• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Sectional Assignments

1 minute ago, RingLeader said:

Pioneer moved up for 2019/2020

2019 lost sectional

2020 won regional

2021 lost sectional 

IHSAA couldn’t reclassify after 2020 due to covid so my understanding is that year was thrown out

so 2019 & 2021 did not earn any points to stay up. 

That's possible, but given that, LCC earned:

• 2019 won state in 1A
  • 2020 won regional in 1A
  • 2021 bumped to 2A ... won sectional in 2A

If 2020 didn't count for anything, then LCC would have had four points in 1A in 2019 and no points in 2020 and would not have met the threshold for being bumped to 2A.  Nonetheless, they were bumped to 2A after the 2020 season.  They won a sectional in 2021 in 2A, garnering only a single point, but still remain in 2A.  Somehow, 2020 counted ... at least for some teams.  And just to confuse matters more, look at Chatard:

• 2019 won state in 3A
  • 2020 won state in 3A
  • 2021 bumped to 4A ... lost in sectional championship

Chatard, like Pioneer, also went down to their original class.  And given that, like LCC, Chatard got bumped up to the next higher class on reaching the 6+ points to move up a class, and these came in 2020, it would suggest that 2020 had to count for something otherwise LCC and Chatard would not have garnered enough points to move up a class. 

Given the similarities in LCC and Chatard, the 2019/2020 seasons to bump up a class, and the similarities in Chatard and Pioneer, neither won a sectional in 2021, the only way I can see the numbers working to justify the bumps for LCC and Chatard, the drops for Chatard and Pioneer, and the remainder in 2A for LCC is a cockeyed approach to the application of the 2021 season and treating the outcome as a "double season."  In essence, Pioneer and Chatard scored zero points in 2021, times 2, gives them zero points for assessment.  LCC gets the 1 point in 2A, which normally would not be enough to stay up in an assessment period, but multiplied by 2 gives them 2 points and they stay in 2A.

8 hours ago, foxbat said:

That's possible, but given that, LCC earned:

• 2019 won state in 1A
  • 2020 won regional in 1A
  • 2021 bumped to 2A ... won sectional in 2A

If 2020 didn't count for anything, then LCC would have had four points in 1A in 2019 and no points in 2020 and would not have met the threshold for being bumped to 2A.  Nonetheless, they were bumped to 2A after the 2020 season.  They won a sectional in 2021 in 2A, garnering only a single point, but still remain in 2A.  Somehow, 2020 counted ... at least for some teams.  And just to confuse matters more, look at Chatard:

• 2019 won state in 3A
  • 2020 won state in 3A
  • 2021 bumped to 4A ... lost in sectional championship

Chatard, like Pioneer, also went down to their original class.  And given that, like LCC, Chatard got bumped up to the next higher class on reaching the 6+ points to move up a class, and these came in 2020, it would suggest that 2020 had to count for something otherwise LCC and Chatard would not have garnered enough points to move up a class. 

Given the similarities in LCC and Chatard, the 2019/2020 seasons to bump up a class, and the similarities in Chatard and Pioneer, neither won a sectional in 2021, the only way I can see the numbers working to justify the bumps for LCC and Chatard, the drops for Chatard and Pioneer, and the remainder in 2A for LCC is a cockeyed approach to the application of the 2021 season and treating the outcome as a "double season."  In essence, Pioneer and Chatard scored zero points in 2021, times 2, gives them zero points for assessment.  LCC gets the 1 point in 2A, which normally would not be enough to stay up in an assessment period, but multiplied by 2 gives them 2 points and they stay in 2A.

Wouldn't it be great if the IHSAA issued a statement explaining the situation?  Obviously nobody knows why Pioneer is now down along with Chatard.  It also seems that no one has a clue as to why LCC is up in 2A.  Heck, Pioneer has been in 2A, back down to 1A, aligned in Sectional 34 in 2A, and the realigned into a 1A sectional...all in a 4 week span. So does the IHSAA even know why?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Punttheball said:

Wouldn't it be great if the IHSAA issued a statement explaining the situation?  Obviously nobody knows why Pioneer is now down along with Chatard.  It also seems that no one has a clue as to why LCC is up in 2A.  Heck, Pioneer has been in 2A, back down to 1A, aligned in Sectional 34 in 2A, and the realigned into a 1A sectional...all in a 4 week span. So does the IHSAA even know why?

