Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Outlook - 1A

54 minutes ago, Landrys Hat said:

early prediction , told a co worker three weeks ago , Adams Central 38  Carroll(Flora) 14.   

Watched some of Carroll (Flora) and they have a solid line on both sides and a good running game with a big back & capable QB. They and North Judson could be stumbling blocks for AC. However I can just be a nervous AC fan at times.

6 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Watched some of Carroll (Flora) and they have a solid line on both sides and a good running game with a big back & capable QB. They and North Judson could be stumbling blocks for AC. However I can just be a nervous AC fan at times.

Flora boys should have beat Sheridan but lost by 1 on a missed field goal. Both of those teams are solid but I think AC and Lutherans are on a different level. 

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Flora boys should have beat Sheridan but lost by 1 on a missed field goal. Both of those teams are solid but I think AC and Lutherans are on a different level. 

Lutheran is on a 3A level at this point.

Have to be honest here I have really not been terribly impressed by any of the teams in the north. Judson might be the best team I’ve seen but if you can slow their running game their kicking and passing games can be pretty suspect. 

AC has the Qb but still think they are a pretty far cry from last year’s version. 

Park Tudor and Carroll are pretenders. 

Sheridan too sectional and schedule just doesn’t get me all fuzzy. 

Lutheran is clearly head and shoulders above everyone else. 

in the immortal words of Larry Bird in locker room to other contenders at 3-pt contest “who’s getting second”

Edited by RingLeader

9 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Have to be honest here I have really not been terribly impressed by any of the teams in the north. Judson might be the best team I’ve seen but if you can slow their running game their kicking and passing games can be pretty suspect. 

AC has the Qb but still think they are a pretty far cry from last year’s version.

I am having flashbacks from last year, hearing how good Judson is supposed to be before they got taken to the woodshed at home.  AC could put a running clock on every opponent in the playoffs and it wouldn't be good enough for the people in North Judson. Until it happens to them of course.  They put up 6 points in the first half against Triton a few weeks ago, they are not some juggernaut team.

Yes AC has taken a step back from last year, there are like 5 seniors that play its still a fairly young team. That doesn't mean anything for the rest of the north.

1 hour ago, 260AC said:

I am having flashbacks from last year, hearing how good Judson is supposed to be before they got taken to the woodshed at home.  AC could put a running clock on every opponent in the playoffs and it wouldn't be good enough for the people in North Judson. Until it happens to them of course.  They put up 6 points in the first half against Triton a few weeks ago, they are not some juggernaut team.

Yes AC has taken a step back from last year, there are like 5 seniors that play its still a fairly young team. That doesn't mean anything for the rest of the north.

Trying to figure out where your rant came from?? Must of been waiting all off-season to talk some more smack.

This person(not even sure if he’s a Judson guy) posted that Judson may be the best team he’s “seen”. Then went in to list all the ways they aren’t that great. So take a step back and take a deep breath, AC is still the favorites in the north.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 260AC said:

Judson has a pretty rabid fan base. 

They struggle to pass a little bit, their pass defense isn't the greatest either. They aren't overly quick either. 

Last year gave them a bit of a big head when they went as far as they did. They really over achieved. Their 2020 Judson team is better then this one. 

1 hour ago, WalterSobchak said:

Judson has a pretty rabid fan base. 

They struggle to pass a little bit, their pass defense isn't the greatest either. They aren't overly quick either. 

Last year gave them a bit of a big head when they went as far as they did. They really over achieved. Their 2020 Judson team is better then this one. 

Shots fired! We'll see if any of the Judson crazies take this bait...

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Shots fired! We'll see if any of the Judson crazies take this bait...

No shots fired.

They had the Blount twins and Allen the tailback this year on that team. They had the frasure cousins and lineman like Dylan Marin, Benson and a Redlin. 

They did what Winamac did last season and got over confident.

17 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Lutheran is on a 3A level at this point.

Played against all 3 top contending teams in the South tournaments in 1A-3A (#1Lutheran, #1Linton, #6OV) Lutheran can and would win any small school division IMO, definitely compete in the bigger ones at the least. All 3 of these teams are very good, they all should more than likely have a HUGE chance to at the least be in Semi-State probably more.

Edited by BlackSwarm6407

Panties bunched. Settle down AC

It’s perfectly fine if you’re not as good as last season, I don’t think you necessarily have to be to win the north.  
NJ is kind of a crackerjack squad, you never know what you’re gonna get. 

