Sign in to follow this  
DT

DTs Dandy Dozen - 12 things Id like to see

1 hour ago, Coach Harvey said:

Ah the caps lock monster... it gets the best of us. 

LOL   He truly is a beast

20 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Nice.  So your son is now a veterinarian?  

No, although he considered that vocation. He is a dairy farmer, all thanks to getting his start in animal husbandry. He started out milking bulls and now he makes a living milking cows.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Milking bulls is not the easiest—just sayin’...

LOL!  Reminds me of the scene with Woody Harrelson in Kingpin.....

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

LOL!  Reminds me of the scene with Woody Harrelson in Kingpin.....

Exactly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Milking bulls is not the easiest—just sayin’...

You milk a cow, you get a bucket of milk

You milk a bull, you get a friend for life

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

You milk a cow, you get a bucket of milk

.......mmmmkay!

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Real HOT RIGHT NOW

Luke Fickell has done a great job with the Bearcats. Cincy is a good place to be right now.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:31 PM, Tanka Jahari said:

It’s an art form, so I am told, but you probably need to start slowly....good manners if nothing else....warm hands help too.

No doubt they’ll be appreciative.

• Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:33 PM, Lysander said:

It’s an art form, so I am told, but you probably need to start slowly....good manners if nothing else....warm hands help too.

Mood music?

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2019 at 12:23 PM, Bobref said:

Bob.

The pay stinking is a given.  But the pay has stunk for years.  I doubt it is the reason that so many young people are not choosing the officiating route.

12 minutes ago, 77Jimmie said:

Bob.

The pay stinking is a given.  But the pay has stunk for years.  I doubt it is the reason that so many young people are not choosing the officiating route.

I’m not so sure. It’s a different generation of people we’re recruiting now. I suspect some of the old “truths” no longer apply.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I’m not so sure. It’s a different generation of people we’re recruiting now. I suspect some of the old “truths” no longer apply.

What’s that mean?  Old “truths”.

11 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

What’s that mean?  Old “truths”.

Conventional wisdom has been that no one becomes an official to make $$. Most years I was happy to break even on out of pocket expenses. But that conventional wisdom may no longer be true.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Conventional wisdom has been that no one becomes an official to make $$. Most years I was happy to break even on out of pocket expenses. But that conventional wisdom may no longer be true.

Thank you. 

On 4/27/2019 at 11:33 PM, Lysander said:

They often prefer small talk prior to.......also having the bull stand in front of a mirror, during, makes eye contact possible. The eye contact fosters a better sense of intimacy, which helps tremendously in the process. Also, DO NOT ATTEMPT without first warming the hands. 

And to think, I would have none of that knowledge had I not persuaded my son to choose animal husbandry over soccer.  

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:43 AM, Lysander said:

So long as we are talking about Warsaw...it doesn't happen overnight.  But it's not unimaginable (see New Pal).  Still...takes some time.

My personal opinion is that Snider/New Pal 2015 could have given ANYONE a fight.

In the case of New Pal, it started in 2013.  Snider has always been pretty great.

Nothing happens overnight....at least in 6A.

This is a great thread, DT... like a smorgasbord. Being a Tiger fan, I'll choose 1, and piggy back on this. This DOES take tame

- weight room - New Pal is the benchmark - Tigers have begun contagion of pan-sport/pan-gender lifting culture... will it increase exponentially?

- intangibles - Dynamic class of '19, can at least six-ten guys in classes of '20 & '21 own the room?

- reloadable depth - replacing QB, FB, a great LT and six of the Orange Crush front seven... next man up!

These are all promising right now. We'll see what happens. Exciting season ahead, opportunities start 3-Jun-19.

3 minutes ago, HSFBFan64 said:

This is a great thread, DT... like a smorgasbord. Being a Tiger fan, I'll choose 1, and piggy back on this. This DOES take tame

- weight room - New Pal is the benchmark - Tigers have begun contagion of pan-sport/pan-gender lifting culture... will it increase exponentially?

- intangibles - Dynamic class of '19, can at least six-ten guys in classes of '20 & '21 own the room?

- reloadable depth - replacing QB, FB, a great LT and six of the Orange Crush front seven... next man up!

These are all promising right now. We'll see what happens. Exciting season ahead, opportunities start 3-Jun-19.

?

On 5/21/2019 at 11:58 AM, HSFBFan64 said:

Benchmark?  Coach Mills (CG Strength and Conditioning Coach) might have a different opinion...........will agree strength and conditioning is paramount to success in most any sport.

image.png.4530b41f020f702ebd56687018682307.png

4 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Benchmark?  Coach Mills (CG Strength and Conditioning Coach) might have a different opinion...........will agree strength and conditioning is paramount to success in most any sport.

image.png.4530b41f020f702ebd56687018682307.png

It is nice when schools and athletes care about and see tremendous value of, weight training during the school day.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

But I thought Lafayette Central Catholic's "weight room" used to be located in a shed behind the school.   And their gridiron success, along with myriad other sports, can't be questioned.

Just think of how much classroom learning space could be built within the confines of that Center Grove weight room.   How many millions did that extravagance cost Indiana taxpayers?

Edited by Muda69
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

But I thought Lafayette Central Catholic's "weight room" used to be located in a shed behind the school.   And their gridiron success, along with myriad other sports, can't be questioned.

Just think of how much classroom learning space could be built within the confines of that Center Grove weight room.   How many millions did that extravagance cost Indiana taxpayers?

Looks more like CGU

Center Grove University

😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Didn't cost you a dime Muda.  And it was put up to a vote by White River Township citizens.  Democracy at is finest.  As far as the price tag for the Student Activity Center, I am sure you can find that out via the use of your favorite search engine.

And the Student Activity Center that includes the weight room is not only used by sports, but by other academic competitions such as robotics, etc.  Additionally the community uses the facility.

Our youngest is graduating this year and we are soon to be empty nesters.  I will continue to vote yes on school improvements such as the SAC.  CG schools are the brand of this community and any investment there is a continued investment in our real estate.  So you ask about cost....what you should be asking is how much did us cost us as local taxpayers not to invest in our schools......

Also, you don't need to worry about academic space at CG....not a concern here.

• Like 4