I was under the impression that Pioneer and Southridge were in the same boat in regards to SF points? (Both winning a regional in 2020 and nothing in 2021). We were told, regardless of what happened with our enrollment, that we were remaining up due to SF. 

Guess they changed their mind? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jets said:

I was under the impression that Pioneer and Southridge were in the same boat in regards to SF points? (Both winning a regional in 2020 and nothing in 2021). We were told, regardless of what happened with our enrollment, that we were remaining up due to SF. 

What I am hearing, is the sectional win by LCC kept them up!

15 hours ago, tango said:

LOL. No surprises in our sectional. Did you notice your buddy from the Y finally acknowledged a secular path is easier?

LOL...he should know that as long as the P&Ps are allowed to participate in the wrong class it will always be that way.

Interesting observation,  based on Sagarin's end of year numbers sectional 30 now has 3 teams that were in the top 13 for 3A.  Sectional 32 only has 1.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

What I am hearing, is the sectional win by LCC kept them up!

So a change in rules?  One point in an assessment period normally doesn't keep you up nor does one point in a season.  As you stated above, it'd be nice to hear a clarification from the IHSAA just so folks have an idea of whether there's a process or just shooting from the hip.  And yes, I just heard that as it came out of my mouth with regard to the IHSAA. 🙂

d. If a school which has participated in a higher enrollment class during the previous reclassification
period achieves a tournament series success point value of Two (2), Three (3), Four (4) or Five (5)
points in a specific sport, such school shall remain in the same enrollment class in that sport for the
next reclassification period. The foregoing notwithstanding, if there is a change in the school’s
enrollment which would result in the school being placed in a higher enrollment class than the
enrollment class dictated by this section, then in that circumstance the school shall be placed in the
enrollment class determined by the school’s enrollment for the next reclassification period.

e. If a school which has participated in a higher enrollment class during the previous reclassification
period achieves a tournament series success point value of One (1) point or less in a specific sport,
such school shall be placed in the classification immediately below the classification previously
occupied for the next reclassification period.

2A South Needs to be redone! It has been stated on the GID in a previous topic that 2A south should be a done deal. That post did not take into account how bad the IHSAA is at Geography. 

Here is how the 2A South should be aligned: 

37- Cascade, Christel House, Greencastle, Indianapolis Cardinal Ritter, Indianapolis Scecina Memorial, North Putnam, South Vermillion & Southmont

38- Eastern Hancock, Heritage Christian, Lapel, Northeastern, Shenandoah, Triton Central, Union County & Winchester

39- Brown County, Brownstown Central, Clarksville, Crawford County, Eastern {Pekin}, Mitchell, Paoli & Switzerland County

40- Evansville Mater Dei, Forest Park, Linton-Stockton, North Knox, North Posey, Perry Central, Sullivan & Tell City
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, qbcoach13 said:

2A South Needs to be redone! It has been stated on the GID in a previous topic that 2A south should be a done deal. That post did not take into account how bad the IHSAA is at Geography. 

As it currently sits, Scecina may play a sectional game in Louisville

Edited by irishuncle411

1 hour ago, jets said:

I don’t know if it matters, but it looks like Southridge would have bumped regardless of success due to enrollment. This would leave Pioneer as the only team in the state affected by the 2020 points. 

As others have pointed out the IHSAA needs to provide an explanation on what’s going on. If there is this much confusion why not just wipe the success factor slate clean and restart with this cycle to get aligned?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, tango said:

Wow. If GS ever loses a game in that sectional there ought to be an investigation. 

Agreed. Could be a positive or negative depending how you look at it, but GS will be able to play a majority of their sectional games with their backups/JV team. Keeps them fresh and healthy but also could limit the starter reps. Either way, they will be heavy heavy favorites to win their sectional for years to come. MV Posey will be competitive with them this season and maybe in the near future, but that's really it. And oddly enough, GS now has the chance to see HH or Southridge in either regionals or semi-state (not sure which it would be off the top of my head) if those teams make runs. Interesting, if not confusing, realignment there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I don’t know if it matters, but it looks like Southridge would have bumped regardless of success due to enrollment. This would leave Pioneer as the only team in the state affected by the 2020 points. 

