Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Carroll vs Snider

This is a big game tonight in Fort Wayne for more than one reason. Not only do you have two teams squaring off that many are calling the best two in NE Indiana, but the game is being dedicated to the late Owen Scheele. For those who don't already know, this young man passed away suddenly on June 7 due to chronic myeloid leukemia.

"Scheele would likely have been Carroll’s starting quarterback this fall. In his only prior start, he filled in for star quarterback Jeff Becker last year in week two, leading Carroll to a 29-28 win over Snider at Spuller Stadium. That victory helped Carroll in earning a share of its first SAC title, while keeping Snider from winning the Victory Bell outright." (Curtesy of Wane.com)

There might not be a bigger ticket gate in the entire state tonight. I would venture to say that 6000+ may be on hand tonight. 

26 minutes ago, BTF said:

This is a big game tonight in Fort Wayne for more than one reason. Not only do you have two teams squaring off that many are calling the best two in NE Indiana, but the game is being dedicated to the late Owen Scheele. For those who don't already know, this young man passed away suddenly on June 7 due to chronic myeloid leukemia.

"Scheele would likely have been Carroll’s starting quarterback this fall. In his only prior start, he filled in for star quarterback Jeff Becker last year in week two, leading Carroll to a 29-28 win over Snider at Spuller Stadium. That victory helped Carroll in earning a share of its first SAC title, while keeping Snider from winning the Victory Bell outright." (Curtesy of Wane.com)

There might not be a bigger ticket gate in the entire state tonight. I would venture to say that 6000+ may be on hand tonight. 

Its definitely gonna be packed..tailgate on!!

• Like 1

Just now, scarab527 said:

Probably the biggest game in the regular season for the Fort this year? Obviously going to be imbued with a lot of emotion. Wish I could be at this one. That being said I'm going to take Carroll. 

Possibly. They were saying the same thing last week with North Side and Snider. The Fort is still kind of a crapshoot. No one really knows what to expect when Snider, North Side, Dwenger, Homestead, and Carroll play each other at this point. 

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Possibly. They were saying the same thing last week with North Side and Snider. The Fort is still kind of a crapshoot. No one really knows what to expect when Snider, North Side, Dwenger, Homestead, and Carroll play each other at this point. 

Fair enough, probably jumped the gun a little on that one. Definitely one of the marquee matchups in the entire state tonight though. 

Big game this week. I really liked what I saw from Carroll last week, they were good. On the other hand, I didn’t like what Snider did against North Side offensively. With a 3 year starter in Haupert at QB, I expected more, zero points in the 2nd half just doesn’t cut it. Defensively, I thought the Panthers were decent, not great. Lots of emotion in this game….

25 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Big game this week. I really liked what I saw from Carroll last week, they were good. On the other hand, I didn’t like what Snider did against North Side offensively. With a 3 year starter in Haupert at QB, I expected more, zero points in the 2nd half just doesn’t cut it. Defensively, I thought the Panthers were decent, not great. Lots of emotion in this game….

I agree on the Haupert point, looking for better play out of him tonight to lead the Mighty Panthers of Snider to a W BABY !!

11 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I agree on the Haupert point, looking for better play out of him tonight to lead the Mighty Panthers of Snider to a W BABY !!

Figured out the oc..mums the word in panther land..its definitely being split n was the main reason it was so run heavy...agree to let him throw it without cutting the field in half yet also trust tippy with whatever he decides..Dinan vs. Tippman..

Tough loss for the Panthers, actually kept it closer than I thought they would. Offensive line got consistently beat by Carroll’s defensive line, no time for Haupert to throw, and the defense just didn’t get stops like they needed to. On the positive side, Carroll looks like the best team in SAC and is a 6A team that could make some noise in the tourney. 

25 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Tough loss for the Panthers, actually kept it closer than I thought they would. Offensive line got consistently beat by Carroll’s defensive line, no time for Haupert to throw, and the defense just didn’t get stops like they needed to. On the positive side, Carroll looks like the best team in SAC and is a 6A team that could make some noise in the tourney. 

I saw the game a little differently. I think both teams are evenly matched and one had to lose. I think Carroll will give Penn fits, then Indy comes calling. Snider has the tools to make a deep run if they can get out of their own sectional. They just need to get a passing game going that features a third year quarterback, a D1 receiver, and and D3 receiver. They're deep in the run game, wow. 

I'll continue to say it. All bets are off when Snider, Dwenger, Homestead, Carroll, and North Side play one another. Those are five very good football teams. 

13 hours ago, BTF said:

I saw the game a little differently. I think both teams are evenly matched and one had to lose. I think Carroll will give Penn fits, then Indy comes calling. Snider has the tools to make a deep run if they can get out of their own sectional. They just need to get a passing game going that features a third year quarterback, a D1 receiver, and and D3 receiver. They're deep in the run game, wow. 

I'll continue to say it. All bets are off when Snider, Dwenger, Homestead, Carroll, and North Side play one another. Those are five very good football teams. 

