Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Outlook - 1A

11 hours ago, Thor77 said:

Are you saying SA only gets prestige for being associated with AC? Yes, AC in recent history has had our number, but we have also won three straight sectionals, 10+wins 3 straight years, 7+ wins for 6(?), and are still consistently ending games early. SA has earned the benefit of doubt for early poll placements. 

It pains me to say that SA has earned the benefit of the doubt for these early polls. The program has been consistently solid in the last several years. That being said, any early 1A poll with SA over North Judson is seriously flawed. Early polls mean absolutely nothing, though. It will all play itself out.

55 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

It pains me to say that SA has earned the benefit of the doubt for these early polls. The program has been consistently solid in the last several years. That being said, any early 1A poll with SA over North Judson is seriously flawed. Early polls mean absolutely nothing, though. It will all play itself out.

Why would that way of thinking be seriously flawed? AC put a running clock on North Judson last year by halftime, while the SA regional game was only 21-0 before the wheels completely fell off on the 4th quarter. 

The statements regarding SA on their ranking on basis to AC is incredibly arrogant based on SA’s body of with the past 5-6 years. 

26 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Why would that way of thinking be seriously flawed? AC put a running clock on North Judson last year by halftime, while the SA regional game was only 21-0 before the wheels completely fell off on the 4th quarter. 

The statements regarding SA on their ranking on basis to AC is incredibly arrogant based on SA’s body of with the past 5-6 years. 

I think it's seriously flawed based on what both teams return in 2022. The polls should be based on this year's teams and I don't think there's a chance SA would compete with North Judson this year.  North Judson returns most of their starters and SA lost Wanner and Schoch. 

I'm not sure what I said that would be considered arrogant. The comment by another poster about SA being ranked because of their association with AC can definitely be taken as arrogant, but nothing I said should offend you. I acknowledged SA has a solid program with consistent success, but I think another team deserves to be #3 over them. If ranking NJ ahead of SA simply because they have had really good seasons in the past is arrogant, then I'm guilty. I'd likely also put Park Tudor and Triton over SA (I'm sure you'll also be offended by that). The HNAC posters on GID are extremely confident in NJ (much more arrogant than anything I've said). If you're offended by my statements, then maybe the GID isn't for you.

50 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I think it's seriously flawed based on what both teams return in 2022. The polls should be based on this year's teams and I don't think there's a chance SA would compete with North Judson this year.  North Judson returns most of their starters and SA lost Wanner and Schoch. 

I'm not sure what I said that would be considered arrogant. The comment by another poster about SA being ranked because of their association with AC can definitely be taken as arrogant, but nothing I said should offend you. I acknowledged SA has a solid program with consistent success, but I think another team deserves to be #3 over them. If ranking NJ ahead of SA simply because they have had really good seasons in the past is arrogant, then I'm guilty. I'd likely also put Park Tudor and Triton over SA (I'm sure you'll also be offended by that). The HNAC posters on GID are extremely confident in NJ (much more arrogant than anything I've said). If you're offended by my statements, then maybe the GID isn't for you.

The arrogant statement I was referring to was the previous one, not so much anything you posted. Probably didn’t need to go in my reply to you. And absolutely nothing against North Judson, I agree they probably are better on paper than SA because of what was lost. I’m just fighting back on SA not being deserving, because that pissed me off. SA could be ranked third, could be ranked tenth, doesn’t matter to me. It’s being called out for not being deserving, especially someone suggesting it’s only a piggyback off AC. 

Also want to note SA still returned 7 on offense and 6 on defense, so it’s not like it’s a clean sweep of new guys. That doesn’t include one guy on each side of the ball with a start or two. And also returning a QB that threw for 1600 yards and 20 touchdowns as a sophomore. 

42 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

The arrogant statement I was referring to was the previous one, not so much anything you posted. Probably didn’t need to go in my reply to you. And absolutely nothing against North Judson, I agree they probably are better on paper than SA because of what was lost. I’m just fighting back on SA not being deserving, because that pissed me off. SA could be ranked third, could be ranked tenth, doesn’t matter to me. It’s being called out for not being deserving, especially someone suggesting it’s only a piggyback off AC. 

