Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Outlook - 1A

13 hours ago, khayward said:

Good point, I am a fan of bud and grateful for his years of service and success, very nice guy, agreed. Mostly frustrated with the defensive coach specifically.

Been a great year, happy the kids have been able to bring a sectional championship back to Sheridan. Hopeful they have a good game plan for tomorrow night.

Go Blackhawks

How about North Decatur, are you familiar with Stirns' offense ?

16 hours ago, Go For 2 said:

Teams have more than 1 defensive coach.  You have line, backs , end coaches etc. Do you care to elaborate on which ? With you saying "defensive coach specifically" tells us you have little knowledge of the game.  Besides during the regular season you do not always face the  particular offense you may face on Friday night. It takes time to adjust, game film can only prepare you so much.

Well its 1A football so they don't have a d-coordinator apparently and the 1 coach in question is a DBs coach, he plays all of the secondary, even the Safety 5 yards off the ball and has not once lined them up in prevent or cover 3 in obvious deep ball situations like 3rd and 20+(against Hagerstown last week with less than 1 min left in the 1st half and Hagerstown only success being the deep ball all half, we still played our tight man coverage, everyone 5 yards off the ball, no deep safety let alone a cover 2 or cover 3 to keep everything in front) you wouldn't believe what happened... 70 yard pass over the top. I understand 1A is run dominate and their scheme does stop the run successfully but when you are consistently getting beat over the top and make no adjustments I think it's pretty reasonable to question the coaching competency of a DBs coach making these calls. I guess my "little knowledge of the game" can't grasp 8 in the box on 3rd and 20+

Go Blackhawks

16 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I think the weather plays a factor Friday night at Sheridan. That rock is gonna be heavy and hard. Add 20mph wind, passing game is gonna be tough.

I like this! Could be a very even match up if the passing game is hindered by weather...

Can't help but think of those beautiful Quenton Nelson hats 
"Run The Damn Ball"

Go Blackhawks

1 hour ago, khayward said:

Well its 1A football so they don't have a d-coordinator apparently and the 1 coach in question is a DBs coach, he plays all of the secondary, even the Safety 5 yards off the ball and has not once lined them up in prevent or cover 3 in obvious deep ball situations like 3rd and 20+(against Hagerstown last week with less than 1 min left in the 1st half and Hagerstown only success being the deep ball all half, we still played our tight man coverage, everyone 5 yards off the ball, no deep safety let alone a cover 2 or cover 3 to keep everything in front) you wouldn't believe what happened... 70 yard pass over the top. I understand 1A is run dominate and their scheme does stop the run successfully but when you are consistently getting beat over the top and make no adjustments I think it's pretty reasonable to question the coaching competency of a DBs coach making these calls. I guess my "little knowledge of the game" can't grasp 8 in the box on 3rd and 20+

Go Blackhawks

If I'm not mistaken. Sheridan has, for many years, ran this same scheme on defense with a lot of tight man coverage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

If I'm not mistaken. Sheridan has, for many years, ran this same scheme on defense with a lot of tight man coverage. 

True.  Might be more/less successful based on the Jimmies/Joes as opposed to Xs and Os, but if I recall correctly they played that style against LCC in the semi-state games back in 2011 and 2012.  As typical, LCC had a nice passing attack balanced with a fast and wide running attack.  Despite losing both times, Sheridan limited LCC to 17 and 13 points respectively in 2011 and 2012.  Only CMA, which was the only team to beat LCC those two years was able to hold LCC to less offensive points.

13 minutes ago, foxbat said:

True.  Might be more/less successful based on the Jimmies/Joes as opposed to Xs and Os, but if I recall correctly they played that style against LCC in the semi-state games back in 2011 and 2012.  As typical, LCC had a nice passing attack balanced with a fast and wide running attack.  Despite losing both times, Sheridan limited LCC to 17 and 13 points respectively in 2011 and 2012.  Only CMA, which was the only team to beat LCC those two years was able to hold LCC to less offensive points.

whats your picks tonight for LCC, WL,Jeff and Carroll? 

19 minutes ago, Landrys Hat said:

whats your picks tonight for LCC, WL,Jeff and Carroll? 

What I'm picking and what I'm pulling for are almost two different things. 😀

Picks:

• Andrean
  • WL
  • Carroll (FW)
  • AC

Pulling:

• LCC
  • WL
  • Jeff
  • Carroll (Flora)

Final 4 Week!