As others have pointed out the IHSAA needs to provide an explanation on what’s going on. If there is this much confusion why not just wipe the success factor slate clean and restart with this cycle to get aligned?

Way to logical my friend! You are way ahead of your time as it relates to IHSAA business.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, qbcoach13 said:

Here is how the 2A South should be aligned: 

37- Cascade, Christel House, Greencastle, Indianapolis Cardinal Ritter, Indianapolis Scecina Memorial, North Putnam, South Vermillion & Southmont

38- Eastern Hancock, Heritage Christian, Lapel, Northeastern, Shenandoah, Triton Central, Union County & Winchester

39- Brown County, Brownstown Central, Clarksville, Crawford County, Eastern {Pekin}, Mitchell, Paoli & Switzerland County

40- Evansville Mater Dei, Forest Park, Linton-Stockton, North Knox, North Posey, Perry Central, Sullivan & Tell City

Yeah this wasn't difficult at all. And they completely botched it lol 

16 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Looking at the brackets 

6A: Pretty much as I expected. Two schools had to go north, and HSE/Fishers being paired with the two Fort Wayne schools made a lot of sense because of their proximity to I-69. 

5A: Again, a pretty easy map. The big question was which pairs would go with which in the south. IHSAA opted to put THS/THN with Whiteland/Franklin and BHSN/BHSS with East/Seymour. I'd have flipped the Johnson County & Bloomington schools and created an I-65 sectional and a SR 46 one, but the IHSAA was clearly looking at latitude instead of longitude. 

4A: The big question was, who was going to go into Sectional 23, which was going to be a spread-out mess no matter who got sent there. The big question was which schools would go into 23 and which into 22 among EC, Connersville, Shelbyville, Beech Grove and Greenwood. Again, the IHSAA went with latitude - East Central to Edgewood to Silver Creek to Greenwood is going to be a doozy but there was really no way around it. A bit of a surprise to see Logansport go north and Huntington North go south. Sectional 20 is largely centered around SR 26 but Frankfort to Jay County or Frankfort to Huntington will be a bit of a haul. Frankfort was likely going to go into that field because there was no place else where it would fit. 

3A: A few surprises that make a lot of geographic sense - West Lafayette in Sectional 25, Chatard in Sectional 28 (which was clearly created as a US 31 sectional) and thus in the north.  It's a good map as you see the fourth northern sectionals are all centered around major highways (25 - I-65, 26-Toll Road, 27-I-69, 28-US 31), but somewhat surprised Delta/Yorktown go up to Fort Wayne instead of Oak Hill/Tippecanoe Valley. 

In the south, West Vigo & Owen Valley being sent to Evansville while Southridge/Heritage Hills get sent to southeastern Indiana is a bit interesting. What I might have done is leave Southridge/HH in southwestern Indiana, put WV/OV in with Monrovia and Crawfordsville and move Purdue Poly/Speedway into Sectional 31 (likely bumping SD/Lawrenceburg to 32). But you can see the mapmakers really considered travel and major highway corridors - Lawrenceburg/SD with schools along I-74, WV/OV moved south because they are on US 41/SR 67, Southridge/HH are close to I-64 and thus it's fairly easy to access the Louisville area. 

2A: Really makes a lot of sense when you look at the map. The sectionals are about as compact as they can be and the dividing lines are sensible. 

1A: As compact and sensible as 2A is, 1A is one of the weirdest maps the IHSAA has ever put out. Park Tudor and Gary Bowman could play in the same regional? Sectionals 41 & 42 aren't geographically contiguous. The sectional fields themselves largely make sense, although I would've flipped Sheridan and Park Tudor to make those two sectional fields more geographically contiguous. The change I would've made is the regional round - Sectionals 41 & 43 should be together, 44 and 45 should be paired together, as well as 42 with 46. 

