Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Outlook - 1A

On 5/6/2022 at 11:29 AM, scarab527 said:

Don’t sleep on Park Tudor. Going North is definitely a boost for them imo. The North is deeper but the South is so top-heavy with Lutheran and Covenant. They played Lutheran tough in a post season loss last year. I could see them making a run. 

While I disagree with this statement because South Putnam is actually better than Covenant (from playing both), however, these 3 schools are in the same sectional so Lutheran will take care of 2 of them right off. North Putnam has played all 3 of these schools this year - Lutheran is THE winner.

Edited by NPCougarNation

2 minutes ago, NPCougarNation said:

While I disagree with this statement because Soth Putnam is better than Covenant, but these 3 schools are in the same sectional so Lutheran will take care of 2 of them right off

Comment is from 5 months ago lol. Obviously South Put has played better than projected and Covenant has played worse. 

On 10/9/2022 at 5:53 PM, kdets89 said:

I shoulda bought a lottery ticket right after posting this.

Lutheran/South Putnam in 1st round is almost as bad as North Decautur/Tri in the 1st round.

Bobby Cox's balls ramming some folks hard again. We need to neuter him. 

• Haha 1

Very good ballgame in Flora Friday night between 8-0 Carroll and 7-1 Sheridan on a  7 game winning streak and only loss to 3A top ten Webo.  Winner takes the conference title.  Great tuneup to see how you stack up before tourney begins.  Crowd will be amazing and porkburgers even better!   

39 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Does anyone pose a real threat to Carroll Flora in sectional 43? I see West Central is 7-1 and is only 10 points behind in Sagarin. Similar strengths of schedule.

No - WC has had a good season, but the Midwest conference is arguably one of the worst conferences in the state. They'll win the sectional handily and meet a team in Regional that will score as much as they want against them. 

Edited by footballer_02
Added info

2 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

No - WC has had a good season, but the Midwest conference is arguably one of the worst conferences in the state. They'll win the sectional handily and meet a team in Regional that will score as much as they want against them. 

West Central's only loss came at the hands of a bottom-half HNAC team by way of a shutout.  If Carroll doesn't beat WC in dominating fashion, they'll be a sacrificial lamb at the hands of Adams Central. 

The deeper we get into the season, the more the 1A north looks to me like a showdown between North Judson and AC.

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Might as well cancel the 1A tournament. I read on Facebook that North Decaturs can beat Ben, Davis and Caramel, I swear to God I did. This came from one of @Bobref’s ref buddies. He also said their freshman qb is already a D1 player. 

North Decatur?  I don't even think they could beat North Judson.  Sheridan fans thought they could beat 5a Champs (Ben Davis) in 1988.  Sheridan beat Breman 59-0 in the 1a state finals game and was ready to take on Ben Davis.  Most people thought Sheridan could not beat Ben Davis in 1988.  Some things never change.

5 minutes ago, Tippy said:

North Decatur?  I don't even think they could beat North Judson.  Sheridan fans thought they could beat 5a Champs (Ben Davis) in 1988.  Sheridan beat Breman 59-0 in the 1a state finals game and was ready to take on Ben Davis.  Most people thought Sheridan could not beat Ben Davis in 1988.  Some things never change.

I think North Decatur could win the 1A north.  The question is, can they win 1A south?

13 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

I think North Decatur could win the 1A north.  The question is, can they win 1A south?

North Decatur looks like they’ve had a great season for sure, but who have they played? Their strength of schedule rating on John Harrell is pretty bad. I think they’d definitely compete in the north, but North Judson and Adams Central would be big hurdles for them.

10 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

Does anyone pose a real threat to Carroll Flora in sectional 43? I see West Central is 7-1 and is only 10 points behind in Sagarin. Similar strengths of schedule.

No. 

West Central is the school I follow County rival. They have some good players but play in the worst conference in the state. Winamac outgained them, had more trips to the red zone but stalled out. They had five turnovers and lost to WC by six. WC had 3 tds, one came from a big run and the others were a pick six and a 97 scoop and score. 

West Central and Winamac flip spots. WC at best is 3-5.  They are what I consider a fake good team. 

7 hours ago, FinePrint said:

West Central's only loss came at the hands of a bottom-half HNAC team by way of a shutout.  If Carroll doesn't beat WC in dominating fashion, they'll be a sacrificial lamb at the hands of Adams Central. 

