Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Regional scores and updates

Westfield 37-Ft. Wayne Carroll 14. Westfield did not play their best ball tonight. Too many penalties, dropped passes, poor decisions. At one time Webster was only 7-14 with two of those incomplete passes that should have been interceptions. Carroll was able to move the ball but turnovers (3) and some decent Westfield defense inside of the 30 kept Carroll off of the board all but one time. Their last TD was scored late against Westfield's reserves.  

Next week, Merrillville will be making the looong road trip to central Indiana, just the opposite of that happened last year. Westfield will need to be sharper than they were tonight to make their second straight trip to Lucas Oil Stadium.  

7 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Westfield 37-Ft. Wayne Carroll 14. Westfield did not play their best ball tonight. Too many penalties, dropped passes, poor decisions. At one time Webster was only 7-14 with two of those incomplete passes that should have been interceptions. Carroll was able to move the ball but turnovers (3) and some decent Westfield defense inside of the 30 kept Carroll off of the board all but one time. Their last TD was scored late against Westfield's reserves.  

Next week, Merrillville will be making the looong road trip to central Indiana, just the opposite of that happened last year. Westfield will need to be sharper than they were tonight to make their second straight trip to Lucas Oil Stadium.  

What I'm hearing you say:

Westfield waxed the SAC's best team tonight despite not playing well.

Carroll's mistakes on offense were a result of Westfield's fine playmaking. 

The game should have been 37-7. 

7 hours ago, BTF said:

What I'm hearing you say:

Westfield waxed the SAC's best team tonight despite not playing well.

Carroll's mistakes on offense were a result of Westfield's fine playmaking. 

The game should have been 37-7. 

Almost. I did say that Carroll was able to move the ball, but those three turnovers really hurt them early on. Now if that was due to Westfield's defense or Carroll not holding onto the ball in the cold conditions, not sure.

3 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Almost. I did say that Carroll was able to move the ball, but those three turnovers really hurt them early on. Now if that was due to Westfield's defense or Carroll not holding onto the ball in the cold conditions, not sure.

I saw a game in which Carroll was only down 10-0 at halftime and at one point 16-8 in the third quarter. 

Westfield is multiple scores better than Carroll, but not the 37-7 you suggest.

Carroll played sloppy on offense. Quarterback didn't seem to be on target. A little may have had to do with Westfield's defense, a little do to the cold, and maybe a little due to just having an off night. 

Carroll's struggles came after crossing the 50. Kudos to the Rocks for tightening up at that point. 

If these teams played ten times, I think Westfield would win all ten. Most of the games would go 2 or 3 touchdowns, but not 30 points. 

46 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Evansville Memorial 17

East Central 14

Final

East Central led 14-0 at the half but Memorial tied it up with 5:55 left before hitting a 30-yard field goal as time expired. Mount Vernon (Fortville) at Evansville Memorial next week.

Such a good game

• Like 1

Just now, Frozen Tundra said:

Memorial never ceases to amaze me anymore. I didn’t think they could compete in 4A when they were moved up but here they are in the final four yet again. Twice in a three year span with the first resulting in a state title.

Enlow going to be PACKING again next Friday/Saturday 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I saw a game in which Carroll was only down 10-0 at halftime and at one point 16-8 in the third quarter. 

Westfield is multiple scores better than Carroll, but not the 37-7 you suggest.

Carroll played sloppy on offense. Quarterback didn't seem to be on target. A little may have had to do with Westfield's defense, a little do to the cold, and maybe a little due to just having an off night. 

Carroll's struggles came after crossing the 50. Kudos to the Rocks for tightening up at that point. 

If these teams played ten times, I think Westfield would win all ten. Most of the games would go 2 or 3 touchdowns, but not 30 points. 

They needed their dynamo at wr n starting rb..depth was an issue..They're still a few yrs off yet have the foundation 

36 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

This will remain true until sac teams not only embody the underdog role but prosper in it..

Can you dissect that statement a bit more?? I'm not sure how being able to embody being an underdog will help them prosper. Last few years they are underdogs and prosper to defeat. 

2 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Memorial never ceases to amaze me anymore. I didn’t think they could compete in 4A when they were moved up but here they are in the final four yet again. Twice in a three year span with the first resulting in a state title.

Not only have they competed in 4A, they’ve thrived.

1 hour ago, psaboy said:

Can you dissect that statement a bit more?? I'm not sure how being able to embody being an underdog will help them prosper. Last few years they are underdogs and prosper to defeat. 

Understanding ur a David n having no fear of goliath..get bigger..faster..n stronger..so when u see goliath..its no issues..

• Thanks 1