Jump to content

OFFICIAL: New classes announced


Recommended Posts

Sectional 40: North Posey, Mater Dei, Tell City, Perry Central, Forest Park, Linton, Sullivan, North Knox

Sectional 39: Brown Co., Switzerland Co., Crawford Co., Brownstown, Mitchell, Eastern Pekin, Paoli, Clarksville

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JQWL said:

Sectional 40: North Posey, Mater Dei, Tell City, Perry Central, Forest Park, Linton, Sullivan, North Knox

Sectional 39: Brown Co., Switzerland Co., Crawford Co., Brownstown, Mitchell, Eastern Pekin, Paoli, Clarksville

I would agree with your pairings. 
I didn’t realize South Spencer had dropped to A until this post.

And 39? I will take Brownstown and you could have the field. Seems there is a clear favorite based on past history. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This all makes no sense.  Pioneer has a one time talent in Jack Kiser and hasn’t won state since 2018. Chatard wins state in 2019 & 2020.  Neither wins sectional in 2021.  Chatard goes down, Pioneer stays up.  I know what the rule says about points earned in a higher class.  But this just looks wrong.  IHSAA should have just reset everything to enrollment and started over.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Football Guru 25 said:

2a alignment thoughts??

On a first look at it, this is how I'd do it. 

Andrean, Bishop Noll, Bremen, LaVille, Thomas Edison, Wheeler, Whiting

Bishop Luers, Bluffton, Central Noble, Churubusco, Eastside, Manchester, Prairie Heights, Whitko

Blackford, Eastbrook, Eastern, Lewis Cass, Pioneer, Rochester, Wabash, Winamac

Benton Central, Delphi, Greencastle, LCC, North Putnam, Seeger, South Vermillion, Southmont

Alexandria, Elwood, Lapel, Frankton, Northeastern, Tipton, Shenandoah, Winchester

Cardinal Ritter, Cascade, Christel House Manual, Eastern Hancock, Heritage Christian, Scecina, Triton Central, Union County

Brown County, Brownstown, Clarksville, Crawford County, Eastern, Mitchell, Paoli, Switzerland County

Forest Park, Linton Stockton, Mater Dei, North Knox, North Posey, Perry Central, Tell City, Sullivan 

I think 7 of the 8 make geographical sense and the other one starts with the Indianapolis teams and grabs everything that's left.  Cascade really fits better with Greencastle and North Putnam but it's the furthest East of those schools and someone needed to go towards the Indy-based sectional.  You could also swap Eastbrook and Blackford into the Fort Wayne sectional for Manchester and Whitko and it would make some sense based on the map but I thought having Whitko and Manchester in the same sectional as Prairie Heights looks a little better than Eastbrook and Blackford.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, superjay said:

This all makes no sense.  Pioneer has a one time talent in Jack Kiser and hasn’t won state since 2018. Chatard wins state in 2019 & 2020.  Neither wins sectional in 2021.  Chatard goes down, Pioneer stays up.  I know what the rule says about points earned in a higher class.  But this just looks wrong.  IHSAA should have just reset everything to enrollment and started over.  

It is perplexing.  I think you could make the argument that any team that won a state championship last year should move up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, XStar said:

On a first look at it, this is how I'd do it. 

Andrean, Bishop Noll, Bremen, LaVille, Thomas Edison, Wheeler, Whiting

Bishop Luers, Bluffton, Central Noble, Churubusco, Eastside, Manchester, Prairie Heights, Whitko

Blackford, Eastbrook, Eastern, Lewis Cass, Pioneer, Rochester, Wabash, Winamac

Benton Central, Delphi, Greencastle, LCC, North Putnam, Seeger, South Vermillion, Southmont

Alexandria, Elwood, Lapel, Frankton, Northeastern, Tipton, Shenandoah, Winchester

Cardinal Ritter, Cascade, Christel House Manual, Eastern Hancock, Heritage Christian, Scecina, Triton Central, Union County

