Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 2

Jasper's defense gave up 1 big play but besides that were rock solid tonight. The offense though, YIKES! Can't have 5 fumbles and 2 turn over on downs and expect to win. That Harrison defensive line gave us more than we could handle. 

After watching the second half of VL and Reitz I'm not convinced we win either of those games. 

29 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Jasper's defense gave up 1 big play but besides that were rock solid tonight. The offense though, YIKES! Can't have 5 fumbles and 2 turn over on downs and expect to win. That Harrison defensive line gave us more than we could handle. 

After watching the second half of VL and Reitz I'm not convinced we win either of those games. 

Did the Offense have a lot of players out?

1 minute ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I know Young didn’t play.  I didn’t see the game.  But it wouldn’t surprise me to learn that played a role in some of their TOs.

Blair left the game early too, but I guess Jasper got banged up too from last week it appears

5 minutes ago, combthehair said:

QB and RB/WR. 

I listened on the radio and assumed that was the reason for the fumbles. But the way Gobert was talking, those fumbles were because the Jasper Oline was getting thumped up front. 

Yikes, because I thought Jasper did very well last week

Checked the stats for tonight, 250 rushing yards is still pretty good 

Edited by TigerFan20

6 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Yikes, because I thought Jasper did very well last week

Checked the stats for tonight, 250 rushing yards is still pretty good 

Yeah it wasn't all negative at tonight. But hats off to the Harrison Coaching staff. They put in a good plan on D loading the box and forcing us to go outside our game plan. And their players executed. 

I'd like to hear what the VL and Reitz fan's thoughts are on their game tonight. I'd think both teams played really well and both look like they can make some noise in the tournament. Reitz looked big and athletic. VL looked like scrapers. they are going to punch you in the mouth and it's going to hurt like hell. 

4 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

North ends Memorial’s 10 year streak without being shut out. Memorial was last shutout against Belleville 35-0 in 2012

That's a hell of a run without being shut out. 

25 minutes ago, combthehair said:

I'd like to hear what the VL and Reitz fan's thoughts are on their game tonight. I'd think both teams played really well and both look like they can make some noise in the tournament. Reitz looked big and athletic. VL looked like scrapers. they are going to punch you in the mouth and it's going to hurt like hell. 

Very impressive when you think about it, I thought Memorial’s 2015 team had a shutout, but they didn’t 

1 hour ago, combthehair said:

Reitz is big and athletic, and most of the defense is juniors. We were missing our starting MLB (Wells), but was preventative. He will be back next week. 

Lincoln surprised me tonight. Their QB is a solid runner. He was a little shaky on passing, but is adequate to keep defenses honest. 

Penalties almost cost Reitz tonight (8 personal fouls, 5 encroachment calls on short yardage).  Right now, Reitz is their own worst enemy, and if they clean it up between the ears, they could be a force. 

17 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Reitz is big and athletic, and most of the defense is juniors. We were missing our starting MLB (Wells), but was preventative. He will be back next week. 

Lincoln surprised me tonight. Their QB is a solid runner. He was a little shaky on passing, but is adequate to keep defenses honest. 

Penalties almost cost Reitz tonight (8 personal fouls, 5 encroachment calls on short yardage).  Right now, Reitz is their own worst enemy, and if they clean it up between the ears, they could be a force. 

Your Dline looks stacked. Which is going to be a problem next week. What were all those personal fouls about? Because that's a ton of them. 

5 hours ago, combthehair said:

Watched some of the broadcast via phone. I guess Reitz had 13 penalties for 145 yards!? Crazy that they won that game. Panther said it best, it seems they are their own worst enemy right now but if they clean the undisciplined stuff up they could be a really good team. After the broadcast VL Coach Salters talked about Reitz having the best RB/WR combo and Summers being the best WR in the conference. They had him with 13 catches for 189 yards. Impressive performance. They’ve got the talent to beat anybody, but the thing about football is there is much more to the game than just having talent.