Also want to note SA still returned 7 on offense and 6 on defense, so it’s not like it’s a clean sweep of new guys. That doesn’t include one guy on each side of the ball with a start or two. And also returning a QB that threw for 1600 yards and 20 touchdowns as a sophomore. 

This will probably be the last 2 years AC & SA will be in 1A together in awhile. SA is definitely deserving of being ranked, but probably not quite at 3 but I'd say no lower than 6th. I'm ready for them to be in separate classes and hope they stay so for a long time. I'll have family playing for South Adams in 5 years or so and continue to help AC in youth in a much more limited role than previous due to my stepchildren being at Crestview in Ohio. I'd love to see all 3 Adams County schools in separate classes and hopefully family or friends/neighbors playing at all 3 and they all be highly successful. I dream of an all Adams County Black Friday in Indianapolis (if IHSAA ever follows through with pairing teams in same area on same championship day). Then traveling to a local Ohio turf field for a Saturday state semifinal that Saturday after Michigan whoops Ohio State!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thor77 said:

"You guys were only up 21-0 before shutting us out 41-0" doesn't help your argument.

Good thing these teams play on Sept 23rd so we can ask ourselves these questions after then with no excuses.

I can't believe the HNAC crowd hasn't been very active in this thread. From what I've seen on the HNAC threads, North Judson is all but a lock to make a trip to LOS. They should probably be #1 in the polls according to the things that I have read. 

Full disclosure, I'm fully aware that I'm baiting them into responding, but we need conversation that doesn't have to do with AC and SA. Also, I do think that NJ is very good.

11 minutes ago, 260AC said:

"You guys were only up 21-0 before shutting us out 41-0" doesn't help your argument.

Good thing these teams play on Sept 23rd so we can ask ourselves these questions after then with no excuses.

What excuses are you talking about? AC won twice last year, I’m just providing evidence that could possibly lead to SA over North Judson. I’m not saying SA over everybody, I’m just fighting back on your arrogance that our ranking is only piggy backing off AC. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I can't believe the HNAC crowd hasn't been very active in this thread. From what I've seen on the HNAC threads, North Judson is all but a lock to make a trip to LOS. They should probably be #1 in the polls according to the things that I have read. 

Full disclosure, I'm fully aware that I'm baiting them into responding, but we need conversation that doesn't have to do with AC and SA. Also, I do think that NJ is very good.

Hopefully NJ and Triton meet in the sectional final. Should be a good one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

You read a post from one fan thinking that NJ may go undefeated in conference. As for LOS, a guy from Rochester mentioned that he thought we may represent the north. 

Why exactly are you exaggerating these details? I can assure you that NJ has not yet crowned themselves state champs, or conference champs for that matter. 

15 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

The Bluejays have a solid team this year. As their young talent continues to grow they should be better than last year's team. However, they are fully aware that Triton and Pioneer are in their sectional. Triton is very talented and North Judson hasn't beaten Pioneer since 2008!!!

Plus, everyone knows that Adams Central is the true lock to make it back to state!!!😀

1 minute ago, FrankCostanza said:

You read a post from one fan thinking that NJ may go undefeated in conference. As for LOS, a guy from Rochester mentioned that he thought we may represent the north. 

Why exactly are you exaggerating these details? I can assure you that NJ has not yet crowned themselves state champs, or conference champs for that matter. 

I think it was sarcasm! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FrankCostanza said:

I'm mostly exaggerating the details to promote discussion outside of AC/SA arguments. It would be great to hear from schools from the south. It seems like there are a few schools that could represent the north in LOS, but is there anyone who can legitimately challenge Lutheran in the south?

3 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

The Bluejays have a solid team this year. As their young talent continues to grow they should be better than last year's team. However, they are fully aware that Triton and Pioneer are in their sectional. Triton is very talented and North Judson hasn't beaten Pioneer since 2008!!!

