Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6a and 5a Sectional Assignments

Initial thoughts: Lafayette schools have to be happy. Jeff avoids any Indy schools until Semi State. Harrison doesn’t have it easy with Decatur Central and Plainfield but they’ll take that over Zionsville any day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central got the very short end of the stick here. I don't see the Warriors winning state until 2024

How? Cakewalk sectional then a CG with massive talent losses in regionals is all they could ever ask for. Dodging Cathedral/Ben Davis until Semi State

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central got the very short end of the stick here. I don't see the Warriors winning state until 2024

Warren’s JV could win that sectional annually.

Not sure they could WIN it, but CG’s JV could make a run in sectional 8 too.

Edited by temptation

Sectional 1 - Someone not named Merrillville............Love it!

Sectional 3 - should give Temptation and I something to banter over for old times sake. 

Sectional 2 - what's not to love? Carroll, Warsaw, Penn, and Elkhart. If that's not a crapshoot, I don't know what is. 

Sectional 4 - Carmel vs Westfield in the opening round. Not sure whether to laugh or cry. Seeding anyone?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, BTF said:

Class 5a - Does the south's six year reign come to an end finally? Vegas odds say yes. 

It’s actually a three year or a five year run depending on how you look at it. It’s three years if you count New Palestine in 2018 as a southern team even though they played in the northern semi-state. If not, it’s five years.

2016: Westfield (North)

2017: Columbus East (South)

2018: New Palestine (North)

2019: New Palestine (South)

2020: Cathedral (South)

2021: Cathedral (South)

15 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

It’s actually a three year or a five year run depending on how you look at it. It’s three years if you count New Palestine in 2018 as a southern team even though they played in the northern semi-state. If not, it’s five years.

2016: Westfield (North)

2017: Columbus East (South)

2018: New Palestine (North)

2019: New Palestine (South)

2020: Cathedral (South)

2021: Cathedral (South)

Thanks for the heads up! It's natural for me to consider anyone south of Carmel "from the south."

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 9:15 PM, BTF said:

Sectional 3 - should give Temptation and I something to banter over for old times sake. 

Sectional 2 - what's not to love? Carroll, Warsaw, Penn, and Elkhart. If that's not a crapshoot, I don't know what is. 

Sectional 4 - Carmel vs Westfield in the opening round. Not sure whether to laugh or cry. Seeding anyone?

Still boring to me unless someone else breaks through.

I’ll place my money on 6 of the final 8 teams remaining being within a 20 minute drive of monument circle…until proven otherwise.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

I’ll place my money on 6 of the final 8 teams remaining being within a 20 minute drive of monument circle…until proven otherwise.

Well, you're spotted the first five as it is almost a lock to have sectionals 4-8 deliver.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Still waiting on Homestead.  Been hearing for far too long they are on the cusp.

Valid. Homestead will be good, they are every year. But will they be 2019/2020 good or 2021 good. There's a difference. The quality they put on the field in 2019/2020 puts them in a good position unless HSE puts together one of there better teams in recent memory. Homestead's chances go way up without Carmel or Westfield in the mix. That being said, I'll still roll with the HCC based on recent history................for now anyway. 

42 minutes ago, BTF said:

Valid. Homestead will be good, they are every year. But will they be 2019/2020 good or 2021 good. There's a difference. The quality they put on the field in 2019/2020 puts them in a good position unless HSE puts together one of there better teams in recent memory. Homestead's chances go way up without Carmel or Westfield in the mix. That being said, I'll still roll with the HCC based on recent history................for now anyway. 

They’ve been “Allen County good” for sometime now but I think last year proved that the new hires at Fishers/HSE didn’t really get a fair shot during the Covid pandemic and I think both of those programs are on the rise.

It’ll be a tough road for the Spartans.

Edited by temptation

3 hours ago, temptation said:

They’ve been “Allen County good” for sometime now but I think last year proved that the new hires at Fishers/HSE didn’t really get a fair shot during the Covid pandemic and I think both of those programs are on the rise.

It’ll be a tough road for the Spartans.

Agree, It'll be fun to watch though. I'm old school I guess. Fort Wayne was once superior over the HCC, thinking they might get back to that level is probably a pipe dream. Suburban Indy is just growing to big for anyone to keep up. 

On 5/4/2022 at 8:15 PM, BTF said:

Now merrillville gets to go win the 5A state title and he 2nd best team in state! Unless they are the only undefeated;) 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Now merrillville gets to go win the 5A state title and he 2nd best team in state! Unless they are the only undefeated;) 

There ya go............nothin stoppin those Pirates now!

14 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Ladies and Gents, it had to happen sooner or later......  Welcome Cody Parkhurst to the GID.

• Haha 9

43 minutes ago, roaringthunderdlr said:

Is merrillville vs decatur a lock for 5A state?

Valpo and Michigan City certainly will have something to say about that. We’ll see how Merrillville is this year, losing some talent. DC has a much easier path, south is pretty weak. I agree they’re both probably the 2 favorites