Here are the maps, with each sectional color-coded (the northwest regional in reds, the northeast regional in oranges, the central regional in blue/green and the south regional in black/gray): https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1O6J1oaoKWSgPWgPhsL7-eng1-_vqyqEr&usp=sharing

2A South is incredibly poorly done. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Agreed. Could be a positive or negative depending how you look at it, but GS will be able to play a majority of their sectional games with their backups/JV team. Keeps them fresh and healthy but also could limit the starter reps. Either way, they will be heavy heavy favorites to win their sectional for years to come. MV Posey will be competitive with them this season and maybe in the near future, but that's really it. And oddly enough, GS now has the chance to see HH or Southridge in either regionals or semi-state (not sure which it would be off the top of my head) if those teams make runs. Interesting, if not confusing, realignment there.

I think HH will now be the only team in their sectional with a top 13 - 3A rating from last years final Sagarin ratings.  My guess is they aren't complaining about the new alignment either.  They believe they are on the first year of a 3 or 4 year continual uptick, so guessing no complaints over there.

2 hours ago, jets said:

Pioneer won a regional in 2020. I don't know why they went back to 1A, unless the IHSAA just decided to apply only SF points earned last year to keep them on the same plane as LCC & Chatard. 

Southridge was moving up to 3A due to enrollment no matter what happened with the Success Factor. 

5 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Pioneer won a regional in 2020. I don't know why they went back to 1A, unless the IHSAA just decided to apply only SF points earned last year to keep them on the same plane as LCC & Chatard. 

Southridge was moving up to 3A due to enrollment no matter what happened with the Success Factor. 

I understand that we were moving up because of enrollment - but when that was "still in the air" - it was communicated that we would be staying up because of SF. 

In fact, believe it was you crimsonace1 that said as much. So why the change? 

29 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Not so fast... last i checked sectional 34 was still a 2a sectional   which is what Pioneer is in

Class 1A (63 Schools)
41. (8) Bowman Academy, Culver Community, North Judson-San Pierre, North Newton, Pioneer, South Central (Union
Mills), South Newton, Triton

42. (8): Attica, Clinton Central, Clinton Prairie, Covington, Fountain Central, North Vermillion, Park Tudor, Traders Point
Christian

43. (8): Carroll (Flora), Caston, Frontier, North White, Taylor, Tri-Central, Tri-County, West Central
44. (8): Adams Central, Fremont, Madison-Grant, North Miami, Northfield, South Adams, Southern Wells, Southwood

https://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick resources/Enrollments & Classifications/2022-23 2023-24/2022-23 2023-24 Football Assignments.pdf

Edited by foxbat
  • Like 1

Class 2A SOUTHERN FOOTBALL SECTIONALS

When you look at a map there are 16 teams in the south, 8 teams in the southeast {sectional 39 below} and 8 teams in the southwest {sectional 40 below}, which would have been two perfect geographical based sectionals.  Then sectional 37 would have been Indianapolis then to the West, while sectional 38 would have been Indianapolis then to the East. Both sectional 37 & 38 would also have been better geographically which I describe later on. 
This would NOT affect the 4 northern sectionals.

CLASS 2A SOUTHERN SECTIONALS BASED ON GEOGRAPHY

Sectional 40- was an easy adjustment, why was it changed??
        a} Past 3 years Linton-Stockton & North Knox have been in sectional 40, why move them to sectional 37?
        b} South Spencer dropped to 1A, Sullivan dropped to 2A, easy switch, put Sullivan in Sectional 40. They have been in Sectional 40 before.
        c} Perry Central moved up to 2A- they are farther west then Crawford County, Perry Central in sectional 40 and move Crawford County to 39.

Approved Sectionals
Instead of what's listed above the Class 2A sectional 39 that was approved, has one team on the Ohio River {Switzerland County}, plus Eastern, Clarksville and Brownstown Central having to drive to Indianapolis {Scecina Memorial HS, Christel House HS & Triton Central HS} instead of being in the same sectional as Paoli, Mitchell & Crawford County. To be honest, this does not make any sense to us? 

