Head Coach Openings 2024 ร—
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ’ฌ๐Ÿ’ต Twitter, Offseason, and Boosters: We Need Your Input

Keeping the Twitter Autoshare Feature  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Spend $15 Per Month to Keep the Twitter Autoshare Feature All Year?

• Yes, Keep It
    • No, Not Needed
    • No Opinion/Other (please specify)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/24/2021 at 08:59 PM

I hope everyone had a good season. As some of you know, we have a very active presence on Twitter from August through January. Through December, I pay $14.99 per month for software that auto-shares any tweet that uses #TGD or @gridirondigest. It is very useful for sharing streams, scores, updates, and other things to our nearly 9,000 followers.

Would you like to see this feature continued all year? If so, could we get some boosters for the 2022-2023 season to earmark their donation for this? (If you are interested, PM me and tag @DK_Baronsย because he keeps the books!)ย Looking at the Twitter feed since the state finals' weekend, we are driving conversations (which increase our engagement and reach on social media).

Additionally, if you would be interested in being an active editor on The TGD Facebook Page, please message me. I know recruiting, strength competitions, highlights of football standouts in other sports, facility improvements, 7-on-7s, etc. would be possible content. I am currently running to many other social media accounts to give it proper attention (i.e. content).

One more thing. TGD's logos are becoming dated. If you are a graphic designer or know someone who would like to give us a facelift (only talking about: a few logos, background, and generic social media sized graphics, let me know. Booster status would be granted depending on output!

Enjoy the offseason, but check in with us!

Best,

~ Chris

It's cool on Friday nights when people can share scores and updates. But it's kind of annoying to see random posts throughout the week from someone replying and blowing off about something with no context as to what in the heck they're talking about. Plus in the past I know there's been some very profane or explicit posts that have been autoshared from a reply. Idk, I feel like a lot of the GID faithful just post it here anyway.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CoachVeatch said:

It's cool on Friday nights when people can share scores and updates. But it's kind of annoying to see random posts throughout the week from someone replying and blowing off about something with no context as to what in the heck they're talking about. Plus in the past I know there's been some very profane or explicit posts that have been autoshared from a reply. Idk, I feel like a lot of the GID faithful just post it here anyway.

This

ย 

if there was a Friday/Saturday only option that would be preferred. ย I definitely like being able to find all of the scores quickly on gamedaysย 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachVeatch said:

ย 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

This

ย 

if there was a Friday/Saturday only option that would be preferred. ย I definitely like being able to find all of the scores quickly on gamedaysย 

With the pinned gameday thread on GID ... and even recently when it isn't pinned, there are enough dedicated folks to start it and keep filling it ... GID itself has been my go-to location for scores around the state.ย  The exception is Sam King's, local J&C reporter, Twitter feed for local coverage.ย  Even then, I find myself on the GID site more than King's Twitter feed on game day; especially given the ancillary conference thread chatter on GID at game time.

I am an active Tweeter on Friday night at the account sharing scores as I see and hear them, and go to it constantly on Friday's searching for updates. As well, I follow more people there posting updates of scores versus what I see on the pinned thread here.

I would personally suggest only paying for it from August - November. I do not see much of a need for it throughout the rest of the year. Occasionally there is some good stuff that gets shared, but overally it is either pretty silent or as others posted, random responses.

• Disdain 1

I wasn't exactly sure how this worked until you explained it right here.ย  Now that I understand it, I like it more.ย  I wonder how many others are in the same boat of not understanding how it works and if everyone knew to add the #TGD to their Friday-night score updates I think it would become even more useful during the season.ย ย