Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1-3a turf fields

23 minutes ago, CoachHag said:

Is there a break down anywhere on how many 1-3a teams have turf fields?  I'm also curious about how many from the north vs south have turf fields.

Yep. Just request access to my document and it will show you the whole state broken down by sectional. 

8 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

@btownqbcoach kept a list. There was a thread somewhere that has gotten shuffled to a later page. 

Found it:

I had to get a new username btw. Did everything I could to login to the old one. Wouldn't work. 

The School Corps can do a Bond against property taxes.  As assessed property values go up it helps to eat away at the Bond.  The average home owner typically sees something less than $5.00 on that first tax bill.  Farmers get hit a little harder than that.

The scuttlebutt in FW is that the NEW Superintendent of FWCS is all about have ALL 4 HS fields turfed ASAP!  He doesn't understand the delay in not going forward.  

As I said before, FW Wayne has 'jumped' FW South and is getting Field Turf after this season.  But there is a possibility that South/North and Wayne may all get Field Turf before next season.  

Is there a possibility that talk will again start on FW Snider getting their own field?  

18 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

The scuttlebutt in FW is that the NEW Superintendent of FWCS is all about have ALL 4 HS fields turfed ASAP!  He doesn't understand the delay in not going forward.  

As I said before, FW Wayne has 'jumped' FW South and is getting Field Turf after this season.  But there is a possibility that South/North and Wayne may all get Field Turf before next season.  

Is there a possibility that talk will again start on FW Snider getting their own field?  

I have Snider marked as having turf. Who do they share a field with? And who's field is it? 

21 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Poor little ole Luers will be only school in the SAC without turf.

1 hour ago, jakone said:

Poor little ole Luers will be only school in the SAC without turf.

Nothing wrong with grass ... or at least a well-maintained grass field.  As a player and coach I loved playing on grass although I will admit from an administrator and maintenance standpoint, turf does have benefits of avoiding late-night painting sessions and the AD calling the youth program director and telling them "No games this weekend as we play at home first round of tourney next week and it's raining."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Talks are in the works..ziembo is open to having discussions of adding their own field..currently across the street from Luers..man it looks good...when its not raining!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Talks are in the works..ziembo is open to having discussions of adding their own field..currently across the street from Luers..man it looks good...when its not raining!!

I really wish that years ago, that Lahmeyer Rd. site (project) would have been better explained to the neighborhood, and moved forward.  

A "sunken field" with (by now Field Turf) of their own, would have been a wonderful thing.  Lights barely above the horizon....

The only upside to the 2021 Playoff draw, is that one school (Northrop or Snider) gets exclusive use of Spuller Stadium after Round One.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CoachHag said:

Thanks.  I'm curious how places like Edgewood, Wabash, and Southmont get ahold of the $ to do this.

Southmont I am sure Nucor assisted in getting it.

21 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

South Monts has farm money. 

Nucor Steel Mill Money, Donnie... 

17 hours ago, foxbat said:

Nothing wrong with grass ... or at least a well-maintained grass field.  As a player and coach I loved playing on grass although I will admit from an administrator and maintenance standpoint, turf does have benefits of avoiding late-night painting sessions and the AD calling the youth program director and telling them "No games this weekend as we play at home first round of tourney next week and it's raining."

I love grass.  You should never pass on grass...

14 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Southmont I am sure Nucor assisted in getting it.

Nucor Steel Mill Money, Donnie... 

They needed it. If I remember correctly, that grass field was notorious for getting in bad shape quickly if it rained.

19 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

It's evil, wicked, mean and nasty.

Might need to change your dealer ... especially if it's Carl. 😀

Oh, I'm sorry, you meant the grass on the field ...

• Haha 1

Although I have no idea what it costs no install a turf field, it's probably not free.  Therefore , a lot of rural schools with limited budgets and the lack of a benefactor may have trouble footing the bill.  You can only have so many bake sales...

4 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Although I have no idea what it costs no install a turf field, it's probably not free.  Therefore , a lot of rural schools with limited budgets and the lack of a benefactor may have trouble footing the bill.  You can only have so many bake sales...

I thougjt all farmers were rich... 😉