Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A North alignment

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

Pioneer loses one of, if not, the best classes to ever go through the program as well as the reigning Mr. Football. Large shoes to fill on both sides of the ball and the vast majority of our offensive production b/w Kiser and Gregorich. I think it is more wide open than people think.

-Bremen had a great season last year

-Cass came on strong at the end of the season (losses came against excellent competition)

-Pioneer looking for leadership after our state run last year

-Laville returns a great core of young skill guys who got better every game 

Bremen, Pioneer and LaVille were the only teams to beat Triton in the 2018 campaign.  Of the three, LaVille returns the greatest number of contributors from last year.  I've said for a couple of years now the Lancers will be the team to hand Pioneer their first HNAC conference loss.  I don't know if that will happen this year, but don't overlook LaVille in this sectional.  I expect them to be very good!  Pioneer lost 2 top 50 players, but they aren't hurting in the skill position department.  Bremen loses a whole host of guys from last year.  And they play a very difficult schedule for a 2A team.  Their post season success might depend on how well they weather the storm during the regular season.  They'll be battle tested for sure.

I don't know anything about Cass, but that early season game with the Panthers will be one of great interest!

3 hours ago, Scat said:

Although Bremen had a great run last year the information I have is they lost substantial playmakers from last year.  Maybe I have incorrect information on Bremen. Cass on the other hand was very competitive with the runner up but has 100% of their playmakers returning.  Two of the returners for Pioneer is all they need to be competitive for a sectional championship.  I don't know anything about the remaining teams except Delphi graduated their two best players.

You would be correct. Lose HUGE offensively with both backs, QB, receiver, several lineman, and defensively lose quite a bit. Going to be a long year of rebuilding for the Lions...

8 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

36 looks to be pretty competitive in my eyes as well.  Eastbrook would obviously be the favorite.  But Tipton, Blackford, Eastern (Greentown), and Lapel all have had strong records of late.  Any of those schools get hit with graduation or have solid jv years recently?

Tipton only returns 5-6 starters. They will be starting a lot of Juniors and sophomores next year. Juniors to be are a very talented class but outside of a few are inexperienced. Should be average/solid this year and then really good again the following year. 

8 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

36 looks to be pretty competitive in my eyes as well.  Eastbrook would obviously be the favorite.  But Tipton, Blackford, Eastern (Greentown), and Lapel all have had strong records of late.  Any of those schools get hit with graduation or have solid jv years recently?

Tipton only returns 5-6 starters. They will be starting a lot of Juniors and sophomores next year. Juniors to be are a very talented class but outside of a few are inexperienced. Should be average/solid this year and then really good again the following year. 

11 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

You can say that again.  

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Longgreenline82 said:

You would be correct. Lose HUGE offensively with both backs, QB, receiver, several lineman, and defensively lose quite a bit. Going to be a long year of rebuilding for the Lions...

I have faith in the coaching staff to develop athletes and get them game ready, I just wish there was more kids coming out in order to build depth.  It is the same story in a lot of places, many kids don't want to put in the work.

• Like 2

Have no idea what Luers have coming back from last year, but whenever they are in 2A they seem to be almost always in contention to win it.  

How good is Andrean going to be?  

Edited by XStar

On 5/6/2019 at 10:56 AM, jakone said:

Luers loses a lot off good talent including Knapke and Presley, if they win 2a I'll be shocked.

I was thinking the same thing.  Now, last year they would have been close...

On 5/6/2019 at 10:56 AM, jakone said:

Luers loses a lot off good talent including Knapke and Presley, if they win 2a I'll be shocked.

Much depends on the talent they have and will have, along with the willingness to learn and grow.  Correct me if I am wrong, but the 1999 state champion team struggled during the regular season due to  youth.  It was the first varsity year for Anthony Spencer and the Great Eight.

They lost three regular season games on the field.  If I remember correctly, they were toe to toe with Snider that year.  

From http://ifca.zebras.net/ifca/candler/region3/luers.htm

1999 (13-2,7-2) Class 2A State Champ
 -----------------------------------------------
 Aug 20  *FW NORTHROP............  7-36 L       
 Aug 27  *FW WAYNE............... 20-7  W       
 Sep 03  *at FW South Side.......  7-26 W F      
 Sep 10  *at Harding............. 23-12 W       
 Sep 17  *at FW North Side....... 27-0  W       
 Sep 24  *at FW Dwenger.......... 30-10 W       
 Oct 01  *FW SNIDER.............. 10-14 L       
 Oct 08  *at Elmhurst............ 67-0  W       
 Oct 15  *FW CONCORDIA........... 42-12 W       
 Oct 22   HERITAGE............... 35-7  W       
 Oct 29   at Harding............. 14-6  W       
 Nov 05   WOODLAN................ 41-13 W       
 Nov 12   at Jimtown.............  7-0  W       
 Nov 19   at Eastbrook........... 35-8  W       
 Nov 26   vs Danville............ 38-7  W       
 F- Forfeit win to Luers
7 hours ago, LuersLurker said:

Much depends on the talent they have and will have, along with the willingness to learn and grow.  Correct me if I am wrong, but the 1999 state champion team struggled during the regular season due to  youth.  It was the first varsity year for Anthony Spencer and the Great Eight.

5 hours ago, Robert said:

They lost three regular season games on the field.  If I remember correctly, they were toe to toe with Snider that year.  

From http://ifca.zebras.net/ifca/candler/region3/luers.htm

1999 (13-2,7-2) Class 2A State Champ
 -----------------------------------------------
 Aug 20  *FW NORTHROP............  7-36 L       
 Aug 27  *FW WAYNE............... 20-7  W       
 Sep 03  *at FW South Side.......  7-26 W F      
 Sep 10  *at Harding............. 23-12 W       
 Sep 17  *at FW North Side....... 27-0  W       
 Sep 24  *at FW Dwenger.......... 30-10 W       
 Oct 01  *FW SNIDER.............. 10-14 L       
 Oct 08  *at Elmhurst............ 67-0  W       
 Oct 15  *FW CONCORDIA........... 42-12 W       
 Oct 22   HERITAGE............... 35-7  W       
 Oct 29   at Harding............. 14-6  W       
 Nov 05   WOODLAN................ 41-13 W       
 Nov 12   at Jimtown.............  7-0  W       
 Nov 19   at Eastbrook........... 35-8  W       
 Nov 26   vs Danville............ 38-7  W       
 F- Forfeit win to Luers

My brain has been away from Luers too long. 

Luers looses alot of talent from last year's team. They do have  some good talent returning; that is if they can get the kids to come out for the team, with that being said, Luers will have alot of inexperience and many holes to fill this year. State championships this year, I say no. I say make they will make it to regionals and maybe semi-state.