The deeper we get into the season, the more the 1A north looks to me like a showdown between North Judson and AC.

Culver didn't even have a few of their starters either...that game should have been much worse than what it was. 

13 hours ago, Tippy said:

It came from a ref so it can’t be wrong. STATE LAW!

• Haha 2

On 9/30/2022 at 3:50 PM, kdets89 said:

I don't think anyone will challenge Sheridan in sectional 45.  But after watching them recently, I still don't think they'll be able to hang with North Decatur in the regional.  If Tri were to upset North Decatur in sectional 46, I think they'd also beat Sheridan.

Why would Tri beating North Decatur be considered an upset?

Tri beat them last year and both teams returned the majority of their players.

9 minutes ago, Kelly_32 said:

Why would Tri beating North Decatur be considered an upset?

Tri beat them last year and both teams returned the majority of their players.

Based on the current Sagarin ratings, ND would be two TD favorites over Tri.  The game will likely be much closer than that, but I think the ND defense gives them the edge.

25 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I’m still trying to figure out how they are in the south, I swear to God I am

LCC was south last year in 2A and Harrison is south in 5A this year.

• Sit and spin 1

On 10/17/2022 at 5:22 PM, Donnie Baker said:

I’m still trying to figure out how they are in the south, I swear to God I am

Sheridan has nine state titles, 5 as the Southern representative and 4 as the Northern representative.  I think them being just north of Indy puts them in the area where they can be moved as needed to balance sectionals.

1 hour ago, Ballhawk said:

Sheridan has nine state titles, 5 as the Southern representative and 4 as the Northern representative.  I think them being just north of Indy puts them in the area where they can be moved as needed to balance sectionals.

Look how much farther south Cayuga is and North Vermilions is going north. The IHSAA kinda sux at geology or whatever. I gotta go 

My question is why is it always north vs south? Why not rotate the semi state? Meaning the "NE" regional champ could play the "SE" regional champ 1 year, the "NW" (like now) 1 year, and "SW" the third year and just keep rotating them.

Half of the 1A field has been eliminated and will soon start basketball and wrestling. What are the best 1A matchups as we’ve made our way to the sectional semifinal week?

AC hosts SA in a rematch from week 6 that resulted in a 49-20 AC win. The game was dominated physically by AC. SA will play hard, as they always do for Coach Moser and the rest of that coaching staff, but I doubt this is a good game. AC would have to get burnt several times in coverage as well as turn it over a bunch offensively. Central seems to be playing really good ball right now. I think they’ll roll in a decisive victory. 

On 10/12/2022 at 12:37 AM, WalterSobchak said:

No. 

West Central is the school I follow County rival. They have some good players but play in the worst conference in the state. Winamac outgained them, had more trips to the red zone but stalled out. They had five turnovers and lost to WC by six. WC had 3 tds, one came from a big run and the others were a pick six and a 97 scoop and score. 

West Central and Winamac flip spots. WC at best is 3-5.  They are what I consider a fake good team. 

Culver didn't even have a few of their starters either...that game should have been much worse than what it was. 

WC had 6 turnovers against Culver 4 at halftime and it was 6-0... got inside the 2 5 times and it was 12-0 with 3min left and schuman broke a big one. Game was closer than a shutout. Culver was fully healthy as well. I think the Carrol matchup will be a good game both run the wing t style offense. Not sure whoever wins gets past regional though.

10 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

Half of the 1A field has been eliminated and will soon start basketball and wrestling. What are the best 1A matchups as we’ve made our way to the sectional semifinal week?

AC hosts SA in a rematch from week 6 that resulted in a 49-20 AC win. The game was dominated physically by AC. SA will play hard, as they always do for Coach Moser and the rest of that coaching staff, but I doubt this is a good game. AC would have to get burnt several times in coverage as well as turn it over a bunch offensively. Central seems to be playing really good ball right now. I think they’ll roll in a decisive victory. 

Curious to see how the injury at CB to Smith has any factor in the game. AC'S secondary has improved all year, but is still a minor weakness. SA will be ready, but once again, I'm not sure they have enough on either line to stop the Jets. They did have some success penetrating on blitzes but couldn't make the first tackle. We all know Mav will be blitzing a lot to try and stop Ryan T, Gavin, Ryan B, and Keegan. Like to see Wurm dominate like he did this past week.