Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Outlook - 1A

On 8/29/2022 at 1:43 PM, FlyingHigh said:

I can't believe the HNAC crowd hasn't been very active in this thread. From what I've seen on the HNAC threads, North Judson is all but a lock to make a trip to LOS. They should probably be #1 in the polls according to the things that I have read. 

Full disclosure, I'm fully aware that I'm baiting them into responding, but we need conversation that doesn't have to do with AC and SA. Also, I do think that NJ is very good.

I pretty sure a NJ gag order was put on by Coach Lambert after this post from their very talented running back 

F17FED39-4A00-4BCD-B86B-D27CF7AFA2A2.png

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I probably know more about gags than anyone I know. Ask Patty Ferguson or April Skinners. I gotta go 

Did you gag from the smell of stale beer, cigarette smoke and BO?

Has bulletin board material now turned into electronic equipment material?  Do coaches have time to monitor all of the social media accounts?  Do coaches really care?

That’s the father’s account.  His name is also Cheyenne.  It’s funny that someone would copy paste that from the HNAC thread to over to this thread.  Seems like you guys are extra thirsty for some conversation about Judson.  The time will come, but it is not on this day. 

-The duke has spoken.  Let there be steak sammiches on a Friday at Liberty Field! 

3 minutes ago, Duke of Denham said:

That’s the father’s account.  His name is also Cheyenne.  It’s funny that someone would copy paste that from the HNAC thread to over to this thread.  Seems like you guys are extra thirsty for some conversation about Judson.  The time will come, but it is not on this day. 

-The duke has spoken.  Let there be steak sammiches on a Friday at Liberty Field! 

Gotta love dads making bold predictions about their sons' teams!  🤩 I was one of those dads back in the day!!  Never ended well for me though.  Ha!  There's a possibility it goes better for Mr. Allen.  That Blue Jays team is pretty good!

36 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Gotta love dads making bold predictions about their sons' teams!  🤩 I was one of those dads back in the day!!  Never ended well for me though.  Ha!  There's a possibility it goes better for Mr. Allen.  That Blue Jays team is pretty good!

His son is a great player for North Judson.

3 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Did you gag from the smell of stale beer, cigarette smoke and BO?

Has bulletin board material now turned into electronic equipment material?  Do coaches have time to monitor all of the social media accounts?  Do coaches really care?

Those smells turn me on and remind me of my mom Phyllis 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Duke of Denham said:

Did Judson remove the Bell after week 1?   Asking for a friend 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

New IFCA poll - I think we're getting to the point that it's more accurate. SA dropped (rightfully so) after their loss to Heritage. I think they're still worthy of #6, though, and see them beating #10 Monroe Central this week. The biggest snub is Triton. Their only loss is against a stout 2A opponent in Laville (game was 21-14 at half). Triton has averaged about 50 ppg and is giving up around 5 ppg in their wins. They have one of the best run games in 1A and, in my opinion, they should be top 5 by the time sectional comes around. Sectional 41 will be a fun one!

CLASS 1A

1. Lutheran (9)
  2. Adams Central (1)
  3. Park Tudor
  4. North Judson
  5. North Decatur
  6. South Adams
  7. Carroll (Flora)
  8. Tri
  9. South Putnam
  10. Monroe Central

Others receiving votes: Triton, Covenant Christian, Edinburgh, Sheridan, Clinton Prairie, Madison-Grant, Pioneer.

Edited by FlyingHigh

39 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

New IFCA poll - I think we're getting to the point that it's more accurate. SA dropped (rightfully so) after their loss to Heritage. I think they're still worthy of #6, though, and see them beating #10 Monroe Central this week. The biggest snub is Triton. Their only loss is against a stout 2A opponent in Laville (game was 21-14 at half). Triton has averaged about 50 ppg and is giving up around 5 ppg in their wins. They have one of the best run games in 1A and, in my opinion, they should be top 5 by the time sectional comes around. Sectional 41 will be a fun one!

CLASS 1A

1. Lutheran (9)
  2. Adams Central (1)
  3. Park Tudor
  4. North Judson
  5. North Decatur
  6. South Adams
  7. Carroll (Flora)
  8. Tri
  9. South Putnam
  10. Monroe Central

Others receiving votes: Triton, Covenant Christian, Edinburgh, Sheridan, Clinton Prairie, Madison-Grant, Pioneer.