Listed below are different mileage Comparison for sectionals 37, 38, 39 & 40

1} Approved Sectional 39
    a} Brownstown Central - 
        to Scecina Memorial 77 miles
         to Christel House 71 miles,      
         to Triton Central  68 miles

b} Clarksville - 
         to Scecina Memorial 114 miles, 
         to Christel House 107 miles,
         to Triton Central  104 miles

c}  Eastern
        to Scecina Memorial 113 miles
        to Christel House 108 miles
        to Triton Central  105 miles

d} Switzerland County- 
       to Scecina Memorial 105 miles
        to Triton Central  88 miles

2} Geographical based sectional 39 that's listed above- 
    All 4 schools are considerably closer to Crawford Co, Mitchell & Paoli then to Scecina Memorial, Christel House & Triton Central
   a} Brownstown Central 
       to Crawford County 62 miles       
       to Paoli  43 miles                    
       to Mitchell  36 miles

b} Clarksville                    
      to Crawford County 43 miles      
      to Paoli  48 miles                    
      to Mitchell  56 miles

c} Eastern                       
       to Crawford County 38 miles      
       to Paoli  32 miles                   
       to Mitchell  35 miles

d} Switzerland County     
       to Crawford County 112 miles     
       to Paoli   84 miles                   
       to Mitchell 86 miles

3} Mileage Comparison For Scecina Memorial in sectional 37 listed above instead of approved sectional 39- 
    All schools are closer to Scecina (and Christel House) in this sectional 37- then the approved sectional 39
    to South Vermillion  98 miles      
    to Southmont 55 miles
    to North Putnam 52 miles
    to Greencastle 48 miles
    to Cascade 36 miles

4} Mileage Comparison for Triton Central in sectional 38 listed above instead of approved sectional 39- 
    All schools are closer to Triton Central in this sectional 38- then the approved sectional 39
   to Winchester 85 miles
   to Northeastern  85 miles
   to Union County 60 miles
   to Shenandoah 46 miles
   to Lapel  45 miles
  to Eastern Hancock 29 Miles

5} Mileage Comparison - Geographical based sectional 40, compared with approved sectional 39- 
    All 3 schools have less travel in Sectional 40- then Brownstown Central, Clarksville, Eastern & Switzerland County have in approved 39.
   Sullivan -        
    to Perry Central 101 miles       
    to Forest Park  80 miles     
    to North Posey  79 miles   
    to Mater Dei 87 miles

Linton-           
    to Perry Central  91 miles       
    to Forest Park  69 miles   
     to North Posey  83 miles     
     to Mater Dei 98 miles

North Knox-   
    to Perry Central  82 miles      
    to Forest Park  60 miles  
    to North Posey   65 miles     
    to Mater Dei 73 miles

In conclusion, over the past few months the IHSAA has made some changes in regards to mistakes made in enrollment classifications (with the private schools) and the success factor (with Pioneer).  Hopefully they will take the time to look over the approved Class 2A sectional assignments and realize that there is a better geographical way to align the south. With inflation and the rise in gas prices it would benefit all schools to align the sectionals based on geography.

Reed May
Head Football Coach
Brownstown Central HS

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

I think HH will now be the only team in their sectional with a top 13 - 3A rating from last years final Sagarin ratings.  My guess is they aren't complaining about the new alignment either.  They believe they are on the first year of a 3 or 4 year continual uptick, so guessing no complaints over there.

I think it is beneficial for the 3 heavy hitters in the PAC that HH, GS, Memorial (in 4A so doesn't matter) and Southridge are spread out a little bit.  Mount Vernon is the only team that has a hope of competing with GS in that sectional and that is only if they have the increase that we all keep hearing about.  As for us, Southridge is our oldest and most competitive rival (historically speaking) so that is always fun.....but not much else in the sectional.  Charlestown can get a decent team together from time to time, not sure about lately.  Last time, I think (not sure), we played Charlestown in sectional was in 2014 when we lost to the eventual state winner Tri West in semi state.  They were decent that year--my memory may be messed up on that.  

I'm happy with this realignment....not that anyone cares.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coachmay said:
Class 2A SOUTHERN FOOTBALL SECTIONALS

When you look at a map there are 16 teams in the south, 8 teams in the southeast {sectional 39 below} and 8 teams in the southwest {sectional 40 below}, which would have been two perfect geographical based sectionals.  Then sectional 37 would have been Indianapolis then to the West, while sectional 38 would have been Indianapolis then to the East. Both sectional 37 & 38 would also have been better geographically which I describe later on. 
This would NOT affect the 4 northern sectionals.