As a great coach used to say “I’m perfectly fine being known as the worst State Champs of all time” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RingLeader said:

Panties bunched. Settle down AC

It’s perfectly fine if you’re not as good as last season, I don’t think you necessarily have to be to win the north.  
NJ is kind of a crackerjack squad, you never know what you’re gonna get. 

As a great coach used to say “I’m perfectly fine being known as the worst State Champs of all time” 

Angel Skinners don’t wear panties. I gotta go 

• Like 1

Regional matchups!!!

North Judson @ Park Tudor (JH has NJ 45-21) - This could be an interesting matchup, as Park Tudor likes to spread things out a bit. I'm not sure if NJ has played a competent spread team this year, but I imagine they will figure it out and Harrell's prediction will be pretty close. PT will struggle to stop the NJ running game.

Carroll Flora @ Adams Central (JH has AC 45-17) - This is another interesting one. AC faced its first under center, run-first team of the season last week and shut it down. Both of Northfield's touchdowns came against AC's JV. Carroll is much more talented than Northfield, though. They're big and have a solid RB in #8. Both teams rely predominantly on their big fullbacks (both are over 6' and over 200 lbs, but are athletic). AC will need to be effective at running the ball outside and possibly hitting some PA passes to put up Harrell's predicted 45 points. I think the Jet defense will be ready for the task.

North Decatur @ Sheridan (JH has ND 35-24) - Not sure about this one. It's been assumed most of the year that North Decatur would match up against Lutheran in semistate. Can the Sheridan tradition get it done? I doubt it.

Providence @ Lutheran (JH has Lutheran 45-17) - Lutheran by as much as they want. If I were Lutheran, I would probably want to face off against Sheridan instead of North Decatur. Lutheran will win either matchup, but a run-first team like Sheridan would be a better way to prep for North Judson or AC.

50 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

North Decatur @ Sheridan (JH has ND 35-24) - Not sure about this one. It's been assumed most of the year that North Decatur would match up against Lutheran in semistate. Can the Sheridan tradition get it done? I doubt it.

I don't understand the JH prediction for this game.  I understand it aligns closely with the Sagarin rating (which would make it even closer than 11 pts).  But watching both teams, I don't see Sheridan keeping up with North Decatur.  The Sheridan running back is a load, but he's nowhere near as fast as Tri's big running back.  And Sheridan doesn't have nearly the passing game to keep up if North Decatur stops the run.

I've watched so many North Decatur games, that I admit to no longer being objective.  I've become a big fan of the Chargers.  Their defense is fast and fun to watch fly to the ball.  I like their passing game, and am a fan of the QB who also makes a two-way impact as a defensive end.  I love the fact that the QB is named Carson Parmer (for a kid born in '05/'06, I can only assume his parents are Bengals fans).  The only way Sheridan keeps this game within 11 points is if they have a defensive tackle named Kimo von Oerhoffen!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kdets89 said:

I don't understand the JH prediction for this game.  I understand it aligns closely with the Sagarin rating (which would make it even closer than 11 pts).  But watching both teams, I don't see Sheridan keeping up with North Decatur.  The Sheridan running back is a load, but he's nowhere near as fast as Tri's big running back.  And Sheridan doesn't have nearly the passing game to keep up if North Decatur stops the run.

I've watched so many North Decatur games, that I admit to no longer being objective.  I've become a big fan of the Chargers.  Their defense is fast and fun to watch fly to the ball.  I like their passing game, and am a fan of the QB who also makes a two-way impact as a defensive end.  I love the fact that the QB is named Carson Parmer (for a kid born in '05/'06, I can only assume his parents are Bengals fans).  The only way Sheridan keeps this game within 11 points is if they have a defensive tackle named Kimo von Oerhoffen!

You got me checking N Decatur schedule and must say Im impressed ! Not sure if the Bud factor gonna be enough for Sheridan but wouldnt surprise me !

Sheridan has been stuffing the run all year. Passing defense is the major kryptonite!

Everyone talks about Bud Wright and all of his wins and history etc. well I've seen every Sheridan game this year and the coaching especially on defense is absolutely terrible. They make absolutely no adjustments and just let the corners get beat all game long, even if the Blackhawks stop the run ND should have a field day in the pass game. 100% coaching is a disaster, not to mention they only run 3-5 plays on offense and sometimes run the same play 4-5 times in a row. Bud just lines up and says my guys are better than yours and we will find a way to win just because we have better athletes! Now that they are playing similar competition he will get absolutely out coached and sadly for the Sheridan kids they could lose at home in blow out fashion.