I don't know that it's necessarily a snub, just not enough to get into the Top 10.  If I'm looking at that Top 10, I could see Triton getting votes over MC and maybe Tri or Carroll, but probably not from the same coach.  As such, I think they probably got a few 9 and 10 votes, but not as many as MC ended up with.  They are right on the cusp, so I would consider it more of a snub if they weren't next in line ... for example if they were down at the #6 area of receiving votes or not receiving votes at all.

6 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

CLASS 1A

1. Lutheran (9)
  2. Adams Central (1)
  3. Park Tudor
  4. North Judson
  5. North Decatur
  6. South Adams
  7. Carroll (Flora)
  8. Tri
  9. South Putnam
  10. Monroe Central

we’ll see how the Monroe Central game goes but Heritage is not a good 3a team.  That was a very bad loss for SA.  Heritage vs AC will be a running clock.

On 9/12/2022 at 11:41 AM, FlyingHigh said:

CLASS 1A

1. Lutheran (9)
  2. Adams Central (1)
  3. Park Tudor
  4. North Judson
  5. North Decatur
  6. South Adams
  7. Carroll (Flora)
  8. Tri
  9. South Putnam
  10. Monroe Central

It will all play out as Triton plays Pioneer and North Judson in the next 3 weeks!

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 12:41 PM, foxbat said:

I don't know that it's necessarily a snub, just not enough to get into the Top 10.  If I'm looking at that Top 10, I could see Triton getting votes over MC and maybe Tri or Carroll, but probably not from the same coach.  As such, I think they probably got a few 9 and 10 votes, but not as many as MC ended up with.  They are right on the cusp, so I would consider it more of a snub if they weren't next in line ... for example if they were down at the #6 area of receiving votes or not receiving votes at all.

I disagree on them not being a snub, but I understand your reasoning since they are next in line. Having seen some of Triton's games so far on YouTube, they are 100% a top 10 team, if not higher (I'd place them at 6). The polls ultimately don't mean anything, I understand that. They'll get their chance to in the next few weeks in matchups against Pioneer and North Judson to show whether or not I'm right. 

On 9/12/2022 at 6:29 PM, Purdue Pete said:

we’ll see how the Monroe Central game goes but Heritage is not a good 3a team.  That was a very bad loss for SA.  Heritage vs AC will be a running clock.

SA will have a couple of pretty solid athletes to stop if they want to win. Does anyone know if MC is strong up front like they usually are? They always have some big dudes.

On 9/15/2022 at 11:44 AM, FlyingHigh said:

I disagree on them not being a snub, but I understand your reasoning since they are next in line. Having seen some of Triton's games so far on YouTube, they are 100% a top 10 team, if not higher (I'd place them at 6). The polls ultimately don't mean anything, I understand that. They'll get their chance to in the next few weeks in matchups against Pioneer and North Judson to show whether or not I'm right. 

SA will have a couple of pretty solid athletes to stop if they want to win. Does anyone know if MC is strong up front like they usually are? They always have some big dudes.

MC looked to have big guys on the line bit they didn't move well. South Adams threw it well on them. MC just had Jones scramble and he is athletic. SA struggled at times to wrap him up. The Starfires got lackadaisical towards the end and MC made the score look closer than it really was.

Triton should crack the Top 10 based on this last week; at a minimum moving MC out and going in.  The only spoiler I see, in the Coaches' Poll is Sheridan leapfrogging by nature of picking up their 700th program win.  Yes, I know that winning 700th over the years has nothing to do with a 2022 poll, but realistically we know that there are things other than current production that tend to influence poll standings; especially earlier in the season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Triton should crack the Top 10 based on this last week; at a minimum moving MC out and going in.  The only spoiler I see, in the Coaches' Poll is Sheridan leapfrogging by nature of picking up their 700th program win.  Yes, I know that winning 700th over the years has nothing to do with a 2022 poll, but realistically we know that there are things other than current production that tend to influence poll standings; especially earlier in the season.

Looks like Triton is at #9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t believe a matchup with Pioneer carries any weight for Triton other than they’ve never beaten them. Pioneer has talent but lacks heart to be a factor this season. 

11 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

Don’t believe a matchup with Pioneer carries any weight for Triton other than they’ve never beaten them. Pioneer has talent but lacks heart to be a factor this season. 

I agree that Triton is a much better overall team, but it's still a mental hurdle for the Triton program. Maybe this game isn't as much about Triton winning, but HOW they win. Do they look sharp and take care of business early? Getting the monkey off their backs will feel good whether they are the better team on paper or not.