Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

You make the call

Impartial_Observer

Question

11 answers to this question

If the foul occurs prior to the ball being ready for play on 1st down for the new series, it’s going to be 1st and 10 after enforcement. If after the ready, it’s 1st & 25.

“When a new series of downs is awarded, the penalties for all fouls (including nonplayer and unsportsmanlike) committed prior to the ready-for-play shall be administered before the line to gain is established.” 5-3-1.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bobref said:

If the foul occurs prior to the ball being ready for play on 1st down for the new series, it’s going to be 1st and 10 after enforcement. If after the ready, it’s 1st & 25.

“When a new series of downs is awarded, the penalties for all fouls (including nonplayer and unsportsmanlike) committed prior to the ready-for-play shall be administered before the line to gain is established.” 5-3-1.

C’mon man!

We had this happen Friday night, unusual scenario, I thought I’d throw it out for all the aspiring officials here. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

C’mon man!

We had this happen Friday night, unusual scenario, I thought I’d throw it out for all the aspiring officials here. 

Oops! Didn’t mean to step on your question. I should have known this one was too easy for you. My bad.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

Oops! Didn’t mean to step on your question. I should have known this one was too easy for you. My bad.

Oddly enough, neither coach questioned the down and distance after we marked it off. And to be perfectly honest, I couldn’t understand why an assistant coach would be assessed a USC after getting a DPI and a first down. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

That's what I was wondering also. Why was he?

32 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

And to be perfectly honest, I couldn’t understand why an assistant coach would be assessed a USC after getting a DPI and a first down. 

Inquiring minds want to know. May be a good story here.

55 minutes ago, Irishman said:

That is why I liked being in the pressbox as an assistant. 😄
I did get a warning one time though while up there. 😄 

This sounds like something that might happen to me. I got a warning from one of our fans, I think he thought a football game was the library. My older kids used to call me Mr. Bullhorn.........

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Oddly enough, neither coach questioned the down and distance after we marked it off. 

We had a similar situation Friday night. Team A gains a first down, after the play, taunting on A. Team B's coach wanted to know why it wasn't 1st and 25.