Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC 2022 Any news or thoughts were sharing

5 hours ago, MarshallCounty said:

What has been the community reaction to that option?

The community wants all 4 high schools.  They are upset with how the monies are being spent from the referendum.  Besides Adams, the other three high school are at about 50% capacity.  But it doesn't seem to matter to the public.

I don't want any school that covers grade 6-12.  Not good.

If you make Clay an athletic facility, how are the kids going to get out there.  No bus service.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:14 PM, ASJCPUMA said:

Looking at Harrell's schedule and this may have been updated since.........

New Prairie is open Week 2 and Week 7.  Looks as if Twin Lakes dropped the Cougars for SB Clay.  So now in week 2 Clay has 2 games with Twin Lakes and Goshen.

SB Riley has openings week 5 and 7.

If anyone has updated information please share

New Prairie plays Riley week 7 

Unknown of week 5 for Riley, rumor is an Indy school

On 5/7/2022 at 1:52 PM, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

The community wants all 4 high schools.  They are upset with how the monies are being spent from the referendum.  Besides Adams, the other three high school are at about 50% capacity.  But it doesn't seem to matter to the public.

If you make Clay an athletic facility, how are the kids going to get out there.  No bus service.

Better yet…if Clay shuts down does the Career Academy take its place in the NIC South🤔

On 5/7/2022 at 1:52 PM, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

I was at the meeting.  Most of the people left once they knew Washington was not going to close.  I want to know how Clay needs $35M of repairs.  Putting 6-7-8 graders in a high school building is absurd here.  Turning Clay into a sports complex that they say is needed.  Really?  They said nothing about how much money it would cost to implement this plan.  It was a very bizarre meeting.

On 5/8/2022 at 8:54 PM, ASJCPUMA said:

Turning Clay into a sports complex that they say is needed.  Really?  They said nothing about how much money it would cost to implement this plan.  It was a very bizarre meeting.

South Bend hasn't taken care of their city parks, city baseball diamonds, city tennis courts, city basketball courts, I do not see them taking care of the "Clay Sports Complex".

South Bend does not have the student population to support 4 high schools and needs to downsize.  I remember a suggestion to close both Washington and Clay and reopen LaSalle as a high school.  I think this is a great idea, but too outside the box thinking for South Bend.  Sad.

On 5/11/2022 at 12:15 AM, CoachK5 said:

South Bend hasn't taken care of their city parks, city baseball diamonds, city tennis courts, city basketball courts, I do not see them taking care of the "Clay Sports Complex".

South Bend does not have the student population to support 4 high schools and needs to downsize.  I remember a suggestion to close both Washington and Clay and reopen LaSalle as a high school.  I think this is a great idea, but too outside the box thinking for South Bend.  Sad.

I mean…why even spend tax dollars on facilities that no one utilizes. Travel ball has made rec leagues pretty much non-existent anymore. No one plays basketball at parks unless they are going to the king center or Charles Black Center, which they just remodeled. It makes sense to make Clay into a sports complex. South Bend needs to compete to retain students. Especially with Marian about to build an indoor sports  facility. 

Daeh McCullough, a 4-star defensive back & son of new Notre Dame running backs coach Deland McCullough, will play his senior year of football for Saint Joseph High School, according to @michianaFball on Twitter.
Big news for Ben Downey!
McCullough is committed to IU & will be an instant star for St. Joe.
(Photo courtesy of Daeh McCullough on Twitter)
  • Like 2

On 5/12/2022 at 5:45 PM, TheMole22 said:

I mean…why even spend tax dollars on facilities that no one utilizes. Travel ball has made rec leagues pretty much non-existent anymore. No one plays basketball at parks unless they are going to the king center or Charles Black Center, which they just remodeled. It makes sense to make Clay into a sports complex. South Bend needs to compete to retain students. Especially with Marian about to build an indoor sports  facility. 

Our disfunctional school board will not close buildings because they fear a charter taking them over.  They want to hold 2 closed buildings under one plan for future grade school use.  Yet the estimate to lose 1200 in the next 2 years

• 2 weeks later...

Attended the meeting about SB schools last night.  Kareema Fowler, Chief Business Person said Clay will be open for 22-23.  She laso said that these isdeas/proposal are a couple of years away.  Based on the reaction last night Clay Twp Residents and alumni will fight to keep their school open.  They also are exploring leaving the SB schools and forming their own school corpoartion.

5 hours ago, Bobref said:

You’re talking secession, man!

Seriously, is that even remotely realistic?

Yes, Center Twp. on the other side of town is leaving the corporation and joining with John Glenn.  It can be done.  I live in Clay Twp and the people are not happy.  And there is a lot more money out this way that in Center Twp.   It would possibly destroy the SB schools if they left

• 5 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Rocket said:

Per WHME Antwon Jones has resigned as SB Adams head coach to take a job as head of security at Penn. it’s expected he’ll be hired as an assistant coach there also

And I assume his sons will play at Penn as well (if they’re still in high school). That’s nice for the Adams kids, lose their head coach and a player or 2 a month before the season officially begins. I’m sure Adams will find a top replacement in no time. 

45 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

And I assume his sons will play at Penn as well (if they’re still in high school). That’s nice for the Adams kids, lose their head coach and a player or 2 a month before the season officially begins. I’m sure Adams will find a top replacement in no time. 

Adams, Riley and Washington should co-op their football programs and move forward as a single 6A entity.  

Find 1 solid HC who has the vision to lead the program for the next decade.  

Hammond has done this by consolidating football down to two schools (Central and Morton)

Indy (IPS)  has done this by consolidating football from over a dozen schools to just a few.  

Clay should contract.

Edited by DT

Well if Clay becomes a 400 student high school for the arts then they may not have any sports

There seems to be a lot of excitement around Riley with their new coach and staff

Let's see how this plays out when the season starts

4 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

South Bend isn't a destination site.  I don't see a football savior on the horizion.

• Like 1