Still hard to say but it would seem VL is legit and not a team that can be taken lightly. Their QB Hunt is an absolute gamer and they have a lot of fight in them as a team. We get to see them tested again at their place next week as they host MD. And for Reitz they host Jasper next, which could be very interesting. I wonder if Jasper will have all their guys back for that. SIAC definitely got way more interesting after tonight. Gotta love a little parity. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, combthehair said:

QB and RB/WR. 

I listened on the radio and assumed that was the reason for the fumbles. But the way Gobert was talking, those fumbles were because the Jasper Oline was getting thumped up front. 

Never expect to hear a Jasper OL getting thumped up front. Are they just more undersized this year or was Harrison’s defensive gameplan just very well executed? 

Heartbreaking loss for VL to say the least...for a regular season game this one sure hurts.  This program has fought hard to earn that first major conference win and it looked as if they finally had one in the bag. 

Crazy ending..

3rd and long for Reitz from their own 40 (roughly), no timeouts left, and Davies hits Summers on a dime just over the corner and closing safety down to the Lincoln 2 out of bounds...just a heck of a throw to beat what was pretty good coverage...

1st and goal...Reitz is stuffed twice on consecutive dives..cannot stop the clock...time for one last play. They run up the gut a third time and appear to be stopped but the RB made a great second effort to just break the plane...4 seconds left. 

Just one heck of a game in front of a great crowd for both sides. Both offenses were really efficient. Both defenses forced 2 turnovers and made big stops. I thought VL played well in all facets of the game. The ground game is going to be a force all year with Hunt, Johnson, and the youngster McCrary behind what is starting to look like the best Lincoln O-line I've seen in quite some time.

But Reitz had the two mammoth plays that were the difference, the first being the reverse flea flicker to Summers that put them up 7 right out of the gate. 

13 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Watched some of the broadcast via phone. I guess Reitz had 13 penalties for 145 yards!? Crazy that they won that game. Panther said it best, it seems they are their own worst enemy right now but if they clean the undisciplined stuff up they could be a really good team. After the broadcast VL Coach Salters talked about Reitz having the best RB/WR combo and Summers being the best WR in the conference. They had him with 13 catches for 189 yards. Impressive performance. They’ve got the talent to beat anybody, but the thing about football is there is much more to the game than just having talent.

Still hard to say but it would seem VL is legit and not a team that can be taken lightly. Their QB Hunt is an absolute gamer and they have a lot of fight in them as a team. We get to see them tested again at their place next week as they host MD. And for Reitz they host Jasper next, which could be very interesting. I wonder if Jasper will have all their guys back for that. SIAC definitely got way more interesting after tonight. Gotta love a little parity. 

If he's not the best I'd hate to defend someone who is superior. The kid has it all..size, speed, hands, route running.

5 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Heartbreaking loss for VL to say the least...for a regular season game this one sure hurts.  This program has fought hard to earn that first major conference win and it looked as if they finally had one in the bag. 

Crazy ending..

3rd and long for Reitz from their own 40 (roughly), no timeouts left, and Davies hits Summers on a dime just over the corner and closing safety down to the Lincoln 2 out of bounds...just a heck of a throw to beat what was pretty good coverage...

1st and goal...Reitz is stuffed twice on consecutive dives..cannot stop the clock...time for one last play. They run up the gut a third time and appear to be stopped but the RB made a great second effort to just break the plane...4 seconds left. 

Just one heck of a game in front of a great crowd for both sides. Both offenses were really efficient. Both defenses forced 2 turnovers and made big stops. I thought VL played well in all facets of the game. The ground game is going to be a force all year with Hunt, Johnson, and the youngster McCrary behind what is starting to look like the best Lincoln O-line I've seen in quite some time.

But Reitz had the two mammoth plays that were the difference, the first being the reverse flea flicker to Summers that put them up 7 right out of the gate. 

Credit where credit is due. VL is legit. Hunt was amazing at times. The play that sticks out to me was when Hunt was running for his life toward your sideline, and threw the sidearm pass on point, but was not completed. The biggest knock I saw on him was he locks on to one receiver, and it led to an interception when he showed the safety where he was throwing and the kid made a play.

Good luck to Lincoln the rest of the way. I’ll be paying attention.

• Like 1