Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Southern Semi-State: Mater Dei @ Scecina Memorial

20 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Just an iPhone and Twitter!

TigerFan20 - any info on whether this game will be streamed?  These 5:30 pm Friday games, 3 hours away are playing havoc with my ability to attend. ; - \
I understand the IHSAA "takes over" streaming at the SS level, but that does not give me any sort of a warm & fuzzy....more dazed & confused, to be honest.

4 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

TigerFan20 - any info on whether this game will be streamed?  These 5:30 pm Friday games, 3 hours away are playing havoc with my ability to attend. ; - \
I understand the IHSAA "takes over" streaming at the SS level, but that does not give me any sort of a warm & fuzzy....more dazed & confused, to be honest.

So far there is only 1 SS game scheduled, but they should officially announce around Wednesday. I know all the Soccer games got live streams for SS. The Memorial-MV in 2019 had one too, but that was done by SRN

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Possibly avoiding to travel home late, although pretty sure Scecina chose 5:30 

I would think this would really hurt attendance, would think it would be in the IHSAA's best interest to have as big of a crowd as possible. 

Just now, Cappy said:

I would think this would really hurt attendance, would think it would be in the IHSAA's best interest to have as big of a crowd as possible. 

Scecina should bring a crowd, no clue what Mater Dei will do. But they did bring up a nice size crowd last week from the looks of it

13 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Scecina should bring a crowd, no clue what Mater Dei will do. But they did bring up a nice size crowd last week from the looks of it

I believe the 5:30 start time is to avoid late night travel. The start time or the weather did not appear to impact the MD crowd Friday night. I would say MD had a larger fan base at the game than Triton Central did. I'm not sure it was all that close either. I'm sure we will travel well again this week. 

10 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I believe the 5:30 start time is to avoid late night travel. The start time or the weather did not appear to impact the MD crowd Friday night. I would say MD had a larger fan base at the game than Triton Central did. I'm not sure it was all that close either. I'm sure we will travel well again this week. 

The WREF radio guys commented a couple of time that the MD crowd was larger - and definitely more vocal - than the TC crowd but they are "homers" to some degree😎

Just now, MDAlum82 said:

The WREF radio guys commented a couple of time that the MD crowd was larger - and definitely more vocal - than the TC crowd but they are "homers" to some degree😎

I was there. The MD crowd was larger from my point of view and for sure louder, but what exactly did Triton Central fans have to cheer about after the opening kickoff?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

Wonder what kind of odds you could get on that? $1 would probably win you $5,000,000. 

With FGs, that is always a possibility. I do not know if it has ever been done with safeties 

EDIT: some Maryland HS school won a game, 4-2 in safeties back in 2013

Edited by TigerFan20

Watched some scecina highlights vs LCC on max preps.  The RB is small but fast, OL seems undersized but quick and opened some holes that the RB exploited.  Looks like MD will have the size advantage in the trenches, but will need to make some sure tackles or the RB can break some long runs.  Didn't see any of their defensive highlights.  Any insight on what they do defensively?  I see that they have 5 or 6 shutouts on the season.

1 hour ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I was there. The MD crowd was larger from my point of view and for sure louder, but what exactly did Triton Central fans have to cheer about after the opening kickoff?

The beginning of Girl's basketball season?  

17 minutes ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Watched some scecina highlights vs LCC on max preps.  The RB is small but fast, OL seems undersized but quick and opened some holes that the RB exploited.  Looks like MD will have the size advantage in the trenches, but will need to make some sure tackles or the RB can break some long runs.  Didn't see any of their defensive highlights.  Any insight on what they do defensively?  I see that they have 5 or 6 shutouts on the season.

They have some size & quickness on the D line and LBs.  They blitz and put a lot of pressure on the QB.  However, they are susceptible to the passing game.  If we can give Wunderlich enough time, we should be able to move the ball through the air enough to help the running game.  

There are a couple of their playoff games available at IHSAAtv.org

image.png.01cb20091aea237c7757d68577437e86.png

29 minutes ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Just watched a video of them on Maxpreps playing Centerville a few weeks ago. Looks like they like to run some 4-3 defense. Held them to 10 points. If MD ground game opens then the passing game will open as well. Should be a good match up.

5 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Scecina should bring a crowd? As BTO sang " You Aint seen Nothing yet" LOL

Edited by globemstr3

10 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Scecina by 10+

Backsidebelly with the hit'n run commentary/prediction 😎...  kinda like dropping off a verbal SBD as you pass through the MD vs Scecina Semi-State chat room.  For those who do not currently have 13 year old boys in their house and thus are unfamiliar with some of their slang, SBD stands for "silent but deadly".  AKA,  the "fart & run"...😅🤣😂

I could certainly come up with a scenario where Scecina wins by 10 but curious of thoughts behind your prediction?  Who you got in the Eastbrook game this week?     ; -0

Edited by MDAlum82