Plus, everyone knows that Adams Central is the true lock to make it back to state!!!😀

I'm a big fan of the brand of football that Triton plays and they have a bunch of kids who have played varsity ball for 2-3 years. I expect them to challenge North Judson. I do think NJ wins sectional 41 and will face off against Park Tudor in regional.

Who is the most likely to make it out of sectional 43? Carroll Flora???

2 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I'm mostly exaggerating the details to promote discussion outside of AC/SA arguments. It would be great to hear from schools from the south. It seems like there are a few schools that could represent the north in LOS, but is there anyone who can legitimately challenge Lutheran in the south?

Roncalli?

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

This will probably be the last 2 years AC & SA will be in 1A together in awhile. SA is definitely deserving of being ranked, but probably not quite at 3 but I'd say no lower than 6th. I'm ready for them to be in separate classes and hope they stay so for a long time. I'll have family playing for South Adams in 5 years or so and continue to help AC in youth in a much more limited role than previous due to my stepchildren being at Crestview in Ohio. I'd love to see all 3 Adams County schools in separate classes and hopefully family or friends/neighbors playing at all 3 and they all be highly successful. I dream of an all Adams County Black Friday in Indianapolis (if IHSAA ever follows through with pairing teams in same area on same championship day). Then traveling to a local Ohio turf field for a Saturday state semifinal that Saturday after Michigan whoops Ohio State!

I'm 100% with you bro!  (Michigan whooping Ohio State) What I wouldn't give to see that.

Interesting chat regarding the SA ranking.  Seems AC has had their number as of late, but pretty much anyone on AC's schedule could say that.  FWIW from an outsider, I think SA is def worth being ranked in pre-season, maybe not top 3.  Somewhere in 5-10, absolutely.  Be interesting to see how it plays out. 

Edited by Bonecrusher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

South Putnam.

No one has talked about South Putnam, but they might be the toughest out in the 1A south.  The way the ping pong balls bounce, Lutheran/South Putnam might just be the first round game in sectional 47.

24 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I'd like to hear more about Tri/North Decatur in sectional 46.  Can ND consistently stop Tri's monster running back?

Although Triton has a solid team this year, I'm not sure they have what it takes to go very deep in the tourney.  So far they've been very one-dimensional without a passing game.  Schuh is a great back!  But they will need to be able to throw it effectively to go very far.  Triton squares off with Pioneer and Judson in weeks 6 & 7.  Let's see how those go before we speculate on the Trojans' chances.

2 hours ago, FrankCostanza said:

Probably to get some reactions, I think it worked 😎

1 hour ago, kdets89 said:

South Putnam.

No one has talked about South Putnam, but they might be the toughest out in the 1A south.  The way the ping pong balls bounce, Lutheran/South Putnam might just be the first round game in sectional 47.

Their last few teams that had high expectations got shut down. Solid program but can’t get over the humps. Lutherans until someone proves otherwise. STATE LAW

On 8/15/2022 at 2:15 PM, First_Backer_Inside said:

Week 1 polls are of a reflection of what your team did last year. Nothing more in my opinion. It will sort itself out in three or four weeks.

As for thoughts on 1A:

Judson is dangerous, might be the only team who can contend with Laville in their conference, and in my opinion, the team that will represent the North on Thanksgiving weekend. I watched Adams Central down the stretch last year and they are a well coached and disciplined team, but Judson is going to be the full package this year: Size, Speed, Strength, and Physical at every position. Goodluck if you're on their schedule this year. 

I made this post before games even started. I did not say they were a lock. I did not say they should be first in the polls. I simply made them my pick for the North in 1A. If you saw how much money I lose making NFL picks on weekends you should be concerned if you're an NJ fan lol. My reasoning was seeing them in a scrimmage in July. For a 1A team, they had great size and speed at all positions. On top of that they are well coached and have experience making a deep run in the playoffs. So I picked them. I have already been wrong about part of the post in that I think Knox could contend with Laville in that conference after seeing them this last week. In no way did I mean to make it sound like AC and SA couldn't beat or even come close to NJ. Just made a preseason pick.