Brown County, Brownstown, Clarksville, Crawford County, Eastern, Mitchell, Paoli, Switzerland County

Forest Park, Linton Stockton, Mater Dei, North Knox, North Posey, Perry Central, Tell City, Sullivan 

I think 7 of the 8 make geographical sense and the other one starts with the Indianapolis teams and grabs everything that's left.  Cascade really fits better with Greencastle and North Putnam but it's the furthest East of those schools and someone needed to go towards the Indy-based sectional.  You could also swap Eastbrook and Blackford into the Fort Wayne sectional for Manchester and Whitko and it would make some sense based on the map but I thought having Whitko and Manchester in the same sectional as Prairie Heights looks a little better than Eastbrook and Blackford.  

Are there 63 schools in 2A?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, superjay said:

This all makes no sense.  Pioneer has a one time talent in Jack Kiser and hasn’t won state since 2018. Chatard wins state in 2019 & 2020.  Neither wins sectional in 2021.  Chatard goes down, Pioneer stays up.  I know what the rule says about points earned in a higher class.  But this just looks wrong.  IHSAA should have just reset everything to enrollment and started over.  

Long story short 

Pioneer: was already up due to 6 points earned in 2018/2019. This year's classifications were based on points earned in the higher class in 2020-21 *for the schools who were already up.* Pioneer got 2 points in 2020, thus it stays up because it has two points in the two-year cycle. 

Chatard: Moved up in 2021 due to the points earned in 2019/2020. Did NOT win a sectional (0 points). For the teams that moved up in 2021, the ones who won a sectional stayed up (Dwenger, LCC), while those that didn't (Chatard) moved back down. It's a bit odd but I understand the logic. If neither Dwenger or LCC wins a sectional this year, they'll move back down for 2022. 

It's really confusing because the IHSAA extended the last enrollment cycle by one year but decided to apply success factor points while extending the cycle and now needs to get them re-calibrated back to the beginning. They weren't going to go back to "straight enrollment" and reset - imagine the howling when Cathedral moves back to 4A after steamrolling 5A in back-to-back years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This makes sense to me in the 2A North.  Sectional 33 would have 7 with a bye.

33 - Whiting, Bishop Noll, Lake Station Edison, Andrean, Wheeler, Laville, Bremen

34 - Delphi, Pioneer, Winamac, Rochester, Cass, Wabash, Manchester, Whitko

35 - Prairie Heights, Eastside, Churubusco, Central Noble, Luers, Bluffton, Eastbrook

36 - Eastern (Greentown), Tipton, Elwood, Frankton, Alexandria, Lapel, Winchester, Blackford

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

This makes sense to me in the 2A North.  Sectional 33 would have 7 with a bye.

33 - Whiting, Bishop Noll, Lake Station Edison, Andrean, Wheeler, Laville, Bremen

34 - Delphi, Pioneer, Winamac, Rochester, Cass, Wabash, Manchester, Whitko

35 - Prairie Heights, Eastside, Churubusco, Central Noble, Luers, Bluffton, Eastbrook

36 - Eastern (Greentown), Tipton, Elwood, Frankton, Alexandria, Lapel, Winchester, Blackford

35 is short a team if 33 is your 7-team sectional.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this might work for 2A North.  Sectional 33 would have 7 with a bye.

33 - Whiting, Bishop Noll, Lake Station Edison, Andrean, Wheeler, Laville, Bremen

34 - Delphi, Pioneer, Winamac, Rochester, Cass, Wabash, Manchester, Whitko

35 - Prairie Heights, Eastside, Churubusco, Central Noble, Luers, Bluffton, Eastbrook, Blackford

36 - Eastern (Greentown), Tipton, Elwood, Frankton, Alexandria, Lapel, Winchester, Shenandoah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, XStar said:

On a first look at it, this is how I'd do it. 

