisy.  The two are in no way mutually related or connected.)

Just stop getting your feelings hurt and showing your fake outrage on a high school message board.

”Disgusted”, lol.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I must have missed where he in any way bashed any community or the people in them. Can you show that to me, or is this simply an example of what social media has become?

My interpretation of his remarks was direction to administration and not communities nor the people in them.  His point was that administration in the MIC schools kicked Carmel and CG out due to feeling betrayed and also as a result of tilted competitive results.  You or anyone may disagree with his position, but to twist the meaning as to him attacking communities and people are unfortunate and in my opinion, a tad disingenuous.  Now, if you can show me comments where he attacked people in MIC communities, I will re-evaluate my thoughts as to your message intent.

I love the MIC and hate that this change happened.  I will remain a fan and that comes with watching kids compete against each other for many years.  While I agree that revenue was a major reason Carmel and CG started looking for another conference alternative, it was hardly the only reason.  

Thank you for years of being a teacher and obviously committed to the community in which you educated others.  I appreciate your passion and understand to a degree your defensiveness.  But for what its worth, I think you also jumped on the opportunity to make this more personal that what was warranted.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I must have missed where he in any way bashed any community or the people in them. Can you show that to me, or is this simply an example of what social media has become?

My interpretation of his remarks was direction to administration and not communities nor the people in them.  His point was that administration in the MIC schools kicked Carmel and CG out due to feeling betrayed and also as a result of tilted competitive results.  You or anyone may disagree with his position, but to twist the meaning as to him attacking communities and people are unfortunate and in my opinion, a tad disingenuous.  Now, if you can show me comments where he attacked people in MIC communities, I will re-evaluate my thoughts as to your message intent.

I love the MIC and hate that this change happened.  I will remain a fan and that comes with watching kids compete against each other for many years.  While I agree that revenue was a major reason Carmel and CG started looking for another conference alternative, it was hardly the only reason.  

Thank you for years of being a teacher and obviously committed to the community in which you educated others.  I appreciate your passion and understand to a degree your defensiveness.  But for what its worth, I think you also jumped on the opportunity to make this more personal that what was warranted.

I understand Hoosier FBs point.  temptation has taken every opportunity to call out CG/CA victories over the MIC 6 since the divorce between the two, as if it somehow cements someones point of view or personal agenda.  It is what it it.  CA/CG are beating the MIC 6 in the country club sports and also taking them down in the pure athletic events.  We dont need to be reminded of this every time CG beats Warren Central 15-0 in baseball.  Is that outcome a surprise to anyone?  I dont think so.  CG and CA are moving forward with class and dignity.  temptation is the only one gloating on behalf of the two.  Just ignore it.

17 minutes ago, HHF said:

I understand Hoosier FBs point.  temptation has taken every opportunity to call out CG/CA victories over the MIC 6 since the divorce between the two, as if it somehow cements someones point of view or personal agenda.  It is what it it.  CA/CG are beating the MIC 6 in the country club sports and also taking them down in the pure athletic events.  We dont need to be reminded of this every time CG beats Warren Central 15-0 in baseball.  Is that outcome a surprise to anyone?  I dont think so.  CG and CA are moving forward with class and dignity.  temptation is the only one gloating on behalf of the two.  Just ignore it.

I understand one making that point. The “bashing of communities” and making it personal to individuals took this to another level, in my opinion.

I absolutely agree that it’s time to move on. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HHF said:

CG and Carmel may be moving on publicly which is easy to do because the MIC 6 aren’t a threat to them athletically in 90% of IHSAA sports.

I’m just pointing out/promoting the successes of two premier athletic programs on a message board about high school sports, that’s all.

Bet many of the football players also participate in other sports, no, lol?

Edited by temptation