Too bad too because Sheridan has a lot of Senior talent. Would love to see them pull out the upset...

Sheridan will need long successful drives and will need to stop the ND run game for starters. From there will need to stay in the game by winning the turnover battle and special teams play if they want to pull off the victory. Hopefully for once this season the corners can keep the WRs in front of them and not give up the deep ball. If they can limit the ND possessions and win time of possession with the run all day attitude and get a turnover or 2... they might have a chance. All this will require the coaches to get their act together...

Skeptically optimistic... but this goes 1 of 2 ways:

38-14 ND... If the stars align 22-21 Sheridan in the upset

Go Blackhawks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, khayward said:

Sheridan has been stuffing the run all year. Passing defense is the major kryptonite!

Everyone talks about Bud Wright and all of his wins and history etc. well I've seen every Sheridan game this year and the coaching especially on defense is absolutely terrible. They make absolutely no adjustments and just let the corners get beat all game long, even if the Blackhawks stop the run ND should have a field day in the pass game. 100% coaching is a disaster, not to mention they only run 3-5 plays on offense and sometimes run the same play 4-5 times in a row. Bud just lines up and says my guys are better than yours and we will find a way to win just because we have better athletes! Now that they are playing similar competition he will get absolutely out coached and sadly for the Sheridan kids they could lose at home in blow out fashion.

Too bad too because Sheridan has a lot of Senior talent. Would love to see them pull out the upset...

Sheridan will need long successful drives and will need to stop the ND run game for starters. From there will need to stay in the game by winning the turnover battle and special teams play if they want to pull off the victory. Hopefully for once this season the corners can keep the WRs in front of them and not give up the deep ball. If they can limit the ND possessions and win time of possession with the run all day attitude and get a turnover or 2... they might have a chance. All this will require the coaches to get their act together...

Go Blackhawks

Wow!  All I can say is wow!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, khayward said:

Go Blackhawks

ya. . . They have done a terrible job, except their only loss was week 1 against Webo, and they ran roughshod through the rest of their schedule except for beating Carroll on their field by a point.  Hopefully, these coaches led by Mr Wright can come with a acceptable game plan this week.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Landrys Hat said:

ya. . . They have done a terrible job, except their only loss was week 1 against Webo, and they ran roughshod through the rest of their schedule except for beating Carroll on their field by a point.  Hopefully, these coaches led by Mr Wright can come with a acceptable game plan this week.   

I would bet the farm that this person is a newcomer to Sheridan.  One, to criticize the legend like he did and two to think that this is something new.  Putting out there is not going to win many friends in the Sheridan area.  I hope that wasn't their real name.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

I would bet the farm that this person is a newcomer to Sheridan.  One, to criticize the legend like he did and two to think that this is something new.  Putting out there is not going to win many friends in the Sheridan area.  I hope that wasn't their real name.

Usually when people go on a rant about a coach they have only posted a few times.  Not only is he a legend he is also a super nice man.  7 teams in the Hoosier Heartland would love to be so poorly coached in 2022.

52 minutes ago, coachkj said:

Usually when people go on a rant about a coach they have only posted a few times.  Not only is he a legend he is also a super nice man.  7 teams in the Hoosier Heartland would love to be so poorly coached in 2022.

Good point, I am a fan of bud and grateful for his years of service and success, very nice guy, agreed. Mostly frustrated with the defensive coach specifically.

Been a great year, happy the kids have been able to bring a sectional championship back to Sheridan. Hopeful they have a good game plan for tomorrow night.

Go Blackhawks

41 minutes ago, khayward said:

Good point, I am a fan of bud and grateful for his years of service and success, very nice guy, agreed. Mostly frustrated with the defensive coach specifically.

Been a great year, happy the kids have been able to bring a sectional championship back to Sheridan. Hopeful they have a good game plan for tomorrow night.

Go Blackhawks

Teams have more than 1 defensive coach.  You have line, backs , end coaches etc. Do you care to elaborate on which ? With you saying "defensive coach specifically" tells us you have little knowledge of the game.  Besides during the regular season you do not always face the  particular offense you may face on Friday night. It takes time to adjust, game film can only prepare you so much.