I certainly didn’t see this game as evenly matched at all. I thought Carroll controlled the line of scrimmage and did pretty much whatever they wanted offensively. They are the clear favorite in the SAC. The other 4 teams are good and, damn, Snider, North Side, and Dwenger in the same sectional is brutal, but there is absolutely a good chance Snider is out in the first round of sectionals which would be a sad way for Haupert to end 3 years as a starting QB without a sectional title. Love my Panthers, but the days of winning a sectional title as a fore gone conclusion seem to be over

Edited by Komets2727

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

I certainly didn’t see this game as evenly matched at all. I thought Carroll controlled the line of scrimmage and did pretty much whatever they wanted offensively. They are the clear favorite in the SAC. The other 4 teams are good and, damn, Snider, North Side, and Dwenger in the same sectional is brutal, but there is absolutely a good chance Snider is out in the first round of sectionals which would be a sad way for Haupert to end 3 years as a starting QB without a sectional title. Love my Panthers, but the days of winning a sectional title as a fore gone conclusion seem to be over

It's a new era in the SAC. Carroll and Homestead have resources that 90% of their competitors do not. Both are sitting at 2600 with 3000 right around the corner. Snider is just trying to stay afloat in my opinion. I still think this team is pretty good. I'm not sure they'll see a better team than Carroll in 5a................maybe Merrillville. 

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

Would the player suspended made a difference? Not making excuses I'm neutral.

10 minutes ago, jakone said:

Would the player suspended made a difference? Not making excuses I'm neutral.

Imho definitely..kid runs close to a 4.4 n is 210lbs at 6'1 or 6'2..few of the plays woulda been house calls if he were in..1st game averaged 27yds a carry...he is a game changer 

29 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Imho definitely..kid runs close to a 4.4 n is 210lbs at 6'1 or 6'2..few of the plays woulda been house calls if he were in..1st game averaged 27yds a carry...he is a game changer 

Agree. I'm not going to take anything away from Carroll as they are good football team. But losing a guy like Langston changes things somewhat. 

I am gonna go on record as saying that 5A sectional #12 will be a a MEAT GRINDER!  

I know that locally we have deemed certain teams as the 'favorite'...  But if the first 2 weeks have shown anything to anyone....  There IS parity a the top of the SAC.  

Until I am shown anything different....Carroll is the REAL deal this season in local 6A FB!  Plus with them not having to deal with the local "rivalries" until the Regional/Semi-State level....I could see them on a trajectory to LOS from the North if all things work out as the season moves forward.  

FB in the Fort is nice this season....so you should get out and enjoy it.  We have stepped up our game.  Of course to meet those outside of the FW area (Indy metro and Da Region)....we may need more.  But players and coaches have done what we look for.... IMPROVE! 

6 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

I am gonna go on record as saying that 5A sectional #12 will be a a MEAT GRINDER!  

I know that locally we have deemed certain teams as the 'favorite'...  But if the first 2 weeks have shown anything to anyone....  There IS parity a the top of the SAC.  

Until I am shown anything different....Carroll is the REAL deal this season in local 6A FB!  Plus with them not having to deal with the local "rivalries" until the Regional/Semi-State level....I could see them on a trajectory to LOS from the North if all things work out as the season moves forward.  

FB in the Fort is nice this season....so you should get out and enjoy it.  We have stepped up our game.  Of course to meet those outside of the FW area (Indy metro and Da Region)....we may need more.  But players and coaches have done what we look for.... IMPROVE! 

That parity at the top includes 5 teams in my opinion. Should be a fun year. 

I'm a huge fan of you being right, but Carroll getting to Lucas is a BIG if. Penn, Elkhart, Warsaw, Jefferson, and six suburban Indy schools might have something to say about that.

Carroll has to be good, they barely beat a good Snider team. And it's too early to tell if this Snider team compares to the teams of the past that rumbled with Indy schools. I'll be honest, as of right now I'm thinking if Carroll can sneak out of their own sectional and regional, their road stops at semi-state. I hope they prove me wrong. Just my prediction based on the level of play down in Indy the last several years. 

25 minutes ago, BTF said:

That parity at the top includes 5 teams in my opinion. Should be a fun year. 

I'm a huge fan of you being right, but Carroll getting to Lucas is a BIG if. Penn, Elkhart, Warsaw, Jefferson, and six suburban Indy schools might have something to say about that.

Carroll has to be good, they barely beat a good Snider team. And it's too early to tell if this Snider team compares to the teams of the past that rumbled with Indy schools. I'll be honest, as of right now I'm thinking if Carroll can sneak out of their own sectional and regional, their road stops at semi-state. I hope they prove me wrong. Just my prediction based on the level of play down in Indy the last several years. 

Snider is NO JOKE in 5A....  So that isn't a slight on them.  And yes 6A North is a barnburner.  

But it is available to be done for Carroll.  

Let's not forget...Those from Da Region, North Side or Dwenger.... WOW! 

And in 4A...Wayne, and more.  Plus New Pal.  New Pal is tearing it up so far!  Coach Ralph is a darned (not taking a 'stand') good Coach!  

Edited by Yuccaguy

2 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Snider is NO JOKE in 5A....  So that isn't a slight on them.  And yes 6A North is a barnburner.  

But it is available to be done for Carroll.  

Let's not forget...Those from Da Region, North Side or Dwenger.... WOW! 

And in 4A...Wayne, and more.  Plus New Pal.  New Pal is tearing it up so far!  Coach Ralph is a darned (not taking a 'stand') good Coach!  

Not convinced with Wayne. I was a big fan to start the season, but now I'm not so sure. It's only week 2.