Adams Central @ North Judson (JH has AC 35-31): North Judson gets the rematch they have surely wanted since last year's semistate game...and they get to host again. North Judson sounds like a tough team with a lot of guys back from last year's team that fell short to AC 42-7. AC returned a solid core of players from their run to state, but are missing the speed that broke that game open last year. AC's strength offensively is its fullback/QB duo behind a really good OL. The wings have decent speed/shiftiness, but this is a different team. I think this team likes to hit a bit more than last year, though. Defensively, AC is set up to stop the run with two fantastic junior DTs. The Jets D stopped a Carroll offense that was averaging over 40 points per game, but North Judson has more options in the backfield. I think AC gets it done again, but I don't expect a running clock right out of the gate in the 3rd quarter...or at all for that matter. I say Central by 14.

Lutheran @ North Decatur (JH has Lutheran 45-17): I don't know enough about either team to offer much legit insight other than...Lutheran wins big.

Im curious as why no one is talking about the Lutheran and North Decatur game? I believe North has a chance for an upset. Weather will be a factor for the game as its only going to be in the 20's at the start of the game. Lutheran has the #1 offense but North has the #1 defense. Im thinking it will be a closer game then expected with the possible upset.

1 minute ago, DecCoFan said:

Im curious as why no one is talking about the Lutheran and North Decatur game? I believe North has a chance for an upset. Weather will be a factor for the game as its only going to be in the 20's at the start of the game. Lutheran has the #1 offense but North has the #1 defense. Im thinking it will be a closer game then expected with the possible upset.

Because Lutheran is just different it appears. They play a different level of competition. They are something like 50-3 since 2019. Those loses are double OT and 2 eventual state Champs. They have allowed 15 points to 1A teams in 5 games. Sure ND could pull an upset but isn't anyone going to believe it. Only thing I wonder about Lutheran is if they will be bored next year still being in 1A

2 hours ago, WWFan said:

Because Lutheran is just different it appears. They play a different level of competition. They are something like 50-3 since 2019. Those loses are double OT and 2 eventual state Champs. They have allowed 15 points to 1A teams in 5 games. Sure ND could pull an upset but isn't anyone going to believe it. Only thing I wonder about Lutheran is if they will be bored next year still being in 1A

The Lutheran defense hasn't given up a point in the playoffs.  Providence scored on a kick return.

2 hours ago, WWFan said:

Only thing I wonder about Lutheran is if they will be bored next year still being in 1A

Moving up won't change the ICC schedule.  The nice thing about being in the best small school conference in the state is that it is never boring.

Maybe the most impressive stat for Lutheran's senior class is that they never lost an ICC game!

40 minutes ago, Tippy said:

The Lutheran defense hasn't given up a point in the playoffs.  Providence scored on a kick return.

I know. I watched it. They are good. Have been for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

Moving up won't change the ICC schedule.  The nice thing about being in the best small school conference in the state is that it is never boring.

Maybe the most impressive stat for Lutheran's senior class is that they never lost an ICC game!

Not questioning winning isn't fun but more question if thier kids would like to test themselves in 2A after these last couple years

2 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Not questioning winning isn't fun but more question if thier kids would like to test themselves in 2A after these last couple years

There are some sophomores and freshmen making big contributions fot LuHi this year.  Hopefully they'll get a chance to play in the 2A tourney as upperclassmen.  Until then, they'll just have to play where they are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DecCoFan said:

Im curious as why no one is talking about the Lutheran and North Decatur game? I believe North has a chance for an upset. Weather will be a factor for the game as its only going to be in the 20's at the start of the game.

What concerned me most was the wind forecast.  ND is an east-west field, and early forecasts had winds from the west at 10-20 mph.  Two teams that like to throw the ball would have been limited for two quarters.  Thankfully the hourly forecast now shows the wind dying down by game time.  Still in the 20s, however.

Lutheran won against North, but im pretty sure they were surprised at half time with the score only being tied at 7. A few bad calls by the refs but it was a good game. Worst call was the pass complete that skipped off the ground by Lutheran. Lutheran played a good game though. If North would have been able to get the passing game going, the score may have been closer.

1 hour ago, DecCoFan said:

Lutheran won against North, but im pretty sure they were surprised at half time with the score only being tied at 7. A few bad calls by the refs but it was a good game. Worst call was the pass complete that skipped off the ground by Lutheran. Lutheran played a good game though. If North would have been able to get the passing game going, the score may have been closer.

How much does ND return?

On 11/16/2022 at 8:39 PM, kdets89 said:

The ICC is the best small school conference in the state. I was going to say that the Hoosier and Hoosier North can make an argument, but after researching those conferences, they really can't. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...