CLASS 2A SOUTHERN SECTIONALS BASED ON GEOGRAPHY

Sectional 40- was an easy adjustment, why was it changed??
        a} Past 3 years Linton-Stockton & North Knox have been in sectional 40, why move them to sectional 37?
        b} South Spencer dropped to 1A, Sullivan dropped to 2A, easy switch, put Sullivan in Sectional 40. They have been in Sectional 40 before.
        c} Perry Central moved up to 2A- they are farther west then Crawford County, Perry Central in sectional 40 and move Crawford County to 39.

Approved Sectionals
Instead of what's listed above the Class 2A sectional 39 that was approved, has one team on the Ohio River {Switzerland County}, plus Eastern, Clarksville and Brownstown Central having to drive to Indianapolis {Scecina Memorial HS, Christel House HS & Triton Central HS} instead of being in the same sectional as Paoli, Mitchell & Crawford County. To be honest, this does not make any sense to us? 

Listed below are different mileage Comparison for sectionals 37, 38, 39 & 40

1} Approved Sectional 39
    a} Brownstown Central - 
        to Scecina Memorial 77 miles
         to Christel House 71 miles,      
         to Triton Central  68 miles

b} Clarksville - 
         to Scecina Memorial 114 miles, 
         to Christel House 107 miles,
         to Triton Central  104 miles

c}  Eastern
        to Scecina Memorial 113 miles
        to Triton Central  105 miles

d} Switzerland County- 
       to Scecina Memorial 105 miles
        to Triton Central  88 miles

2} Geographical based sectional 39 that's listed above- 
    All 4 schools are considerably closer to Crawford Co, Mitchell & Paoli then to Scecina Memorial, Christel House & Triton Central
   a} Brownstown Central 
       to Crawford County 62 miles       
       to Paoli  43 miles                    
       to Mitchell  36 miles

b} Clarksville                    
      to Crawford County 43 miles      
      to Paoli  48 miles                    
      to Mitchell  56 miles

c} Eastern                       
       to Crawford County 38 miles      
       to Paoli  32 miles                   
       to Mitchell  35 miles

d} Switzerland County     
       to Crawford County 112 miles     
       to Paoli   84 miles                   
       to Mitchell 86 miles

3} Mileage Comparison For Scecina Memorial in sectional 37 listed above instead of approved sectional 39- 
    All schools are closer to Scecina (and Christel House) in this sectional 37- then the approved sectional 39
    to South Vermillion  98 miles      
    to Southmont 55 miles
    to North Putnam 52 miles
    to Greencastle 48 miles
    to Cascade 36 miles

4} Mileage Comparison for Triton Central in sectional 38 listed above instead of approved sectional 39- 
    All schools are closer to Triton Central in this sectional 38- then the approved sectional 39
   to Winchester 85 miles
   to Northeastern  85 miles
   to Union County 60 miles
   to Shenandoah 46 miles
   to Lapel  45 miles
  to Eastern Hancock 29 Miles

5} Mileage Comparison - Geographical based sectional 40, compared with approved sectional 39- 
    All 3 schools have less travel in Sectional 40- then Brownstown Central, Clarksville, Eastern & Switzerland County have in approved 39.
   Sullivan -        
    to Perry Central 101 miles       
    to Forest Park  80 miles     
    to North Posey  79 miles   
    to Mater Dei 87 miles

Linton-           
    to Perry Central  91 miles       
    to Forest Park  69 miles   
     to North Posey  83 miles     
     to Mater Dei 98 miles

North Knox-   
    to Perry Central  82 miles      
    to Forest Park  60 miles  
    to North Posey   65 miles     
    to Mater Dei 73 miles

In conclusion, over the past few months the IHSAA has made some changes in regards to mistakes made in enrollment classifications (with the private schools) and the success factor (with Pioneer).  Hopefully they will take the time to look over the approved Class 2A sectional assignments and realize that there is a better geographical way to align the south. With inflation and the rise in gas prices it would benefit all schools to align the sectionals based on geography.

Reed May
Head Football Coach
Brownstown Central HS

Wow - good work there Coach. It is obvious you put a lot of time and thought into the above proposal. And, it makes a lot of sense geographically. 

I obviously can't speak for the IHSAA obviously - but perhaps they (the IHSAA) were focused more on "competitive balance" in different sectionals than based solely on geography? 

Not saying right or wrong either way and not intended to put down any programs- but maybe that's the angle they were trying for?