Andrean, Bishop Noll, Bremen, LaVille, Thomas Edison, Wheeler, Whiting

Bishop Luers, Bluffton, Central Noble, Churubusco, Eastside, Manchester, Prairie Heights, Whitko

Blackford, Eastbrook, Eastern, Lewis Cass, Pioneer, Rochester, Wabash, Winamac

Benton Central, Delphi, Greencastle, LCC, North Putnam, Seeger, South Vermillion, Southmont

Alexandria, Elwood, Lapel, Frankton, Northeastern, Tipton, Shenandoah, Winchester

Cardinal Ritter, Cascade, Christel House Manual, Eastern Hancock, Heritage Christian, Scecina, Triton Central, Union County

Brown County, Brownstown, Clarksville, Crawford County, Eastern, Mitchell, Paoli, Switzerland County

Forest Park, Linton Stockton, Mater Dei, North Knox, North Posey, Perry Central, Tell City, Sullivan 

I think 7 of the 8 make geographical sense and the other one starts with the Indianapolis teams and grabs everything that's left.  Cascade really fits better with Greencastle and North Putnam but it's the furthest East of those schools and someone needed to go towards the Indy-based sectional.  You could also swap Eastbrook and Blackford into the Fort Wayne sectional for Manchester and Whitko and it would make some sense based on the map but I thought having Whitko and Manchester in the same sectional as Prairie Heights looks a little better than Eastbrook and Blackford.  

Alot of movement in this Class 2a!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, XStar said:

Boone Grove, Calumet, Griffith, Hanover Central, Resselaer Central, River Forest, Twin Lakes, West Lafayette

Clay, Fairfield, Jimtown, John Glenn, Knox, Lakeland, Marian, West Noble

Bellmont, Concordia, Delta, Garrett, Heritage, Norwell, Woodlan, Yorktown

Guerin Catholic, Hamilton Heights, Maconaquah, Northwestern, Oak Hill, Peru, Tippecanoe Valley, Western Boone

Crawfordsville, Danville, Monrovia, North Montgomery, Owen Valley, Speedway, Tri-West, West Vigo

Batesville, Centerville, Chatard, Franklin County, Greensburg, Indian Creek, Purdue Polytechnic, Rushville

Charlestown, Corydon, Lawrenceburg, Madison, North Harrison, Salem, Scottsburg, South Dearborn

Gibson Southern, Heritage Hills, Mt. Vernon, Pike Central, Princeton, Southridge, Vincennes Lincoln, Washington

If Chatard's back in 3A, don't be surprised to see the resurgence of the Sectional of Death minus Brebeuf.  That will put Guerin, Chatard, and honorary P/P, West Lafayette, in the same sectional again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, foxbat said:

If Chatard's back in 3A, don't be surprised to see the resurgence of the Sectional of Death minus Brebeuf.  That will put Guerin, Chatard, and honorary P/P, West Lafayette, in the same sectional again.

I put a 99% chance on Brebeuf and Chatard being a straight switch - i.e. Brebeuf paired with Roncalli in 4A and Chatard with Guerin in 3A. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

You would think that….but for the last few years princeton and Vincennes have been in a sectional that made it possible to have a semi state game with Gibson Southern and other Evansville area schools 

IHSAA can't be that dumb twice right? (Heavy Sarcasm)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I put a 99% chance on Brebeuf and Chatard being a straight switch - i.e. Brebeuf paired with Roncalli in 4A and Chatard with Guerin in 3A. 

No one, or I should say no one in Sectional 28, was surprised when Chatard ended up in 4A in Roncalli's sectional.  No one from that sectional will be surprised to see Brebeuf end up in there with Roncalli either.  And certainly seeing Chatard back with Guerin. 

The only thing that would somewhat surprise me, but wouldn't put it past the IHSAA, is finding a way to get LCC into Sectional 28 with Chatard, Guerin, West Lafayette. 😃

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2022 at 5:01 PM, Sledge said:

Can someone explain Bishop Chatard being in 3A instead of 4A? After just one year in 4A?

Yes please.  Also looking for an answer here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...